Pick 65: Corey Gault. Welcome to the Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lyon Roars
Under rated Corey Gault - some guys just have a good footy brain and with more than adequate skills all round he will make it if given the opportunity - from good tough sporting stock too.

Close the thread. So under rated id forgetten he existed.

Unfortunatly for Corey he's short for a ruckmen and a little on the slow side for KPP's. He is a smart footballer and does give it a serious crack, was one of WA's best agianst Metro. Id rookie him for sure.

The WA guys really rate Corey for footy smarts. He is a tweener, too slow to play KPP and too small to play ruck. Reminds me of Trent Hotton.

If we can get Corey a little bit quicker, he is a chance because he has a very good brain and tries hard. And unlike Hotton, he has no off field issues.

Had a great game for WA v Vic Metro.

I never knew Heath Shaw was defined as a small defender, especially by the club. If he is a small then half out list are smalls. Like I said, it's down to your own definition.

Now you are getting it.

Half would sound about right, given that around half the positions on the ground are for smalls (and the rest generally split between mediums and talls).

It needs to be noted that these definitions are not as much about actual height, but about role they play, how they get and use the ball, and (as Dundalis said) mostly about how they can play an arial ball.

Good observation Rus however I reckon it may look more like this:

FF - ???? Gault Ceglar
HF - ???? Paine ????
C - ???? Witts S Mac
HB - Hartley Keefe ????
FB - ???? Brown ????

Based upon all these talls, I do not expect a good year from our VFL team. Very very top heavy.

I agree completely with this.

Yeah you're probably right re positions, I was just sticking them anywhere really because that's what I can see happening. Unless we get a few injuries we're gonna find it really hard to develop some of these players in the positions we'd like them to fill long term.

After reading that story about him I think the club chose well he seems to have come on well this past year,not afraid to work hard to try and get where he wants to be.That was interesting where he said A Hickmott and others had put extra time into him,also notice that Hickmott had just been picked up as junior developement coach.

Pick 65 we could do worse a normal young fella who is willing to have a crack at it.

Ps He will have to stop supporting the Eagles now though.:thumbsu:

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/afl/12060141/gault-on-the-up-in-more-ways-than-one/

Apophysitis - a new medical term to add to your football vocabulary.

It sounds a lot more impressive than general soreness and, with seven weeks on the sidelines required to cure the ailment, it's clearly a significant injury.

Apophysitis is the injury that prevented Collingwood recruit Corey Gault from being drafted last year.

The problem occurred because of a significant growth spurt in Year 11 which turned Gault from a midfielder into a ruckman and left his body struggling to adapt.

"I was growing too fast and my hip flexors couldn't attach," said the 19-year-old who is now 198cm.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/afl/12060141/gault-on-the-up-in-more-ways-than-one/
Interesting we have told him we plan on playing him more as a forward. Given how many rucks we have on deck shouldn't be surprising. Also that X-ray of his ankle showing his plates hadn't yet closed up meaning he could still grow taller.

An apophysis is essentially where the pull of a tendon elongates the bone. Your heel is one example of such a traction apophysis. Apophysitis is usually seen during growth spurts, because your tendons and ligaments are struggling to elongate at the same rate as your bones, meaning the traction force of the tendon pulling on the bone is greater than normal, causing inflammation and pain.

and to those tools that described him as a bit slow, get over yourself. clearly youve been brainwashed by the AFL factory type coming thru the TAC cup, with all the work put in to mould the boy into the AFL media star.

do yourself a favour and edit out those ridiculous comments.

well done to those that did the right thing and used the edit function. :)

from the latest video - when some 19yo kid uses the word forthcoming at all, let alone appropriately, you know he's switched on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't you know that he/she/it is the champion of hindsight Olympics yet will never make a call about future himself.

Are you kidding? This is exactly what this board needs.

Nothing wrong with calling people out over ridiculous statements based not very much. Just read the draft threads. Every player is predicted to be the next Pendlebury yet go back through previous drafts and very few (even top ten players) ever become stars.

Personally, I can't wait to bump old threads if and when Buckley coaches us to a Premiership (with Sinclair winning the Norm Smith).
Hopefully shame some posters into deleting their accounts.

Might get rookie listed i doubt it though

Hope we go down the road of picking mature players again

I think being De-Listed so late means he is a Good Chance to be Rookied. He is a Mature Aged player at 20

severe all ties, he is a waste.......no potential other than a rookie list clogger
we all know most of our good players started of as rookies
bye bye Gault

Are you kidding? This is exactly what this board needs.

Nothing wrong with calling people out over ridiculous statements based not very much. Just read the draft threads. Every player is predicted to be the next Pendlebury yet go back through previous drafts and very few (even top ten players) ever become stars.

Personally, I can't wait to bump old threads if and when Buckley coaches us to a Premiership (with Sinclair winning the Norm Smith).
Hopefully shame some posters into deleting their accounts.

waiting%20for%20a%20standard.JPG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back