Preview / changes v North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that much appreciated.

Is the groin injury 50:50? Or something like 80 he will play: 20 he wont?
In one of the press conferences Dimma said that he's 100% change to 'probably' play. Doesn't mack much sense but yeah, basically 90-100% chance to play. He's had the groin problem for a few weeks but they've been managing it, probably doubted the GC so they rested him I guess.

Hardwick saying we will get back 4 to 5 players at the presser, I wonder if they are considering to play Astbury given the Coburg report said he played his best game?

Read in the paper this morning that Ivan hasn't trained for weeks and will not train again this year due to his groin issue.. Instead, they will just play him on weekends.

Doesn't sound right.

That is a bizarre admission to make in the media.

It is, but there would be more than just Maric not training too often. Darren Glass was training once every two weeks a couple of years ago.

Despite Maric's groin issue, Hardwick was confident the ruckman would play against the Kangaroos.

"He's had a groin for a number of weeks and we've just been managing it as best we can," Hardwick said.

"We've got seven games to nurse him through. He hasn't trained for probably the last two to three weeks and probably won't train for the remainder of the year, (he'll) just get out there and play on weekends."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...ammates-hardwick/story-e6frepf6-1226428458565

It is, but there would be more than just Maric not training too often. Darren Glass was training once every two weeks a couple of years ago.

yeah but what is bizzare with this one is, why would it be released to the media? I mean, this sort of s**t should stay in-house, in my book. Hopefully its a red herring, because if its on the money, sorry but we notch up another heck up by the brains trust.

That win after the Hawks loss they just scraped home to the Suns by 7 points after losing the last quarter by 5 points.

We weren't that great against the Suns. There were three main factors when it came to our form change. One was the work-rate and effort improved, that was evident after the Hawks game, even in the GC game. The second was the improvement in our ball use, wasn't as evident in the GC game but picked up a fair bit after that game. The last and probably most important was changing the structure of the side.

Post Hawthorn Tarrant, Hansen and post yips Thomas came into the side up forward. Grima and McMahon who are important cogs in out defence returned and we also changed the midfield mix, Anthony and Gibson came into the side who are important for our outside run, Cunnington was forced out into the VFL and Harvey was pushed into the forward line. These changes occurred over a number of weeks.

You can fire up and say you want to improve and go harder but that is likely to last 5 minutes into the game, after that you still need to rely on having the right structures and having the right balance all over the park in your side if you want to be able to sustain any kind of improvement over four quarters.

We weren't that great against the Suns. There were three main factors when it came to our form change. One was the work-rate and effort improved, that was evident after the Hawks game, even in the GC game. The second was the improvement in our ball use, wasn't as evident in the GC game but picked up a fair bit after that game. The last and probably most important was changing the structure of the side.

Post Hawthorn Tarrant, Hansen and post yips Thomas came into the side up forward. Grima and McMahon who are important cogs in out defence returned and we also changed the midfield mix, Anthony and Gibson came into the side who are important for our outside run, Cunnington was forced out into the VFL and Harvey was pushed into the forward line. These changes occurred over a number of weeks.

You can fire up and say you want to improve and go harder but that is likely to last 5 minutes into the game, after that you still need to rely on having the right structures and having the right balance all over the park in your side if you want to be able to sustain any kind of improvement over four quarters.

tipping it all boiled down to your coach cutting to the chase and putting the cue in the rack in terms of introducing newbies that fell short of the mark dude. You are not that to far away from us in terms of depth. If you copped the 15 days of suspensions, injuries etc we copped and had to raid the cupboard you too would be pretty well ****ed..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely. A lot of players have restricted or limited training during the season but am not sure how much clubs want to advertise it in advance. Goldstein has a huge tank and ran Kruezer into the ground, I assume the message going to him would be to run him all over the park if his groin is dodgy. Not that doing that always works, but you wouldn't want to give away something like that leading into a big game.

tipping it all boiled down to your coach cutting to the chase and putting the cue in the rack in terms of introducing newbies that fell short of the mark dude. You are not that to far away from us in terms of depth. If you copped the 15 days of suspensions, injuries etc we copped and had to raid the cupboard you too would be pretty well ******..

I didn't say we are well ahead. I just explained who came into the side and the balance of the side was as if not more critical than just having the desire to play better. We had the desire against Gold Coast and it didn't necessarily translate into playing like we have recently.

I didn't say we are well ahead. I just explained who came into the side and the balance of the side was as if not more critical than just having the desire to play better. We had the desire against Gold Coast and it didn't necessarily translate into playing like we have recently.

