Review The Dees v Big Jack's Hacks: the Good, the Bad & the Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres greed and then theres a poor choice, JKH was facing away from goal and it was really low percentage, I think it was good that Dawesy sorta said mate reguardless of the result you didnt do the team thing which we want to make this side better
that being said ,and i agree, looks like we have found our small crumbing forward.

Bad- Jack Watts- Wasnt really a bad game as such but didnt really impact the game IMO in a contest that was designed for him, I will add however both his goals were an excellent example of his better judgement than his opponents and he could be a very dangerous weapon playing like that

I'm sorry what? Didn't impact the contest? He ran, he tackled, he actually out muscled a few players and was pure class in traffic setting up plays into the forward line.

He impacted the game, a lot.

I'm sorry what? Didn't impact the contest? He ran, he tackled, he actually out muscled a few players and was pure class in traffic setting up plays into the forward line.

He impacted the game, a lot.

Well Ive watched the game twice and I disagree with you, I dont think he was bad I just wouldnt have had him in the good, and I certainly wouldnt praise a 14 disposal game

Rohan Bail had 14 disposals and kicked 2 goals but laid 6 more tackles

Well Ive watched the game twice and I disagree with you, I dont think he was bad I just wouldnt have had him in the good, and I certainly wouldnt praise a 14 disposal game

Rohan Bail had 14 disposals and kicked 2 goals but laid 6 more tackles

To be fair, Rohan Bail would not be playing at AFL level if he didn't tackle like a maniac.

To be fair, Rohan Bail would not be playing at AFL level if he didn't tackle like a maniac.

Nah he probably wouldnt , I tell you with him Cross jones spencil and viney around the contest you certainly shouldnt be playing bruise free against our midfield any time soon

Nah he probably wouldnt , I tell you with him Cross jones spencil and viney around the contest you certainly shouldnt be playing bruise free against our midfield any time soon
You're being sucked into the trap. You wanted Watts dropped last week FFS. Watts is building, he's hitting the contest harder. Stop tarring him with expectation, take it on a game by game level.

You are totally transfixed on that number one pick tag, nicky boy, you can say youre not, but you are. The quicker you forget about it the easier it will be to see what Jack does well instead of just stewing over the negatives.

As ive said to you before, accept Jack for who he is, he will never ever justify the number one tag, he has a certain skill set (tall, classy, supreme ball user) and thats what we have to work with, as ive also said, we lack enough class already, you can only field so many triers per game, Jack uses the ball well and that something we desperately lack. Far from one of his worst games yesterday. Put in and used the ball well.

Ive been a bigger supporter of Terlich, but after watching yesterdays game again sometimes you just have to swallow your pride and 'yeah, may have got that one wrong' ...he looks nothing like the player he was last year, no longer is he taking the game on, his attack on the pill and courage isnt even there this year. Been disappointing. Needs a rest and may not even get back in. Personally, i put it down to losing the beard.

Last edited:
You're being sucked into the trap. You wanted Watts dropped last week FFS. Watts is building, he's hitting the contest harder. Stop tarring him with expectation, take it on a game by game level.
I agreed with nickgrant69 last week in saying i was disappointed with Watts game and wanting him dropped but he proved his worth this week. Now i just REALLY want him to back it up next weekend

I honestly didn't see anyone having a bad game yesterday. Just varying degrees of "getting the job done".

You are totally transfixed on that number pick tag, nicky boy, you can say youre not, but you are. The quicker you forget about it the easier it will be to see what Jack does well instead of just stewing over the negatives.

As ive said to you before, accept Jack for who he is, he will never ever justify the number one tag, he has a certain skill set (tall, classy, supreme ball user) and thats what we have to work with, as ive also said, we lack enough class already, you can only field so many triers per game, Jack uses the ball well and that something we desperately lack. Far from one of his worst games yesterday. Put in and used the ball well.

Ive been a bigger supporter of Terlich, but after watching yesterdays game again sometimes you just have to swallow your pride and 'yeah, may have got that one wrong' ...he looks nothing like the player he was last year, no longer is he taking the game on, his attack on the pill and courage isnt even there this year. Been disappointing. Needs a rest and may not even get back in. Personally, i put it down to losing the beard.

I never really criticised him for this weeks performance though boys I just noticed alot of people praised his game where I just didnt think it was justified, I thought he was ok but I know he can do alot better than that
Ill agree when he had the ball in hand was fantastic today, smart decisions and he hit targets and like i said above his 2 marks he embarrased his opponent with better judgement of the ball, I just dont think a 14 disposal 2 goal game is worth a mention in the goods

I never really criticised him for this weeks performance though boys I just noticed alot of people praised his game where I just didnt think it was justified, I thought he was ok but I know he can do alot better than that
Ill agree when he had the ball in hand was fantastic today, smart decisions and he hit targets and like i said above his 2 marks he embarrased his opponent with better judgement of the ball, I just dont think a 14 disposal 2 goal game is worth a mention in the goods
You put him in the 'Bad'. That's criticism.

Bad- Jack Watts- Wasnt really a bad game as such but didnt really impact the game IMO in a contest that was designed for him, I will add however both his goals were an excellent example of his better judgement than his opponents and he could be a very dangerous weapon playing like that

I said it wasnt a bad game, maybe I should have said Good Normal Bad and Ugly...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good: Anyone notice zippy Viney was? I never knew he was as quick and evasive has he is - it was really impressive.

Whats so impressive about him is he is able to absorb a tackle, shrug it and then accelerate out of the contest .. Very very 'Judd' Like in that he has that real power to get it and then get out

Good: Anyone notice zippy Viney was? I never knew he was as quick and evasive has he is - it was really impressive.
He had a fair bit of foot trouble previously IIRC. As good as his dad was if he can be little Tingay it would be a huge boost. While I'm being greedy imagine if he was 190cm instead of the 170odd he is now. He'd destroy everything.

He had a fair bit of foot trouble previously IIRC. As good as his dad was if he can be little Tingay it would be a huge boost. While I'm being greedy imagine if he was 190cm instead of the 170odd he is now. He'd destroy everything.

Can we do something to get Jack Watts pregnant to Jack Viney?

Can we do something to get Jack Watts pregnant to Jack Viney?
I was just thinking about that pairing too. Their best traits would make the best player ever. The short less athletic other version not so much.

I was just thinking about that pairing too. Their best traits would make the best player ever. The short less athletic other version not so much.

We will call the short one Hugo.

tumblr_m0whfeI9rc1qj6mteo1_500.gif

We will call the short one Hugo.
We drafted the son of a Carlton gun who's name escapes me. I saw him play in the VFL one day and I reckon he's our Hugo if he wasn't too tall. Never looked anything like a footballer.

We drafted the son of a Carlton gun who's name escapes me. I saw him play in the VFL one day and I reckon he's our Hugo if he wasn't too tall. Never looked anything like a footballer.

Cameron Hunter?

We fed him fish heads and kept him under the change rooms at the Junction Oval.

Good to hear he's well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back