FTA-TV Zumbo's Just Desserts

Remove this Banner Ad

I give it a month.

What a terrible show.

The only bright side is that one of our own had his tweet embedded in a News.com.au article about how crappy the show is.

It was clear within the first five minutes that Seven hired Zumbo for name recognition, because even if he is a fantastic dessert chef, he has the TV personality of a plank of wood. The co-host, Rachel Khoo, was given the lion's share of the lines to regurgitate.

And the contestants were mostly all too weird for me to relate to, even if I wanted to. A 57 year old car salesman wants to become a patisserie chef? Serious?

It attracted just over a million people according to the ratings, but I bet a significant chunk of those won't be watching tonight's episode.

The cook off got me. The two home cooks couldn't cook a fruitcake and apple pie properly, two basic desserts. Then Zumbo reveals a dessert from another universe for them to cook.

I thought the show looked promising in the ads, but it was a dreadful a show. So boring.

Last edited:
Just watched the final cook because there was nothing else on and my god what a steaming pile of s**t that was

Zumbo has the personality of a rock and speaks with zero emotion

The background music sounds like it belongs in an elevator and nearly put me to sleep

There was no sense of urgency at all. They were just strolling around and at one point I saw the bloke just standing there doing SFA

The was a moment where they showed a shot of Zumbo and Rachel and she looked bored shitless and was probably thinking what the * have I signed up for

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i watched a documentary on zumbo and his patisserie a few years ago, it was interesting behind the scenes, and he was much more colorful than on this show.
the cook-off is zumbo having a food wank. the charlie and chocolate factory type theme running through the show is replicated by the infantility of the contestants. not great viewing, but would eat even the worst dessert off khoo's tatas though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back