All i am saying is that your coach admitted in the media that he put to much faith into your second tier and youngsters and made a mistake, it wasnt as if you had injuries, he was dropping players thinking that the inclusions were better options. The bonus for him was that didnt have an injury list forcing his hand and thats why who came in, came in.
At the end of the day the structures etc can only work when those who you select to execute them can execute and if they cant, then you just about know where you are at, in terms of depth and have to rely on the base 22 week in week out. Your recent form is directly linked to you having by and large your best 22 on the field.

tipping it all boiled down to your coach cutting to the chase and putting the cue in the rack in terms of introducing newbies that fell short of the mark dude. You are not that to far away from us in terms of depth. If you copped the 15 days of suspensions, injuries etc we copped and had to raid the cupboard you too would be pretty well ******..

I don't know anything about Richmond\s VFL players, but Cunnington, Cam Pederson, Luke and Cam Delaney, Mullet, Daw, Cruize Garlett, McKinley, Ben Warren, Will Sierakowski, Levi Greenwood, Ben Speight, Ayden Kennedy and Brad Mckenzie are playing at least good level footy in the VFL.

I don't know anything about Richmond\s VFL players, but Cunnington, Cam Pederson, Luke and Cam Delaney, Mullet, Daw, Cruize Garlett, McKinley, Ben Warren, Will Sierakowski, Levi Greenwood, Ben Speight, Ayden Kennedy and Brad Mckenzie are playing at least good level footy in the VFL.

man i am just going on what your own coach said. i.e. he admitted it was a mistake trying newbies and second tier players at the time, when the wheels were falling off back a few weeks ago.

Our depth is pretty good. We'll have Petrie, Ziebell and Adams covered if they don't play (our replacements wont be as good but they will do their job).

We also have 2 KPD that we could call on if required. A host of mids.

Forward wise we have Azza, Black, Warren and Mckinley waiting for a shot (not counting Pedersen who i consider a replacement ruckman).

Then we have Majak and H as well. Our depth is as strong as i can remember.

Our depth is pretty good. We'll have Petrie, Ziebell and Adams covered if they don't play (our replacements wont be as good but they will do their job).

We also have 2 KPD that we could call on if required. A host of mids.

Forward wise we have Azza, Black, Warren and Mckinley waiting for a shot (not counting Pedersen who i consider a replacement ruckman).

Then we have Majak and H as well. Our depth is as strong as i can remember.

North Melbourne coach Brad Scott erred in bringing in young players too early

Scott said it happened as he tried to get the right balance of youth and experience into the team in the first half of the season.
"I probably erred a little in bringing in some young players who probably weren't quite ready for the intensity of AFL footy,'' he said.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/no...layers-too-early/story-fnelctok-1226415435724

you might have depth but according to your coach it aint ready to be depth...

man i am just going on what your own coach said. i.e. he admitted it was a mistake trying newbies and second tier players at the time, when the wheels were falling off back a few weeks ago.

The wheels fell off against Hawthorn 7 weeks ago. We've lost once since to West Coast by 2 points.
I don't know which kids we were playing that he's talking about, but the wheels fell off one day and it was no-ones fault.

Our problem is we don't have that many players left to play VFL. Last weekend, we had 8, 4 of whom are rookies (and 1 of them got injured).

Also, playing well at VFL level just isn't the same. Graham and Webberley have both dominated at VFL level for most of the season, both played against GC, and while Graham was servicable (at best), Webberley was so bad he got subbed off in the 2nd.

Our problem is we don't have that many players left to play VFL. Last weekend, we had 8, 4 of whom are rookies (and 1 of them got injured).

Also, playing well at VFL level just isn't the same. Graham and Webberley have both dominated at VFL level for most of the season, both played against GC, and while Graham was servicable (at best), Webberley was so bad he got subbed off in the 2nd.
Holy s**t, that's ****ed.

Thing is we have McGuane, Mini-Maric, Andrew Browne, Webberley and Post (and more) playing good VFL football most weeks but that doesn't make it depth unless they can play to AFL football intensity.

In my opinion looking from outside in:

Depth: Cunnington, Greenwood, Cam Delaney, (almost put Mullet here)

Possible depth but not ready or unproven: Daw, Garlett, Sierakowski, Mullet, Mckenzie

Good VFL players that can't adapt to AFL: Pederson, Warren, McKinley, Luke Delaney, Speight

And I have no idea who Kennedy is.

Would like to see Post come in and play the Derickx role this week actually. He seems to have had a good game supporting Browney in the ruck on the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back