Media Woosh Magazine Presents - Interview with a Legend #Itsmy300

Remove this Banner Ad

Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 4.59.52 PM.png

Welcome Itsmyshow and thanks for giving me your valuable time in what is a huge week for you, I’m sure you have been swamped with media commitments and book signings.
- I’m happy to be here Woosh, and very excited for my upcoming 300th game in the SFA.

You share your milestone week with Coney Island favourite son Dips who is playing in his 150th SFA game, with 300 games being such a massive milestone his achievement may seem to be pushed to the back a bit, but this is not the case is it.
- No not at all. It's obvious Dips is a fantastic team man, a loyal, funny and very valued member of the Warriors, and I'm sure our Cheer Squad will make him a beautiful banner and celebrate his milestone with all the respect he deserves.

You have a highly decorated career and certainly one to be proud of, your stats put you up in the very top few percent of the league.
What is your proudest achievement here, and who's nose do you love rubbing it into the most?

299 Games - 16th Overall
4,373 Disposals - 9th Overall
403 Goals - 7th Overall
624 Tackles - 11th Overall
x6 All-SFA Selections
137 Mobbenfuhrer Medal Votes - 1st Overall
x1 Premiership Player (S23)
x1 Fred Medal (S20 - 76 Goals)
x1 Deestroy Medal - (S23)
Hall of Fame Member - (S17)

- Winning a flag was great, as was winning the Fred Medal, but my proudest moments were being inducted into the Sweet FA Hall of Fame, it was truly the best feeling I’ve had within the competition, especially as my peers at the time were exceptionally kind with their feedback about my contribution to the Sweet FA.
The thing I like to gloat about the most, is holding the record for the most amount of Mobbs Medal votes in league history. I might not have won the damn thing, in fact, I think I’ve finished third three times, but I like the fact that I smashed the amount of votes that Ljp86 and boncer34 had several seasons quicker than both of them.

When did you join the SFA , what team did you start with and what bought you here?
- I joined the Sweet FA a looong time ago, I can’t even remember the season. I basically joined off the back of a shoot off comp that Mobbs created in the regional leagues. At that time, I became part of the inaugural Mod Squad side that came into the league as an expansion team.

What was the SFA like back then?
- It certainly wasn’t as active as it is now, my first two seasons I finished top three in the Mobbs Medal, but we would be lucky to post once or twice a week. I was lucky enough to be under the captaincy of a true great of the Sweet FA and BF in general in Fred (Vale)

Who was captain of the mod squad, and how many seasons did you stay with them. Did they fold or just rebrand?
- After those two seasons, the Mod Squad folded, the activity in the league he started to ramp up and I was really keen to be more involved, it was then that I followed Fred to the Roys, at that stage we were the only two non-Fitzroy supporters on the list. I think I won the B&F in my first season there and went on to captain the side and win multiple best & fairest with the club. I loved my time at the Roys and I was probably at the peak of my career at that stage.

What do you like about the league and what don't you like?
- I love the fact that you can have a bit of fun using an "alter ego", it's an opportunity to play a character and escape the daily issues that we all deal with in an environment that is fun. The only danger with that is when we get a flood of "new blood" type posters, they can tend to drag the game threads away from the "game" which is the reason we all turn up. Those threads that can involve humour and stay on topic have always been my favourites.

What is your fav team you have played with?
- I have enjoyed my time with every team that I have played for, all for different reasons. If people went back through my club "moves" it has always been to a club that has been considered as "posting byes" and demands for those clubs to fold. I did this on purpose to help build activity league wide, I don't want to see any club struggle to be active on a weekly basis. The trouble is, it always takes time to rid the perception of a "posting bye", but every club I have eventually moved on from were considered in the better half of activity by the time I moved on, I am very proud of that. Oh, wait, I didn't like the Hawks when boncer34 was there, and Mobbs is a flog who destroyed my time at the Roys.

What made you come to the Warriors and how do you find them posting wise? Your posting stats this season are around the 15 -20 mark each week, they are always on topic, valuable, and guaranteed to make someone bite.
- Frankston Rover plain and simple. He has a legacy in the competition and was struggling to find help across the board at the Warriors, especially after Woosh did the dirty and disappeared. I wanted to help the side rebuild, and despite my own posting numbers being nowhere near where they once might have been, I believe that my 10-15 posts per week that provided a bit of spark were vital. The Warriors are now flying, it was a slow start, but I am enjoying match threads now as much as I ever have. I love the team that the Warriors have put together, our match threads are on topic and a heap of fun.

What did you think of the 'Haro years?
- Haro actually started really well. His first year was a success, no matter the amount of crap heaped on him. He recruited some great talent like TheCoach16 and KohPhi and the side won a Premiership with solid weekly posting and mostly on topic.

The following season, things started to go awry, I don't know if the fact that some key veterans stopped providing guidance with my departure and beez being less involved, but that second season was as bad as watching peterss trying to claim he had the Gumbies under control back in the day before his wife stopped him from being captain anymore.

I hope the Bombers can recover, I really do.

Yes, I think many people agree that Haro could have been one of the League’s greats if he didn’t love flogging it up so much. I mean we all love a good flog but he seemed to be on a kamikaze mission which is a great shame.

Posting numbers have been a big talking point for many players the last couple of seasons, who feel the banter has moved away from the Qooty too much and more into inane chatting. What is your take on this?
- I tend to agree, but the league historically has gone in waves, although the last few seasons have been a runaway freight train of crap at times, this has come about due to the obsession with post count that has come to the fore in recent years, the obsession of some to have in excess of 100 posts in a match thread. In the past, 2-5 posts in a match thread was considered a “barely there” type poster, now it’s 15-20 that’s insane. Some of the contributors who post 15-20 times are the best posters in the competition, they are relevant, on topic and bloody funny. But that is lost in the flood of what borders on idiocy these days. But hey, the majority seems to like that these days, and each to their own really.

