Review The Dees v Big Jack's Hacks: the Good, the Bad & the Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not so sure about this one - JKH kicked the goal which should be what matters. If he'd missed Dawes would be very much in the right to spray him but if you take the game on and are successful in doing so, especially as a first year, you'd want him to be applauded for it. I understand the need to 'do the team thing' but there has to be some rationality/common sense about it. Like TPM said it's not as though it was a guarantee Dawes would kick it. The ball was spoiled and brought to ground and JKH fulfilled the role that we brought him in for.

I'm not so sure about this one - JKH kicked the goal which should be what matters. If he'd missed Dawes would be very much in the right to spray him but if you take the game on and are successful in doing so, especially as a first year, you'd want him to be applauded for it. I understand the need to 'do the team thing' but there has to be some rationality/common sense about it. Like TPM said it's not as though it was a guarantee Dawes would kick it. The ball was spoiled and brought to ground and JKH fulfilled the role that we brought him in for.

The point isn't that he kicked it, or that Dawes might not have kicked it, the point is that the play had such a low probability of success. It would have been against the team rules, hence the spray. Roos is setting a new culture where all team acts are non-negotiable and come first, I think this is a really good sign that it's slowly starting to become a reality, and an even better sign that JKH took it on the chin and didn't have a sook.

I'm happy for him to keep doing it if you guys are consistent , if he burns someone from 30 m out to win a game to kick over his shoulder again an it's marked 10 m out from goal I expect everyone here to be like 'well that's his role '

That was a low percentage shot it could easily have been marked in the square and rebounded or bounced anywhere, I applaud his confidence and I also applaud Dawes leadership in baking him for not following team structure , you could say it was good all around

The fact he admitted himself that Dawes was right should tell you guys enough

UGLY: AFL. (oh dear)

2960rrc.jpg

It's Laidley NOT Bailey! :thumbsdown:
Oh that is seriously poor form... Someone's head needs to roll for that blunder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh that is seriously poor form... Someone's head needs to roll for that blunder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's sarcasm right?

If he was still alive no one would blink an eyelid

Seriously mistakes happen

Dawes sprayed him before he kicked it.

Obviously I'm outnumbered here but I just don't think there's enough to say that JKH was acting against the 'team rules', or at least that he was doing so consciously in the manner of wanting to kick the goal himself more than he wanted the team to score the goal. But then again maybe that subconscious awareness of his teammates is something that he needs to work on. I just disagree that the shot was as low percentage as people are saying (there was no one in the goal square or in a likely position to be able to intercept the ball) and from watching the footage the handball to Chris Dawes would have been much, much harder than it looks; he was in an awkward body position to handball with a player that might easily have cut it off. But judging by everyone's response here I'm probably wrong :p I just think it's refreshing to have a small forward in our forward 50 that can play reactively like that, as opposed to returning to the last 4 years of having the ball rebound straight out as soon as the ball goes to ground.

Fine sack him and sentence him to 50 lashings
I'm in favour of this.

Obviously I'm outnumbered here but I just don't think there's enough to say that JKH was acting against the 'team rules', or at least that he was doing so consciously in the manner of wanting to kick the goal himself more than he wanted the team to score the goal. But then again maybe that subconscious awareness of his teammates is something that he needs to work on. I just disagree that the shot was as low percentage as people are saying (there was no one in the goal square or in a likely position to be able to intercept the ball) and from watching the footage the handball to Chris Dawes would have been much, much harder than it looks; he was in an awkward body position to handball with a player that might easily have cut it off. But judging by everyone's response here I'm probably wrong :p I just think it's refreshing to have a small forward in our forward 50 that can play reactively like that, as opposed to returning to the last 4 years of having the ball rebound straight out as soon as the ball goes to ground.

I'm in favour of this.

I just think because its JKH your ok with it, if Bail was the small forward and he tried it and it gets marked in the goalsquare everyone is calling for him to be dropped, like i said JKH acknowledged it so that should be the end of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back