Golf World Golf thread - Foreign and Domestic

Remove this Banner Ad

DJ and Bubba rather surprising names to hear. Brooks was always linked to a move back early on but everything he has done since then suggests otherwise.

Definitely a need to recruit some younger PGAT talent. Until then, a large part of their roster will be taken up by the Westwoods, Poulters, McDowells, CHIII and no name players qualifying from the Asian Tour. And Anthony Kim.

They might attract some more players now after LIV announced the final to be played at the... Bolingbrook Golf Club? I see you can get on for $50.

Took a look at that course after The Shotgun Start bagged it. Looks genuinely ordinary.

Although this week TPC Craig Ranch is no golfing paradise.

Beautiful looking course at Santosa Singapore. Needs to go on the bucket list to play.

Brookes off to a good start.
I've been fortunate enough to have played it a few times. Great course particularly when you get the earliest tee times and the sun is rising over the harbour.

There isn't enough Pocari Sweats in Asia to keep you hydrated around there though.

I've been fortunate enough to have played it a few times. Great course particularly when you get the earliest tee times and the sun is rising over the harbour.

There isn't enough Pocari Sweats in Asia to keep you hydrated around there though.

Not played in singapore yet, played heaps in johor across the bridge and yep the humidity is simply a killer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Gerard.

Pity the big Aussie summer tournaments struggle for such crowds.
LIV next year will be in February. Aus golf needs to structure their schedule around that - offer ranking points and some of the LIV guys will come early and play the Aus Open etc.

LIV last week was probably the best ever field for a golf tournament in Australia.

LIV last week was probably the best ever field for a golf tournament in Australia.

Steady on.

I just picked a random Aus Open field - 1978.

Nicklaus, Crenshaw, Graham, Ballesteros, Kite, Norman, Newton, Faldo.

Plenty of years when Watson, Player, Floyd came to Australia. An average Aus Open field from the 70s to the early 80s is miles ahead of a LIV field of a half dozen elite golfers and a bunch random journeymen.

Steady on.

I just picked a random Aus Open field - 1978.

Nicklaus, Crenshaw, Graham, Ballesteros, Kite, Norman, Newton, Faldo.

Plenty of years when Watson, Player, Floyd came to Australia. An average Aus Open field from the 70s to the early 80s is miles ahead of a LIV field of a half dozen elite golfers and a bunch random journeymen.
In 1978 Norman was the reigning Traralgon Loy Lang Classic champion - please.

Nicklaus is the only major winner at the time in that tournament - all the rest you listed are at the very beginning of their careers.

Nicklaus is the only major winner at the time in that tournament - all the rest you listed are at the very beginning of their careers.

Seve won the Open months later.

Then pick 82 when Watson won, or any of the years Player won. If you think Brookes, Bryson and Smith are better the players who routinely came to Australia you need a history lesson.

Seve won the Open months later.

Then pick 82 when Watson won, or any of the years Player won. If you think Brookes, Bryson and Smith are better the players who routinely came to Australia you need a history lesson.
13 major winners in last weeks field with 26 majors between them.

I doubt another Australian tournament has had 13 individual major winners in it.

Granted any Australian tournament with Nicklaus (or Tiger) in it would have given 26 majors a fright.

13 major winners in last weeks field with 26 majors between them.

I doubt another Australian tournament has had 13 individual major winners in it.

Granted any Australian tournament with Nicklaus (or Tiger) in it would have given 26 majors a fright.

You really need a history lesson. Palmer Player, Nicklaus Thomson, etc etc. all played Aussie Opens together through around 65-75.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lucas Herbert pocketing over $2.5m usd this year already with his best individual performance being a T14. Good gig if you can get it :oops:
Good money and I am guessing that makes up for the likely end of him playing in majors(unless he goes to qualifying)?

Nasty finish in the Byron Nelson - never like seeing a bloke miss a 5 footer to lose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back