Politics Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19): The politics thread

Remove this Banner Ad

fortunately, half of those 60,000 deaths were cured of Cancer, and Heart Disease before they passed from Covid
YTD 2020 deaths are below the year 2000 - look at your deaths per population
This has been done to death - the data is in - you are duped

Do you even know what "excess" death means? you struggle with simple terms.

We hit a 70 year high, Lesley himself attempted to disprove and got stuck.

Flu season happens in winter, it's end of spring already and beginning of summer here and it's still going strong.

Have another go at it.

Exercise and nutrition aren’t stopped by the social iso measures put in place in Australia. In fact have seen lots go for “exercise “ as the only way to get out of house. My son finally learned to ride a bike while in lockdown
Total mindlessness was the one advising nutrition and exercise made no difference
Nobody at any time stated it was not permitted or occurring. However, it wasn't exactly promoted either, and if suddenly we care for every life, which is the covid creed, wasn't this the perfect time to encourage nutrition and exercise for both the immediate and long term benefit.

Flu season happens in winter, it's end of spring already and beginning of summer here and it's still going strong.

Have another go at it.
A 70 year high? Well - at least you are acknowledging some connection to reality. Your just 50 years out.

Total mindlessness was the one advising nutrition and exercise made no difference

You are either a moron or a liar or maybe both. I said nothing of that kind. I said you can be indoors and still have your veggies. It got nothing to do with immunity. I have been locked out for 3 months, i haven't put any weight on, nor i have been unfit.

A 70 year high? Well - at least you are acknowledging some connection to reality. Your just 50 years out.

Let me help you, and i know you cant do basic maths, so keep an eye on the 5 year moving average to see how morality has fallen since 1970, by 50%. I know junior school math, tough, but you can do it.

There is basically no point talking to you anymore, as i said, you are an idiot.

Of course. Most folks are not intellectually cognizant of how this all works.

The scientists throw up the best available data, and then the paper shufflers deal with packaging & presenting it.

I actually support the initial actions taken in this country in light of the available evidence at that time.
Of course, you do. Taking unprecedented measures demands proven unprecedented proof. What we got was a hysterical entirely un-scientific over-reaction.
Those cruise ships - they were the perfect petri-dish - told you all you needed to know. Cruise ships are largely filled by the elderly. Those numbers told you the upper limits of C-19 infection.

The Ruby Princess had 2647 passengers and 1148 crew. The ship reported to NSW Health there were 104 acute respiratory infections of which 36 people had presented to the ship’s clinic with influenza like illness during the cruise

36 divided 3795 is 0.9% infection rate from a sample of disproportionally vulnerable who were trapped in a perfect environment for the spreading of the infection.
This data was perfectly available for all to study and extrapolate.

The horror pictures of overwhelmed hospitals from Italy, Spain, US were overwhelmingly elderly with comorbidities. And everyone knew that.
Let me help you, and i know you cant do basic maths, so keep an eye on the 5 year moving average to see how morality has fallen since 1970, by 50%. I know junior school math, tough, but you can do it.

There is basically no point talking to you anymore, as i said, you are an idiot.
Yes over 5 years - nice I have repeatedly acknowledge that
Over 20 years however the graph looks very different but it will not penetrate your head because it would require you to accept you have been duped

Nobody at any time stated it was not permitted or occurring. However, it wasn't exactly promoted either, and if suddenly we care for every life, which is the covid creed, wasn't this the perfect time to encourage nutrition and exercise for both the immediate and long term benefit.
You were the one stating social distancing certainly impairs immunity.

I would not have commented if you had not been so definitive.

yep, blindly trust grave diggers now

no one thinks there is not a virus killing people, but these images were projected so people like you would think the mass graves were dug specifically for corona victims, they are dug every year mate - and you bought it, the hook line and sinker, it appears you buy it every time

it's a prime example of fake news
I'm sorry, but this is quite possibly the funniest sentence in here. I'm thinking of getting it put on a T shirt. Did you ever think, when you woke up and wrote that, how absurd that sentence actually is?

:tearsofjoy:

So let me get this right ....

Cuomo sent sick old people with corona virus to live with other old people in aged care facilities and killed thousands

By the same token he let more than 1100 prisoners out of jail due to the fear of them getting the virus, including 3 child rapists and another released that went on to rape someone and was rearrested.

is this Liberal progressiveness

So let me get this right ....

Cuomo sent sick old people with corona virus to live with other old people in aged care facilities and killed thousands

By the same token he let more than 1100 prisoners out of jail due to the fear of them getting the virus, including 3 child rapists and another released that went on to rape someone and was rearrested.

is this Liberal progressiveness
Yes it does defy logic; I don’t know if there was some overly generous interpretation of “cruel and unusual punishment “ ie being locked inside to catch covid - or fear of lawyers using this (you know how extreme the yanks are about freedoms)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A purpose is unnecessary when the pandemic of hysteria is sufficient to explain a sequence of disastrous decisions made with all the best intentions resulting in a surge of deaths in nursing homes. Our reflex inclination to trust authorities during a crisis and ignore asking questions is a deadly sentiment. The chorus calling for unity, the emotional intolerance of any dissent blinds us.

Collectively we genuflected before the assembled media darling experts: willfully and aggressively ignoring our commonsense doubts and disconnected from sanity. Rather than trying to resolve the numerous logical inconsistencies, we embraced the lockdown and bathed in platitudes of solidarity. We locked ourselves in our dungeons. Covid became the lions in the arena and we the sniveling Christians to be sent to slaughter.

How do we classify the survivors, desperately clutching to their rationalizations, trapped in the covid nightmare? - They are the undead.

A purpose is unnecessary when the pandemic of hysteria is sufficient to explain a sequence of disastrous decisions made with all the best intentions resulting in a surge of deaths in nursing homes. Our reflex inclination to trust authorities during a crisis and ignore asking questions is a deadly sentiment. The chorus calling for unity, the emotional intolerance of any dissent blinds us.

Collectively we genuflected before the assembled media darling experts: willfully and aggressively ignoring our commonsense doubts and disconnected from sanity. Rather than trying to resolve the numerous logical inconsistencies, we embraced the lockdown and bathed in platitudes of solidarity. We locked ourselves in our dungeons. Covid became the lions in the arena and we the sniveling Christians to be sent to slaughter.

How do we classify the survivors, desperately clutching to their rationalizations, trapped in the covid nightmare? - They are the undead.
Procrastinator must be wondering how he got banned from this forum when your convuluted word sandwiches just keep kicking on.

I doesn't surprise me that you're stuck with one.

On the other hand it doesn't surprise me, that if governments are allegedly acting on "the best science available", how even in our small country not even weekly National Cabinet meetings could get them all anywhere near being on the same page.

Any crisis is in political terms a posturing opportunity. Not an analysis of the best scientific opinion available.

Have another go at it.

It literally says in that article thousands of excess deaths in care homes are still happening. Hardly great evidence if they just shift the numbers out of the hospitals.

UK is not counting care home deaths. This is the scary thing, you check the ONS numbers, UK has surpassed 60,000 already.

UK is not counting care home deaths. This is the scary thing, you check the ONS numbers, UK has surpassed 60,000 already.

???

As of 5pm on 25 May, of those tested positive for coronavirus in the UK, 37,048 have died. This new figure includes deaths in all settings, not just in hospitals. The equivalent figure under the old measure would have been 29,965.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back