Your upcoming gigs

Remove this Banner Ad

Goddamn they were awesome, and Dean Ween..top night

Would have liked to hear a few songs that weren't in the setlist but everything they did play was excellent. The sound was top notch and loved the visuals too.

Apparently lots of posts across the whole site got accidentally deleted last night
Yeah my bad, sounds like BF carked it again.

Silent Alarm, I think I remember what your post said.. The Kele acoustic set was really cool, but I don't think it would have been worth crossing the country for. It was incredibly intimate, to the point that one of the songs was cut short a few bars because someone in the audience had a sneezing fit. Apparently Tulips was on the setlist but he played Blue Light instead, but it was cool to hear him stretching his vocal muscles in a setting and style that really suited it.

My Europe trip isn't my first time OS but is my first time doing the solo backpacking bit, and the Silent Alarm concert will likely be at the very end of my trip so will be a nice way to cap it off. Bloc Party (with the new lineup) actually played in Tokyo the night that I landed there, but I opted not to go because I thought it would be too intimidating going to a concert in a foreign country on my first night, which is pretty stupid in hindsight.

Cosmic Psychos are in town this weekend. Really should go and see them tonight as I feel like a gig and getting pissed. Always a great gig and sold out at the ROsemount last time.
I wasnt a fan until i saw them live with Clutch a few years ago. Man, they go hard. You can really see the passion they play with. Definitely a very fun live band

I wasnt a fan until i saw them live with Clutch a few years ago. Man, they go hard. You can really see the passion they play with. Definitely a very fun live band

Surely Clutch are due for another tour sometime this year.

Tropical Eff Storm,Howler bar 11th May.

Saw Gareth Liddiard in The Drones at the Melbourne Town Hall,sensational night,they used the pipe organ in the Hall,huuuge sound.

Anything he does turns to gold,a very talented musician and songwriter.

Follows the Tiges also though I would still see him if he followed the Timbucktoo Trailerparks.

Simple Plan at the Forum on Monday Night were a lot of fun.

I confess that I actually only knew 7 songs they played (out of 20) but I still really enjoyed it and the 7 songs I did know really went off (in my mind at least!)

The support acts, Stateside from Brisbane & Eat Your Heart Out from Newcastle, were both impressive. I checked out some of EOYOs stuff before and liked it so I knew a couple of songs by them. Those bands are both female fronted and one of them came out to co-sing 'Jet Lag' during Simple Plan's set which would have no doubt been a moment to savour for that woman.

I was going to buy tickets for my son and me to see Kendrick Lamar yesterday. The cheapest tickets were $155 so I bailed.

Some are going for $1500 on the resale (scalping) sites.

Cosmic Psychos are in town this weekend. Really should go and see them tonight as I feel like a gig and getting pissed. Always a great gig and sold out at the ROsemount last time.
I've been seeing them for thirty odd years. Last time was Melbourne Cup Day at The Corner and they delivered in spades.

One of the great Australian bands.

Aiming to catch them at the Croxton Park on May 26.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LIstening to their latest album 'Don't cum the raw prawn' on the weekend and their views on the world best be described as 'antiquated' these days.

I saw Squeeze last night. Chris Difford doesn't travel because he is scared of flying but Glenn Tillbrook was in fine form. He sang most of the songs anyway. It meant the drummer had to come around and sing Cool for Cats. The band were tight, never missed a beat, Tillbrook is a terrific singer and guitarist and his greatest songs were all played last night. There were quite a few songs from a couple of recent albums played which means that 95% of the crowd (including myself) were sitting politely until the hits came.

Tempted, Black Coffee in Bed, Pulling Mussells from a Shell, Up the Junction, Labelled with Love, Take me I'm Yours, Is That Love, Slap and Tickle... were all fantastic. They had an incredible body of work on their first 2 or 3 albums. Lots of singing along and had a great time. Disappointed that they never played Some Fantastic Place as it is clearly the best song that they have done since their early brilliant flourish.

Dr John Cooper Clarke was the support act. He was not to be missed and was brilliant. As much a stand up comedy routine as a performance of his punk poetry. Beasley St and Evidently Chickentown were terrific.

Royal Blood next Monday at Riverstage. DZ in a few weeks and managed to get tickets to QOTSA in August... went to Sydney to see them last year before Villians was realeased. Really excited to hear the new songs live

LIstening to their latest album 'Don't cum the raw prawn' on the weekend and their views on the world best be described as 'antiquated' these days.
I consider them to be upholding traditional Australian values!

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

prima.png

Going to Spain soon for this epic festival!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back