Worst afl player you've seen (and why)

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Cale Morton.

EDIT:
These are his "highlights" I ***t you not.

76 games is a lot for that fairy. His first season was actually pretty good, but never developed anything beyond being an outside accumulator with average skills and pace. Still, not even close to the worst player I've seen at Melbourne since 2007 :$

Should have a games threshold for this thread, say worst player to play at least 50 games?

Scary_Foot_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2013
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham, Cubs, Leafs, Ravens
76 games is a lot for that fairy. His first season was actually pretty good, but never developed anything beyond being an outside accumulator with average skills and pace. Still, not even close to the worst player I've seen at Melbourne since 2007 :$

Should have a games threshold for this thread, say worst player to play at least 50 games?

To be fair to Cale there have been have probably been worse players to play fifty i.e. players who struggle to connect boot with ball on a regular basis like Zac Dawson but I couldn't think of anyone as generally useless and uninspiring who played a decent amount of senior football as him.

Bokonon

Cancelled
May 3, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Israel Folou or whatever his name is, is hands down the worst player by far I seen play in a game at league level.
He really had no idea what he was doing. Beyond a joke how bad he was.
Good for him he went back to a sport he actually can play at an elite level.
Yeah, have to agree, but he was never recruited for his AFL talent. Even if you listened carefully to Sheedy talking him up at the time he was careful what he said. He took the big bucks in return for a misbegotten plan to get the club publicity among Neanderthal league fans. He wanted out early, which shows integrity, club made him fulfil his contract. Everyone's better off with him at fullback for the Wallabies.He never got the 360 degree awareness thing.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
Yeah, have to agree, but he was never recruited for his AFL talent.
Yeah, fully aware how he got onto a list. The hows or why do not matter for the thread title. He is the worst I seen there is no one that could rival him for how bad he looked out there. Hope the money was worth it because gee, he looked like a fool on a football ground.

Bokonon

Cancelled
May 3, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Yeah, fully aware how he got onto a list. The hows or why do not matter for the thread title. He is the worst I seen there is no one that could rival him for how bad he looked out there. Hope the money was worth it because gee, he looked like a fool on a football ground.
I'm not disagreeing, maybe trying to defend our club a little in what was the worst decision in our short history, inasmuch as it was ours. Money was actually the AFL's so everyone entitled to be pissed.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
I'm not disagreeing, maybe trying to defend our club a little in what was the worst decision in our short history, inasmuch as it was ours. Money was actually the AFL's so everyone entitled to be pissed.

Oh, I do not blame GWS. They were starting out from scratch and just some weird idea tried by the AFL with them. GWS moved beyond that fairly quickly once a club culture was properly set up. I think GWS have started up their club better than most of the expansion clubs.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Cale Morton.

EDIT:
These are his actual "highlights" put out by his club I ***t you not.

Meh he averages 22 disposals a game at melbourne in his second season and 7 marks and looked class as a tall wingman
Turned out to be a spud but he put together a better season that Jimmy toumpas ever has or ever will
He is the worst I've seen lately

A lot of 'tap ruckmen' would fill this criteria, recruited for their height but have no other skills. Mark Blake played 99 AFL games and even played in a winning premiership side!

Back