Youngest list

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there somewhere that has the average age of sides? Cause we could all say without Buckley or Richo we would be etc

Minus Burns and Buckley, Collingwood are the youngest by far.

BTW, Bucks has yet to play in 2007.
stupid comment

if every club was allowed to take off their two oldest players - Collingwood would be about 6th youngest at a quick glance....

Minus Burns and Buckley, Collingwood are the youngest by far.

BTW, Bucks has yet to play in 2007.

Take out Crawford and Vanders and our list is even younger again ;)

I found this in a search for list ages -

AFL Squads Average Age (at 30 March 2007)

Hawthorn – 22 years, 82 days
Carlton – 22 years, 110 days
Port Adelaide – 22 years, 132 days
Brisbane – 22 years, 173 days
West Coast – 22 years, 180 days

Is there somewhere that has the average age of sides? Cause we could all say without Buckley or Richo we would be etc

Yes exactly...we could argue about it all day, but there is a list with the average age of all the clubs (somewhere).

All I can remember is that some of the older sides include Adelaide, Fremantle and suprisingly the Bulldogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take out Crawford and Vanders and our list is even younger again ;)

I found this in a search for list ages -

AFL Squads Average Age (at 30 March 2007)

Hawthorn – 22 years, 82 days
Carlton – 22 years, 110 days
Port Adelaide – 22 years, 132 days
Brisbane – 22 years, 173 days
West Coast – 22 years, 180 days

Would you happen to have the avaerage ages of all the other clubs?

I bet that most years the premiership team is one of the oldest. The Eagles have been the recent exception.

Having a young team is normally the result of having a crap team for lengthy period of time.

The object of most clubs would be to build an experienced list.

I am more interested at seeing which team is playing the Youngest side (i.e. players that are actually in the games not just on the list).

Has anyone got a database that could do the stats?
TIA
Molly

One of the papers in their season preview (might have been the age) ranked each team as say 4th youngest in each teams preview.But that is the only thing that i have seen re average ages

I am more interested at seeing which team is playing the Youngest side (i.e. players that are actually in the games not just on the list).

Has anyone got a database that could do the stats?
TIA
Molly

Good point,it's one thing to have a young list,but whats running around in the seniors would be even better to know

I bet that most years the premiership team is one of the oldest. The Eagles have been the recent exception.

Having a young team is normally the result of having a crap team for lengthy period of time.

The object of most clubs would be to build an experienced list.

Look the Doggies, for years they were one of the youngest teams, but most young players aren't match winners. It took them years before guys like Gilbey/McMann etc had the experience needed to help the side win matches. Most of those guys are over 25 now.

I think a more accurate and more interesting method would be to calculate the ages of the teams with the data coming exclusively from players that have played this year.

For example, Michael Voss is still on Brisbane's list because of contractual reasons. Yet he's a Channel Ten commentator....so why include his age in the Lion's avarage?

I don't have time....anyone else??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back