Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTICE

This case is sub judice as under consideration by the courts. Sub judice contempt can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Please do not state as fact that which is opinion. Also, use 'IMO' and 'allegedly' a lot.

Rules - Updated Crime Board Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING

General Information The BigFooty Crime board is a community that fosters discussion on current and past crimes, some which have social and media notoriety, that attracts the attention of public opinion and discussion on such matters. Please read these rules very carefully, both the Big Footy...
www.bigfooty.com
www.bigfooty.com

On the Greg Lynn committal proceedings Crown Prosecutor Mr Dickie said 'It is clear hopefully from the document, and if it's not clear from the document it's clear hopefully from the charges put before the court, that it is alleged of course that the accused acted with murderous intent when he allegedly killed the two victims.'

Last edited:
He would melt in 10 seconds if he was on the stand in front of an experienced prosecutor. If I was on the crown’s team I would beg for an opportunity to have a crack if he had the temerity to take the stand.

I hope he does but there is no way I can see that DD would suggest that’s a good idea.
Is there no power that the prosecutor can exercise that would prevent Lynn from refusing to take the stand?

GL's an intelligent person. He must have known he was snapped on the Gotham resort camera after he was spoken to by police in July 2020 and that it likely would have a front on image of his vehicle with him in the drivers seat.

One would then not be able to hide their involvement even by disposing of the vehicle completely.

Not sure what value the trailer adds either. GL has made a full admission of sticking the couple in the back of the trailer and carting them up to near Dargo. Finding the trailer simply confirms what GL has admitted to.

GL's an intelligent person. He must have known he was snapped on the Gotham resort camera after he was spoken to by police in July 2020 and that it likely would have a front on image of his vehicle with him in the drivers seat.

One would then not be able to hide their involvement even by disposing of the vehicle completely.

Not sure what value the trailer adds either. GL has made a full admission of sticking the couple in the back of the trailer and carting them up to near Dargo. Finding the trailer simply confirms what GL has admitted to.

Maybe he meant to be snapped and that would go towards his alibi later down the track if he was questioned. "I was camping near Hotham". What stymied that plan was Hill's phone pinging.

Doing the noisy three point turn didn't help either but Hill's phone pinging is crucial.

Maybe he meant to be snapped and that would go towards his alibi later down the track if he was questioned. "I was camping near Hotham". What stymied that plan was Hill's phone pinging.

Doing the noisy three point turn didn't help either but Hill's phone pinging is crucial.
Yeah, if that gate had have been open, might have got away with it.

Lynn knew the area very well and would have good navigation skills.

GL's on trial for murder, not what he did afterwards. He's already admitted to the post offense stuff.

Prosecution did have the option of going down the implied admission of guilt by post offense behavior. We still aren't sure if they did pursue that, I am sure we will hear testimony to that effect soon if so.
How he acted afterwards will have an affect on the jury’s thoughts.

I wonder if he didn't muck up at the closed gate which cost him a lot of time and got to the camera's in poor light, possible dark, how good would the images have been?

Is there no power that the prosecutor can exercise that would prevent Lynn from refusing to take the stand?

Nope. His decision alone. And the fact he decides not to can not be used against him.

I’ve been on juries where you’d just love to hear the accused’s story from their own mouth. But in the same trials I’ve seen the defence suggest and argue the most disgusting things on examination.

The adage is true. It’s not a justice system it’s a legal system. It’s what we have.

I

I mean farking seriously what could possibly be worth doing this. Allegedly.

I’m lost for words. Allegedly.
I predicted it would be this scenario about the drone. Only I also think he murdered them both when Hill hit a nerve. There’s no accident that happened.

IMO

I

I mean farking seriously what could possibly be worth doing this. Allegedly.

I’m lost for words. Allegedly.
IMO; The realisation, of how thoroughly GL worked, to make them disappear is truly awful.

And, there it is reported in that article ^

https://www.9news.com.au/national/g...-to-jury/8dfd7fc3-50e5-4e5d-bfc2-558a53b483c0

Hill had threatened to send his drone footage of Lynn deer hunting near the camp to police, defence barrister Dermot Dann told the jury.

IMO: GL is toast....
I take the "threat" and the fact GL is providing the narrative as further evidence of GL bending the story for his benefit.
Because the threat itself is nonsense, "hunting around camp" means nothing, drone footage of someone sitting or walking around the bush with a firearm proves nothing at all, and this type of "threat" would just be laughed off, I would.
I think by GL saying this it is meant to infer that RH was being irrational, as it not an admission of wrongdoing.

