Youngsters we should target in next years National Draft?

Remove this Banner Ad

Crowked said:
Underage footy performance can be misleading. I hope not in this case though.

Will be playing Glenelg league/reserves, played with him at state U16's training but didn't get selected for squad :( Bloody hell he was ********ing scary! Only problem is with an ego the size of his if he continues with the ego playing against grown men he will be on everyone on the AFL's hit list!

jo172 said:
-Wherever he ********ing well wants to!

-Somewhere between Voss, Judd and Buckley.

I'm all for it then. ;)

But I mean in terms of playing style, not ability.

Or does Bryce actually play the game like Judd? :eek:

Bockchoy67 said:
I'm all for it then. ;)

But I mean in terms of playing style, not ability.

Or does Bryce actually play the game like Judd? :eek:

Not when he's playing in his own age group, than he's more of a KPP but when he played reserves when he was running with the ball it looked like Judd and around packs he looked like he was just going to run into them and come out with the ball in a Voss and Buckley sense. But as i said before he's a cocky sob and will need to get his ego under control before he plays senior football.

jo172 said:
Not when he's playing in his own age group, than he's more of a KPP but when he played reserves when he was running with the ball it looked like Judd and around packs he looked like he was just going to run into them and come out with the ball in a Voss and Buckley sense. But as i said before he's a cocky sob and will need to get his ego under control before he plays senior football.
Hi father played with the same confidence so don't expect that to be any different in his son - After all it's what will probably make him a good player.

My concern is if he is 186cm then he'll need a super trait to elevate himself to above a godd ordinary player at AFL level - be it speed, agression or high marking.

Is there a trait in his game that could be a standout at AFL level?

Wayne's-World said:
Hi father played with the same confidence so don't expect that to be any different in his son - After all it's what will probably make him a good player.
My concern is if he is 186cm then he'll need a super trait to elevate himself to above a godd ordinary player at AFL level - be it speed, agression or high marking.

Is there a trait in his game that could be a standout at AFL level?

I wouldn't call the way he plays confidence, it's sort of Mathew Lloyd crossed with Basset crossed with Buckley in the emotion category.

Your question is an interesting at State U16's he would of been in the top 5 for all the tests such as speed, agility, strength, jump without ever being the standout. The real thing that makes him such a good player is his ball use and the fact he just always seems to have the ball in his hands.

He will probably grow another 5-10 cm's and put on a hell of a lot of muscle!

jo172 said:
Your question is an interesting at State U16's he would of been in the top 5 for all the tests such as speed, agility, strength, jump without ever being the standout. The real thing that makes him such a good player is his ball use and the fact he just always seems to have the ball in his hands.

He will probably grow another 5-10 cm's and put on a hell of a lot of muscle!
Or he may stop growing and be just another 186cm player who has dominated junior footy.

By the sounds of it he will need to grow that 5cm at least to give himself a chance at AFL.

Having seen his father, for all his magnificent skills and extra ordinary confidence, he was just a back pocket player for Glenelg and by no means a star.

Folks I urge you do not get carried away at this stage !!!

Wayne's-World said:
:confused: at what exactly does that brew give us?

Ummm a cry baby to the umpires, a complete ********er to the oppisistion and a selfish ball hog to his teammates on the field.

Good guy off the field though

Wayne's-World said:
Or he may stop growing and be just another 186cm player who has dominated junior footy.

By the sounds of it he will need to grow that 5cm at least to give himself a chance at AFL.

Having seen his father, for all his magnificent skills and extra ordinary confidence, he was just a back pocket player for Glenelg and by no means a star.

Folks I urge you do not get carried away at this stage !!!
I seriously doubt that he will stop growing at the age of 15 or 16. Even if he does whats wrong with a 186 cm midfielder?????? There are some very good tallish midfielders running around in the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stiffy_18 said:
I seriously doubt that he will stop growing at the age of 15 or 16. Even if he does whats wrong with a 186 cm midfielder?????? There are some very good tallish midfielders running around in the comp.

Nothing.

Brett Deledio
DOB: 18 April 1987 Hgt: 188cm Wgt: 81kg

&

Ryan Griffen
DOB: 27 July 1986 Hgt: 187cm Wgt: 85kg

Stiffy_18 said:

how tall was his dad??

he sounds to me like a super domient player a junior level which means you dont really have a position and you play a free role all over the ground. ive played in teams with guys like that. he is only 16 so he will probly find a position over the next few yrs.

Stiffy_18 said:
I agree 186cm is not tall for a midfielder, but my question remains what will be his main attribute that will see him from being a star Junior to a star AFL player??

theorangeapple said:
how tall was his dad??

he sounds to me like a super domient player a junior level which means you dont really have a position and you play a free role all over the ground. ive played in teams with guys like that. he is only 16 so he will probly find a position over the next few yrs.
Hi dad was about 184 - 186cm - arrogant and super confident as all hell.
Great high mark, and very attacking player - poor defensively.

I've seen many a great junior fail at the next level because of the lack of an outstanding work ethic and trait (speed, agression, ...)

Stiffy_18 said:
I want us to get midfielders with PACE. We are too slow as a squad overall and I want us to recruit genuinely quick, quality footballers. Travis Vercoe fits the bill :)

Trav started on the wing from the second quarter today and did a reasonable job. Got a few nice touches, provided some run and laid a few tackles. Needs to keep an closer eye on his opponent, but that will come with time. Hopefully he'll be in the Round one side.

yes i agree with wayne on this one, u/16 is a dicey age, anything can happen. I have never seen him, but by the sounds of it hes big and aggressive for his age, which has to be taken into account, as he wont be able to do this in the AFL. I'd be happer if he was 180cm and appears to be a natural footballer.

I'm not sure about anyone here, but i grew mainly between 14-16 i think, so he might have done a lot of his growing already. I doubt he'll get 10cm, maybe 5

Wayne's-World said:
Hi dad was about 184 - 186cm - arrogant and super confident as all hell.
Great high mark, and very attacking player - poor defensively.

I've seen many a great junior fail at the next level because of the lack of an outstanding work ethic and trait (speed, agression, ...)

Ha, his dad would be lucky to be much over 175cm. I'm 185 and he's about nose height.

Wayne's-World said:
Might have shrunk a bit ;) but was definately bigger than 175cm, maybe more 180-182cm

Gee, I reckon Ross Gibbs wouldn't have been any bigger than 5'10" in the old language, and that's about 178 cms. No way was he nearly 6' IMO.

I wonder if there's anyone out there who knows for sure or has a written record of it??

macca23 said:
Gee, I reckon Ross Gibbs wouldn't have been any bigger than 5'10" in the old language, and that's about 178 cms. No way was he nearly 6' IMO.

I wonder if there's anyone out there who knows for sure or has a written record of it??
Iv'e got the 85 GF budget in my bedroom but the baby is asleep and it's not worth the the Mrs on my back about it right now.
I'll get it and post his details when the baby wakes up or tommorow.
Sorry.

macca23 said:

You maybe right Macca, didn't realise 5' 10" was 178cm :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back