Opinion They can't all be champs...

Remove this Banner Ad

Still pretty confident on Cowan.

While it's great he's playing again, the reality is he's in his fourth year, as a late draft pick who isn't near the best 22. Is still very much 50/50 to be here next year, at best.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lonergan retires at the end of the year. He has had one of the most suprisingly brilliant careers of any player I can remember.

Dud forward with one kidney, turned into impassable Premiership fullback. He is declining now and I think that will accelerate.

Maybe he'll walk off into the sunset, leaving us with one last thrashing of Franklin in the Grand Final.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lonergan retires at the end of the year. He has had one of the most suprisingly brilliant careers of any player I can remember.

Dud forward with one kidney, turned into impassable Premiership fullback. He is declining now and I think that will accelerate.

Maybe he'll walk off into the sunset, leaving us with one last thrashing of Franklin in the Grand Final.

He's got another 2 years to run on his contract.

Well if we play Hawthorn again, pay careful attention to who minds Franklin and Roughead because it won't be Rivers. As indeed it wasn't last time he played against them - Round 1 this year.

Maybe he'll get Hale. He's a zippy small forward, perfect for Rivers.

Well if we play Hawthorn again, pay careful attention to who minds Franklin and Roughead because it won't be Rivers. As indeed it wasn't last time he played against them - Round 1 this year.

nah, I think you'll find they'll rotate around accordingly.

If Rivers is not a KPD explain to me why Mackie and Taylor have been able to go forward more regularly since Rivers inclusion and impact the scoreboard either by themselves or helping to assist in a couple?

....could it possibly be because Rivers is minding one of those forwards o_O

nah, I think you'll find they'll rotate around accordingly.

If Rivers is not a KPD explain to me why Mackie and Taylor have been able to go forward more regularly since Rivers inclusion and impact the scoreboard either by themselves or helping to assist in a couple?

....could it possibly be because Rivers is minding one of those forwards o_O
The Taylor pushing forward experiment started last year before Rivers had even arrived.
Mackie has always drifted forward too and isn't kicking more goals than he usually does...

The Taylor pushing forward experiment started last year before Rivers had even arrived.
Mackie has always drifted forward too and isn't kicking more goals than he usually does...

so from rounds 3-5 when Rivers was playing....Taylor booted 9.5, when Rivers went down because of injury, Taylor did not hit the scoreboard again until round 19 when he booted 1 but funnily enough, Rivers returns round 20 and Taylor boots 3 & contributes to 2 other goals.

Strange isn't it ;)

so from rounds 1-5 when Rivers was playing....Taylor booted 9.5, when Rivers went down because of injury, Taylor did not hit the scoreboard again until round 19 when he booted 1 but funnily enough, Rivers returns round 20 and Taylor boots 3 & contributes to 2 other goals.

Strange isn't it ;)
Point still stands.
He kicked 5 of those 9 against WB when Hawkins was out and they had 1 key fwd.
And 2 of the 3 v Port he kicked after Butcher had been subbed off.

You are right though, Rivers does free Harry up.
I doubt he'll do it against the good sides.
I wouldn't want Rivers on any of Franklin, Roughead, Tippett, Pavlich or Goodes for any extended period of time though...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Point still stands.

no it doesn't, you have tried to twist everything to suit your argument all day long and again, you mention that Taylor was kicking goals last year as well, isn't that because we had Scarlett?

Sugar coat it anyway you wish, Rivers is why Taylor & Mackie can be more creative, he's able to take the key match-ups at certain times of a game, something you and Partridge seem to believe Brown was doing when he was in the side.

(will you give Partidge a lovely like when he responds to my post? :spades:)

no it doesn't, you have tried to twist everything to suit your argument all day long and again, you mention that Taylor was kicking goals last year as well, isn't that because we had Scarlett?

Sugar coat it anyway you wish, Rivers is why Taylor & Mackie can be more creative, he's able to take the key match-ups at certain times of a game, something you and Partridge seem to believe Brown was doing when he was in the side.

(will you give Partidge a lovely like when he responds to my post? :spades:)

Settle down princess, am i not allowed to like it when someone agrees with me?

The point does still stand.
If Rivers was that capable of taking key fwds, Harry would be pushing fwd every week.
Is it a coincidence that he usually kicks goals against the weaker sides?
A little bit like Scarlett last year, Rivers doesn't take the likes of Franklin, Kennedy, Tippett e.t.c. for too long at a time because he's simply not good enough.
For a few minutes here and there?
Sure. That's what a 3rd tall defender does isn't it?

A squad of 40 picked by the AFLPA, who ought to know.
From which the team is picked by public Facebook/Twitter voting; that ought to be authoritative. :rolleyes:
I love how Sidebottom plays as a defender for a month and suddenly he's a full timer.
And Seedsman got omitted a month ago didn't he?
More Cam Guthrie please.

Christensen as a forward? Oh wait, he's indigenous so he must be a fwd pocket player.
Am I right SJ?

Settle down princess, am i not allowed to like it when someone agrees with me?

Have an opposing view all you like mate.
But please drop that princess crap with our own supporters.

Off your high horse fella.
Didn't you tell someone to pi55 off before?
A Geelong supporter?

Footscore and I have had many run ins.
But he has really grown a new leg. Research.

I agree with both sides.
I want Rivers in, and I want Brown retained.

But the fact you couldn't acknowledge his effort in putting together the vids was pretty poor.

You could have said "kudos for going to that effort"
But nup, it had to be the slander of 'princess'

Do us a favour, grow up and help make the forum richer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back