Worst player to put on a Crows jumper?

Remove this Banner Ad

Statistically, it has to be Dean Howard (1999). 2 games for a total of 5 possessions and 10 Dream Team points! :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trent Ormond-Allen. How he ever got on a list I will never know. Besides his speccies he had nothing else. I remember as a kid watching him in Ports under 17 and 19's play with my brother. Everyone there got excited when he took one of his hangers but thats all he ever did.

For mine its MacKay. So many mentions of players who had one or 2 games and then vanished without a trace, but this never really harmed the club. MacKay has managed to stay in the team despite below average performances and never reaching his "peak" output of his 2nd season ever again. During this time he has held a list space that could have been used better. Has held cap space that could have been spent better. And took AFL game time away from developing kids. Seems like for the last 5 or so years I have had MacKay out of my best 22 yet he weasels back in as some player leaves or a player cops a season ending injury.

Judging by previous posts on this board I think most of you guys would say Daniel Schell, so excluding him, who do you think has been the worst player ever to wear the Crows tri-colours?

There are plenty of contenders I feel - Chris Groom, Josh Mail, Tom Gilligan, Adam Saliba (remember him?).

Sorry if a thread like this has been done previously. I only discovered big footy last week (and loving it :D ).
David Mackay worst player to play 200

Some of those old guys from 91.. I mean how did Allan Bartlett, Trevor Clisby, Clayton Lamb etc make the first Crows squad? surely there were younger guys in the early 20s better than them?

Not enough mentions of David Gallagher in this thread. He was a shocker. Could find the ball a bit but the disposal was horrid. Constantly looked panicked.
I think he would have gone close to holding the record for getting caught holding the ball the most times too.

My mates and I have been doing our worst 18 almost every year. The one constant is the skipper of the worst 18, Allen Bartlett. By far our worst ever player.

BY FAR.
Recall him costing us a game against North in 1992 when Cornes put him onto Wayne Carey for some inexplicable reason.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back