Yoga - with Dusty (DVD)

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
These 2 things dont seem to gell to well upon first glance, but after a hearing comments throughout the year that N.S. Medalist(Premiership Player, Brownlow Medalist, AA Centreman, ect ect ect) Mr Martin had taken up yoga to help his strength and conditioning surely there is a market for this.

I personally have a lot of back and leg pain, I should stretch more than I should but following the season Dustin has had Im gonna get right into Yoga, core strength and all that.

I dont know about you guys but usually I've associated Yoga with the fairer sex, Dusty could smash this wall down. What up an coming player wouldn't look up to his fitness regime, with or sans chopsticks, as a way to improve yourself and get an edge.

Fox Footy or C7 should bite the bullet and give him his own, Bert Newton style morning show and get lads to get fit, DustinStyle.

These 2 things dont seem to gell to well upon first glance, but after a hearing comments throughout the year that N.S. Medalist(Premiership Player, Brownlow Medalist, AA Centreman, ect ect ect) Mr Martin had taken up yoga to help his strength and conditioning surely there is a market for this.

I personally have a lot of back and leg pain, I should stretch more than I should but following the season Dustin has had Im gonna get right into Yoga, core strength and all that.

I dont know about you guys but usually I've associated Yoga with the fairer sex, Dusty could smash this wall down. What up an coming player wouldn't look up to his fitness regime, with or sans chopsticks, as a way to improve yourself and get an edge.

Fox Footy or C7 should bite the bullet and give him his own, Bert Newton style morning show and get lads to get fit, DustinStyle.
Do Iyengar yoga, more pain than footy training.

I too am inspired by Dusty.

Always have had issues of not being taken all that seriously at home and recently whenever I have passed a family member in the house I have given them a big don't argue.

Hit me a little in the hip pocket replacing a few bits of furniture and fixing plaster walls but it has moved me above the dog in the family pecking order. :thumbsu:

I too am inspired by Dusty.

Always have had issues of not being taken all that seriously at home and recently whenever I have passed a family member in the house I have given them a big don't argue.

Hit me a little in the hip pocket replacing a few bits of furniture and fixing plaster walls but it has moved me above the dog in the family pecking order. :thumbsu:
Perhaps karate would be more appropriate than yoga. And the dog needs to be told who is the boss.....

Massive market for male Yoga IMO.

Most men aren't going to do yoga, even if they haves aches and pains, because it's seen as too girly for the common man.

If an alpha male they trust sells a course though, then they'll listen and get into it.

Just have a DVD series with Dusty + a hot girl doing a yoga course. Target men aged 40+ who want to have good core strength.

Iv'e had to do some yoga for core strength training, and it's great stuff, but I'd much rather watch Adriene bending over than Dusty...

Two times world champ Tom Carroll wouldn't still be charging big waves at 50 something if it wasn't for his fitness regime, a big part of it being yoga.

Massive market for male Yoga IMO.

Most men aren't going to do yoga, even if they haves aches and pains, because it's seen as too girly for the common man.

If an alpha male they trust sells a course though, then they'll listen and get into it.

Just have a DVD series with Dusty + a hot girl doing a yoga course. Target men aged 40+ who want to have good core strength.
Anyone who thinks that yoga is girly needs to do Iyengar yoga. Very strenuous, no meditation etc other than how long do I have to hold this pose.
Strongly endorse.

Can highly recommend. I don't do yoga enough, but can attest to its importance/effectiveness for flexibility and associated pains - a massage is temporary relief, yoga is preventative and long-term relief.

Go to countries where yoga is part of the culture and it is by no means considered a more 'female' thing, just a stupid Western fallacy. If you want to be fit, healthy, and avoid injuries, I think it's an essential.

If you re-watch the grand final, you can see Dusty doing yoga poses on the ground for his back before the start of one of the quarters, i think in the warmup...

My Aussie man mates laugh at me for doing it but I don't care, I just say try it before you bag it.
Try Bikram, that's a ball tearer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back