Where do you see the league in 5 years? Will it grow or will it die off, will the sim still be the same?
- It’ll keep growing, although I feel as though it may become a little more restricted in and focused, it may become a little harder to get in. That could be a good thing. The sim will continue to be tweaked, but it will largely stay the same, and why shouldn’t it, it’s the game we all love dearly.

Who are some of you favourite posters and least favourite and why?
- My all time favourites are beez boncer34 Mobbs Mr Eagle Karnezis_13 PVF Nakia The Filth Wizard ShaunDuggan Reardo Eth Papa Juggs and pantskyle. I love all of these for different reasons, but mostly, they are the best this competition has ever had to offer, their in game banter and ability to read the match thread tone is unrivalled. It has always been a pleasure to be involved in match threads with.
Least favourite, basically anyone who has come in all guns blazing only to be called out. These are the guys that either get blasted out of the place or destroy the club they are involved in. I’m not going to individualise because there has been no one that has stuck around long enough to matter.

Well as captain of the Warriors I am certainly glad you stuck around to become one of our best, and hope you are still with us when I interview you for your 400th.

- No stress mate, I appreciate you taking the time to interview me. Go Warriors!
And big congrats to Dips, we will win this together :thumbsu:

EXTENDED STATS

Win/Loss/Draw Record - 130 Wins, 4 Draws, 165 Losses
On 94 occasions Itsmyshow has racked up 20 or more disposals
3 Mobbenfuhrer Medal Votes in 28 Games
On 28 Occasions Itsmyshow has racked up 100 or more Dream Team Points
Itsmyshow is 1 of 4 players to kick 11 or more goals in a game - Season 20, Round 14 vs. Roys FFC.
Highest Disposals: 34 Disposals - Season 18, Round 17 - vs. Gumbies FFC
Highest Goals: 11 Goals - Season 20, Round 14 - vs. Roys FFC
Highest Dream Team Points: 130 - Season 11, Round 14 vs. West Coast Wonders

Limited Edition Coney Island Tawny Port

Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 9.15.34 AM.png

Limited Edition Itsmyshow 300 Game Print

dustin-unmatched-.jpg

Limited Edition Coney Island Warriors Commemorative Jumper

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 9.59.57 PM.png

#Itsmy300
#Dips150

Last edited:
Good luck on your 300th Itsmyshow, you're one of the best too.

single-on-valentines.gif

Congrats Itsmyshow - a master of on-topic, subtle aggression in my experience in the league. It’s been a pleasure this season big fella.

Congrats too Dips, it’s been an honour to wear the orange and charcoal with you. A smoother operator you’ll rarely see.

I love yous all :thumbsu:

• Admin
We have a great crew and I'm genuinely enjoying captaining these guys and gals again.
Enjoy the week Dips and IMS, and thanks for being such great and easy team mates to get along with :thumbsu: :hearts:

Oh my god! Itsmyshow knows my name! I think I just cried a bit.

Congratulations, big man. You’re a champion of the game, and the league. 300 is a big number, but you don’t just count your games, you make your games count.

Smash it on the weekend, Legend!

unnamed (44).gif

Honoured to be regarded as highly as some of the company there. You well and truly belong in this place Itsmyshow and I have enjoyed going toe to toe with you on the field and in the showers.

I promise you that when you come out for game 400 I will finally pen a BettsMagic sequel.

Flog. Hope you get donuts this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shucks, I'm a little embarrassed that I've been included in the #itsmy300 celebration. Fantastic fella, great poster. Hopefully another 300 to come

Such an honour to have share the occasion with you Itsmyshow. I'll make sure I do everything I can to sink winners piss with you :thumbsu:

Shucks, I'm a little embarrassed that I've been included in the #itsmy300 celebration. Fantastic fella, great poster. Hopefully another 300 to come

Such an honour to have share the occasion with you Itsmyshow. I'll make sure I do everything I can to sink winners piss with you :thumbsu:
All class
#Dips150

unnamed (45).gif

A massive thank you to everyone for the well wishes.

On a serious note, I really do love this place. I’ve been through some seriously dark times in my life over patches and the one constant has been this place, the ability to play an alter ego and not take this place seriously has been a god send to me at times.

Also, I just want to make sure that we don’t overlook the great achievement of Dips /Mr Smooth on game 150, he has been exceptionally gracious and brilliant about me stealing the lime light that he also deserves. Congrats mate.

Love you all and #GoWarriors

#Itsmy300
#Dips150
#nomoreserious
#backincharacter

A massive thank you to everyone for the well wishes.

On a serious note, I really do love this place. I’ve been through some seriously dark times in my life over patches and the one constant has been this place, the ability to play an alter ego and not take this place seriously has been a god send to me at times.

Also, I just want to make sure that we don’t overlook the great achievement of Dips /Mr Smooth on game 150, he has been exceptionally gracious and brilliant about me stealing the lime light that he also deserves. Congrats mate.

Love you all and #GoWarriors

#Itsmy300
#Dips150
#nomoreserious
#backincharacter
A big congrats and well said.

Congrats also Dips

Oh, and a massive thanks to Wooshette on a magnificent piece, it couldn’t be any better, particularly because it was 90% about me.

#backincharacter

Oh, and a massive thanks to Wooshette on a magnificent piece, it couldn’t be any better, particularly because it was 90% about me.

#backincharacter
Enjoying the week very much and loved doing your celebration stuff :thumbsu: I saved a few bottles of good stuff for the after party.
#Itsmy300
#Dips150

Remove this Banner Ad

Back