Food, Drink & Dining Out Work fridge etiquette

Remove this Banner Ad

All work kitchens/lunch areas should have communal milk and butter/margarine in the fridge and sugar, coffee, tea and Milo on the bench or in the cupboard or wherever you keep those things.

If I had things I wanted to store in a work fridge away from larcenous eyes I'd keep them in a lunch box.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She's been warned, dont worry. I've also warned her about buying the mini chupa chups as well. Just buy the full size ones FFS!

WTF is a mini chupa chup!?!

Label it /put it in a container (lunchbox) if you don't want others to use it ;)
I'm sure your colleagues thought it was communal
At my work - everything has to be labeled /dated /timed or else it's either
-considered communal (if it's something generic like jam/cheese etc)
-chucked out (if clearly left overs which have been there for a few days )

Why don't you just butter up your sandwhich and then chuck it in the fridge.

I can't blame people for thinking a tub of margarine is a communal tub.

I wouldn't use it personally, but if a guy was like, no one can use my tub of margarine, I'd think he's a tightarsboe.

Same with milk. If there is a 2 litre bottle people will splash a bit in their tea/coffee. Everyone just assumes it's communal.

My PA gets me lunch every day so I avoid peasant confrontations like this. I do remember from my younger days in the workforce when a certain rotund women would claim leftovers from morning teas, lunches etc and take home. She also use to ask for a doggy bag for leftovers when eating out on the company's dollar :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back