Now "shooting" around camp would be different, as evidence of this could result in actual repercussions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, if that gate had have been open, might have got away with it.

Lynn knew the area very well and would have good navigation skills.
If his need to ask about the best campsite in the valley is any indication, he wasn't familiar with the area.
I wonder if he didn't muck up at the closed gate which cost him a lot of time and got to the camera's in poor light, possible dark, how good would the images have been?
The cameras operate 24/7 and capture usable images day or night... Otherwise people would wait until dark to sneak into the resort to avoid paying the daily fee.

to be honest i find it hard to see that the jurey will be able to find him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
GL's story does make is plausable.
Perhaps for murder but not manslaughter.

2 accidental deaths.... going to be hard to convince the jury.

to be honest i find it hard to see that the jurey will be able to find him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
GL's story does make is plausable.
So basically you can murder anyone if you have the same story and burn the victims to a crisp resulting in absolutely no way to confirm anything.

He destroyed every shred of evidence. Basically it’s “do you believe this or not”

So basically you can murder anyone if you have the same story and burn the victims to a crisp resulting in absolutely no way to confirm anything.

He destroyed every shred of evidence. Basically it’s “do you believe this or not”

Even evidence that would support his version of events.

Eg the mirror and many other things.

No doubt he killed them.
But there has to be SOME doubt that it was murder. And the prosecution needs to prove it....GL doesn't need to prove anything.
Manslaughter though.....absolutely.

I take the "threat" and the fact GL is providing the narrative as further evidence of GL bending the story for his benefit.
Because the threat itself is nonsense, "hunting around camp" means nothing, drone footage of someone sitting or walking around the bush with a firearm proves nothing at all, and this type of "threat" would just be laughed off, I would.
I think by GL saying this it is meant to infer that RH was being irrational, as it not an admission of wrongdoing.

Now "shooting" around camp would be different, as evidence of this could result in actual repercussions.
Truth is stranger than fiction. This is Lynn's story as best I can interpret it.

Lynn is hunting deer too close to camp. Hill warns him of the dangers.

Lynn afraid of losing his job and his gun license decides to move a few metres away. That should do it! Phew! “Thanks for telling me mate, sorry I didn’t know I was that close.” Lynn can now hunt safely. Hill flies his drone to spy on Lynn. Lynn hears the buzzing and thinks it is a mozzie so he continues shooting.

“Gotcha now” Hill thinks to himself. As Lynn, whistling a happy tune returns to his car a smirking Hill shows Lynn the drone and tells him, “Your finished mate”. Hill goes back to his camp and settles down for the night with his lover. Lynn meanwhile is far from settled. Oh well, what can he do now, his career and hobby are all flushed down the toilet. He’s smart, he’ll think of a plan. Of course! His plan is to annoy them.

He puts his shotgun in the car, forgets to take the shells out and put the safety on. Winds the windows down or leaves the car doors open and turns the radio on full blast to annoy the campers.

It's about 10.00PM. Lynn’s genius plan worked. An annoyed Hill grabs a torch and heads to Lynns car. Lynn doesn't see him coming. Hill doesn't turn the radio down, but steals Lynns shotgun and heads back to his own camp. Lynn realises what has happened and goes to retrieve his gun. But Hill will not give it to him.

A series of tragic unforeseen circumstances unfold. Hill and Lynn are fighting for the loaded shotgun (with safety off). How could they have known the dangers! Bang! There goes poor Clay.

Hill lets go of the gun. Lynn now has it and empties it by firing in the air. The shooting doesn’t intimidate Hill, he picks up a knife from his camp table and charges at Lynn. They fight and fall to the ground. Hill is dead!

Right! Need another plan. First, don’t lose your shit mate. Think! What should he do now? Ok, start by cleaning the mess. “I was never here” he thinks to himself as he cleans up. Good plan.

That, IMO, is how it played out. Why not? Makes perfect sense. IMO.

If his need to ask about the best campsite in the valley is any indication, he wasn't familiar with the area.

The cameras operate 24/7 and capture usable images day or night... Otherwise people would wait until dark to sneak into the resort to avoid paying the daily fee.

Believe the poster meant GL was an avid high country enthusiast. He was a regular visitor to the high country but it is a vast place. Ironically just as RH was. There is nobody that knows all areas of it thoroughly. Perhaps he had only been to the "Gatta a few times before hence asking advice on what the best campsite was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back