Worst afl player you've seen (and why)

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of 'tap ruckmen' would fill this criteria, recruited for their height but have no other skills. Mark Blake played 99 AFL games and even played in a winning premiership side!

Paul Chambers was pretty bad. Only averaged about 10 hitouts per game and was near on useless around the ground. No wonder he was labelled "The Donut King".

John butcher is terrible. Still on ports list but can't get a game which is telling

that's a simple way of thinking- he can't get a game this season so he's one of the worst players you've ever seen?

Raph Clarke had some quality AFL games but I've never seen a player with more of a lack of awareness. So frustrating, especially given you could see there was talent there.

He is the squibiest squib that has ever squibed. First Levi squibwood and now him. Collingwood are on a roll.
Couldn't agree more.
Apparently he was knocked out with a bag of marshmallows in year 11

David Bourke. Only got a game because of who his father was. Spud.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that's a simple way of thinking- he can't get a game this season so he's one of the worst players you've ever seen?

I laugh at John Butcher but unfortunatley the Adealide Crows had a player who made Butcher look like the incredable Hulk, none other than Darren Smith deadset the softest Kent to every put on a pair of footy boots!

To be fair to Cale there have been have probably been worse players to play fifty i.e. players who struggle to connect boot with ball on a regular basis like Zac Dawson but I couldn't think of anyone as generally useless and uninspiring who played a decent amount of senior football as him.

I think what makes Morton "worse" in a sense is that he was a top 5 draft pick and genuine star junior, who got every opportunity and wasn't cruelled by injury, and still turned out to be Aaron Fiora lite.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back