Your upcoming gigs

Remove this Banner Ad

My coworker said the lead singer was reading the lyrics and there was a useless guy with maracas jumping all around the stage?
Yeah he was and that's not some useless guy that's Bez with the maracas. He's a key component of the band and he hasn't lost a thing. Your coworker obviously isn't much of a fan if they don't know Bez!

Sadly it wasn't a great performance though. I think it was their first however so hopefully they'll get better as the tour progresses?

Download on Monday - Voyager, Behemoth, Converge, Amity Affliction, Alien Weaponry, Alice in Chains, Judas Priest, Slayer

Nice, loving Voyager's newie

In the last 3 weeks I've seen

Belinda Carlisle - Astor Theatre
Millencolin and Goldfinger - Metros Fremantle
Da Pepperz - HBF Stadium

I loved Belinda Carlisle more than I ever should have

Bring Me The Horizon at Rod Laver Arena last night.

Someone in the crowd had a sign saying “Play The Deathcore Medley” and they did! So that was a very sweet added bonus. I thought it was a bit unusual though that they played more songs off their second latest album than the new one that came out a few months ago.

For the supports, Trophy Eyes were a bit meh but they’re up and coming and on their way to big things. You Me At Six had Oli Sykes come out for a song he featured in so that was unique, and I was impressed with Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes.

Kurt Elling and James Morrison at Perth Concert Hall - May 9.
Branford Marsalis with the Australian Chamber Orchestra at Perth Concert Hall - May 15
The Cure at The Sydney Opera House - 25 May
Ashling Parker at The Ellington Jazz Club - May 30
Elton John at HBF Arena - November 30

Last edited:
I've been given the green light from the missus to go to Hellfest next year in France. No lineup as yet but this is the one for 2019, i'm sure it's more than acceptable ha ha

1543251560.jpeg

I've been given the green light from the missus to go to Hellfest next year in France. No lineup as yet but this is the one for 2019, i'm sure it's more than acceptable ha ha

1543251560.jpeg
I don't even want to think what that would smell like by the end of the third day. Tens of thousands of sweaty speed freaks, gross.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** me that's impressive. There's no way I'd have the stamina for that these days. I can't even do an all day thing anymore let alone 3.

I'm 38 and don't really have the stamina either, but will have to for such an occasion.

I don't even want to think what that would smell like by the end of the third day. Tens of thousands of sweaty speed freaks, gross.

I'm not camping there, I'll get one of those packages with a bus and a hotel nearby. But yes I'm sure it will be a bit fresh (and metalhead aren't known for cleanliness ha ha)

May 5 - Hypocrisy & Kataklysm - Melbourne
July - Dead of Winter festival - BRisbane
September - Bloodbath/Southern Slaughter festival - Melbourne (may do Sydney as well)

Saw James Morrison and Kurt Elling last night.

Incredibly polished and perfect performance. Morrison played, trumpet, piano and trombone. The brilliant Troy Roberts was on tenor sax and Grant Windsor on piano. 2 great Perth jazz musicians that I was watching 15/20 years ago. Both, away from Perth nowadays but still at the top of their game. Morrison's sons were excellent on guitar and bass. Didn't catch the drummer's name but he was outstanding. 2 fantastic drum solos.

Elling is not everybody's cup of tea. His singing voice is like honey. So smooth and controlled. His scatting and vocalese is sometimes a bit too much for me, but his ratio of words to noise was about right last night. Been voted best jazz vocalist in the world 12 times so he is doing a lot right.

Morrison and Elling together are a treat. Great at what they do, but have a lot of fun doing it and bring the crowd along with them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back