Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTICE

This case is sub judice as under consideration by the courts. Sub judice contempt can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Please do not state as fact that which is opinion. Also, use 'IMO' and 'allegedly' a lot.

Rules - Updated Crime Board Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING

General Information The BigFooty Crime board is a community that fosters discussion on current and past crimes, some which have social and media notoriety, that attracts the attention of public opinion and discussion on such matters. Please read these rules very carefully, both the Big Footy...
www.bigfooty.com
www.bigfooty.com

On the Greg Lynn committal proceedings Crown Prosecutor Mr Dickie said 'It is clear hopefully from the document, and if it's not clear from the document it's clear hopefully from the charges put before the court, that it is alleged of course that the accused acted with murderous intent when he allegedly killed the two victims.'

Last edited:
Can you get me a link please because it might be important?

There's a difference between a 12g bullet consisting of a heap small lead balls packed inside the casing, and a solid lead slug.
Item 55 in the evidence brief apparently. It is known as item 55: a skinny fragment of lead, distorted and dull silver, like a chewed piece of metallic gum.
Almost two years after Russell Hill and Carol Clay were killed at Bucks Camp, a remote site in Victoria’s alpine national park, a senior constable found this 6.5cm by 1.5cm fragment while combing the scene.
There is little dispute in the double murder trial of Gregory Stuart Lynn about the significance of evidence such as item 55: it was fired from Lynn’s 12-gauge shotgun, and on it is Clay’s DNA.

Last edited:
That photo is from the camp-site and would in all likeliness not contain the remains of their bodies due to different scenes.

Interesting is the pairs of glasses. Make what you will of that. Were they removed from the dead bodies? Did they not wear glasses all the time? Were they taken off as they were already in bed asleep? Past 10pm is pretty late for elderly and bush camping people at that.

There would have been minimal natural lighting as it was 3 days to a new moon. So how could GL be certain of what was going on with his side of events?

GL is caught on camera at 9:30am 21 march 2020 on his way after disposing of the bodies. How does this fit in with his timeframe with routes travelled?
I think you can assume if these are from the camp, unless he undressed them after death, then they were in bed asleep when they were killed. All stuff from the camp that might incriminate was also chucked in before being burned.

The article says the mirror was in the fire at camp but the photo is irrelevant as the standard mirrors are manually operated, so it must be something else.

After market? RH had a pretty good set up

After market? RH had a pretty good set up
I considered that, I'm confused as the crime scene photo show what looks like the bog standard old school post style assembly like the below, which obviously has no room for a motor
But then the photo of the ute back home shows a driver's side mirror that is more chunky.
Edit: actually nah the driver's side mirror looks standard on 2nd thought, aftermarket mirrors are usually even chunkier
images.jpeg

Last edited:
Item 55 in the evidence brief apparently. It is known as item 55: a skinny fragment of lead, distorted and dull silver, like a chewed piece of metallic gum.
Almost two years after Russell Hill and Carol Clay were killed at Bucks Camp, a remote site in Victoria’s alpine national park, a senior constable found this 6.5cm by 1.5cm fragment while combing the scene.
There is little dispute in the double murder trial of Gregory Stuart Lynn about the significance of evidence such as item 55: it was fired from Lynn’s 12-gauge shotgun, and on it is Clay’s DNA.

Then he probably used solid lead slugs imo.

This is a solid lead slug. Any of the below may be used in a 12 gauge.

slug.jpg

Pellets and a slug.

pelletsnslugs.jpg

I still find it hard to believe someone would break into a hunter's car and steal their weapon. That is some bravado!

Also call BS on Lynn allagedly shooting into the air. Probably the last thing you would think of. I'd say deliberate lie to deflect any witness accounts of hearing more than one shot.

When you look at the whole scenario, the odds of everything fitting in nicely to Lynn's account seem fanciful at best.

No bushie would do it and Hill's been around long enough to know you don't even touch other people's firearms.

Allegedly the incident took place at 10 pm, spend a few minutes panicking, collect the bodies and bundle them up. clear the camp of any incriminating evidence, pack up your own tent and make sure theres's no incriminationg evidence, st fire to the tent with a final check around, load the bodies into a trailer and get to the locked gate by midnight?

The time frames seem too tight.

Surely gas bottles in the tent fire would have exploded, would nearby campers have heard that?
I'm guessing Russell would have gone camping with more people than just Clare, couldn't we ask one of his fellow campers what time he would usually go to bed? I just can't see him sneaking into a hunter's campsite stealing guns when it would have been pitch black...

If Clay still had her bra on, they probably weren't down for the night or ready for bed. That might be something to indicate it either happened earlier than Lynn says, or Carol quickly redressed.
The bra, the jeans button and studs, the unidentified fabric(toweling or t-shirt).
It all says they were both still dressed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The slugs I've seen aren't like those. They are just a lump of lead, which is about the 6.5cm x 1.5cm that was mentioned above.
They're practically the same thing, the top pic shows a slightly different type know as a "brenneke" which has the "wad" attached, but the chonk of lead on top is the part to focus on, styles do vary slightly, some pointed , some flat, some with or without grooves, as well as all sorts of funky weird designs.

Allegedly the incident took place at 10 pm, spend a few minutes panicking, collect the bodies and bundle them up. clear the camp of any incriminating evidence, pack up your own tent and make sure theres's no incriminationg evidence, st fire to the tent with a final check around, load the bodies into a trailer and get to the locked gate by midnight?

The time frames seem too tight.
If it was 10pm and they were in bed, then there was no argument and they were just murdered.

However, this doesn't explain how some of Carol's DNA ended up inside the canopy, unless it wasn't from the shooting, and it happened when she was cooking dinner. Depends on what the DNA was from.

Surely gas bottles in the tent fire would have exploded, would nearby campers have heard that?
I'm guessing Russell would have gone camping with more people than just Clare, couldn't we ask one of his fellow campers what time he would usually go to bed? I just can't see him sneaking into a hunter's campsite stealing guns when it would have been pitch black...
Just a bizarre post.

That photo is from the camp-site and would in all likeliness not contain the remains of their bodies due to different scenes.

Interesting is the pairs of glasses. Make what you will of that. Were they removed from the dead bodies? Did they not wear glasses all the time? Were they taken off as they were already in bed asleep? Past 10pm is pretty late for elderly and bush camping people at that.

There would have been minimal natural lighting as it was 3 days to a new moon. So how could GL be certain of what was going on with his side of events?

GL is caught on camera at 9:30am 21 march 2020 on his way after disposing of the bodies. How does this fit in with his timeframe with routes travelled?
I beg to differ I believe the photo is from the burial site and when the bodies were initially found a broken pair of glasses was reported then. The expert today talked about both sites. The photo with the items layed out comes from the sifting of the burial site.

I beg to differ I believe the photo is from the burial site and when they were initially found a brioken pair of glasses was reported then. The expert today talked about both sites. The photo with the items layed out comes from the sifting of the burial site.
This is something we need to clarify - tent or burial site. If it was burial site, there wouldn't be anything from the tent there.

This is something we need to clarify - tent or burial site. If it was burial site, there wouldn't be anything from the tent there.
From the ABC article that has a clear photo of the pieces layed out and labeled:

"In particular, Mr Xydias told the court how within the hole of a tree, investigators recovered a number of items of interest, including:
"Significant amounts of intensely affected biological matter, various appeared to be bone remnants and several teeth," Mr Xydias said.
They also found "partial remains of an older type wristwatch," and "at least two metal press studs or rivets", which Mr Xydias said he thought were parts of some clothing.
The jury were shown a number of photographs — including of burnt pieces of bone — recovered from the site."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back