Golf World Golf thread - Foreign and Domestic

Remove this Banner Ad

This event is like International Rules Football. When Australia win, its cause we're professional and full time and ireland are part timers. But when ireland win the part time thing is forgotten.

Here, theres talk about camaraderie and mateship propelling the euros. However last time that belonged to the usa.

American team plays to win at home...on the road it's vacation time and it shows.

Congrats to the European team. Simply dominating victory and played not only harder but smarter.

Well deserved.

(Now off to see if Alex can pull off the double win this weekend)

American team plays to win at home...on the road it's vacation time and it shows.

They looked like the wanted to win to me. It's an easy thing to say they don't care away from home but I'll bet they do with a team that strong.

I never understand why they choose Mickelson though. Romance is one thing, but get real Furyk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They looked like the wanted to win to me. It's an easy thing to say they don't care away from home but I'll bet they do with a team that strong.

I never understand why they choose Mickelson though. Romance is one thing, but get real Furyk.

Read the perks they get on the road..I remain convinced it's party time

Got to be one of the boys ;)

Read the perks they get on the road..I remain convinced it's party time

Got to be one of the boys ;)

It's always nice to say that your team doesn't care when they lose but professional sportsmen always want to win. They would never have got to those heights without being obsessively competitive. And they are playing for their country.

Actually revisiting "fluking a masters" perhaps I'm paying it too much respect.

Willet and Garcia have done little since. Perhaps it is turning into a bit of a dodgy form guide.

A tournament of "whoever chokes the least" as players get so overwhelmed by the occasion.

Europe deserves to win no doubt. Perhaps the Americans can finally look at the way they select their team. I know Xander Schauffele is better than at least a couple of those that were selected.

It's always nice to say that your team doesn't care when they lose but professional sportsmen always want to win. They would never have got to those heights without being obsessively competitive. And they are playing for their country.

I am not saying they threw matches. I am saying they did not come together as a team and put the best possible pairings together to give themselves a chance to win.

Instead they dictated playing with pals and the "uncool" guys got left in mismatched pairings

It's the difference between winning and losing at that level.

It would be one of the best parties to be a part of. How do you get to be a hanger on?

I am right there with ya mate. The talent they bring to those parties is prime, no doubt. ;)

Hi Golfers,

For anyone keen on the PGA tour and watches it most weeks:

if your interested in a tipping comp that begins this week have a look at

www.golftipcomp.com.au

Its a really cool format - one off payment and some big time prizes to be won

If you have any questions please feel free to post here on PM me directly.

I don't run it but have been a participant for the past 3 years (despite finishing 120th out of a 140 field last year it really is a bit of fun)

Cheers
Tox

So all the dirt is rolling out....Reed/Spieth (correction)...Johnson/Koepka....grow up boys.

The revamp that needs to take place is the "good ol' boy" captain's picks and pairings needs to stop.

You pick horses for courses when it comes to the captain's picks....and you use analytics (wholly crap did I JUST SAY THAT??!!! :eek:) and common freaking sense in pairings.

You can hang with your pals ALLLLL you want off the course, on the course for 7-8 hours its business and you play with the guy that gives BOTH of you the best chance to win....I don't give a crap if they say a damn word to each other for 18 holes.

Last edited:
So all the dirt is rolling out....Reed/Smith...Johnson/Koepka....grow up boys.

The revamp that needs to take place is the "good ol' boy" captain's picks and pairings needs to stop.

You pick horses for courses when it comes to the captain's picks....and you use analytics (wholly crap did I JUST SAY THAT??!!! :eek:) and common freaking sense in pairings.

You can hang with your pals ALLLLL you want off the course, on the course for 7-8 hours its business and you play with the guy that give BOTH of you the bet chance to win....I don't give a crap if they say a damn word to each other for 18 holes.

Did they not use analytics? Madness. Furyk must have been a pushover for some of the heavyweights.

So all the dirt is rolling out....Reed/Smith...Johnson/Koepka....grow up boys.

You can hang with your pals ALLLLL you want off the course, on the course for 7-8 hours its business and you play with the guy that give BOTH of you the bet chance to win....I don't give a crap if they say a damn word to each other for 18 holes.

Got a link to any of the stories?
We get bugger all pga news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back