Preview Changes & pre-match discussion vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking bout the dogs and port game but I also rate our win over sydney higher than yours. We had to bury a few demons and they are your bitches.

I think (hope) atley goes to Elliot. He is probably the in form small forward in the comp and atley had shown great defensive presence in the last 2 weeks. Plus he has the toe to work off him.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

:thumbsu: Bolded is spot on :thumbsu:

as north supporters i would like to get your take on the following midfield match ups

swan vs harvey
dal santo vs ball
wells vs macaffer
pendles vs maybe zieball (should he play, i expect north to run zieball against pendles)
beams vs cunington
sidebottom vs bastinac

yout thoughts?

as north supporters i would like to get your take on the following midfield match ups

swan vs harvey
dal santo vs ball
wells vs macaffer
pendles vs maybe zieball (should he play, i expect north to run zieball against pendles)
beams vs cunington
sidebottom vs bastinac

yout thoughts?
My first thought is, I'm glad you're not choosing our matchups!

If Ziebell plays, running with Pendlebury wouldn't be an option. If anyone tags him, it could be Bastinac or Greenwood.

My first thought is, I'm glad you're not choosing our matchups!

If Ziebell plays, running with Pendlebury wouldn't be an option. If anyone tags him, it could be Bastinac or Greenwood.
but you would need a hardbody against pendlebury at the stoppages. you could maybe have bastinac or greenwood pick pendles on the outside.

its simple really, if JZ is back then he comes in for Jacobs. otherwise no change

Also no sedond ruckmen, when tarrant comes back in he can be third forward. we need petrie to get more involved and with currie in the team he doesnt

swan vs harvey
dal santo vs ball
wells vs macaffer
beams vs cunington
sidebottom vs bastinac

yout thoughts?

Swan has been playing most of the game forward hasnt he?. If so probably Firrito would go to swan. Dal Santo will roam across half back most of the time so i doubt Ball would be around him, imo Macaffer will go to Dal as Harvey & Wells will be way to quick for him. Greenwood to Pendles but wont be a hard tag. Cunnington - Beams/Ball all hard in and under players could be good individual contests there. Will be plenty of mid rotations though as both teams have a handfull to run through the midfield.

The Thompson/Cloke match up is the one im most looking forward to. If Thompson plays like he did against the swans it will go a long way to getting us the win.

I see what you mean ; but I think it's pretty hard to run a tag unless you're on that man 100% of the time.
very true, but the taggers should be able to physically matchup on their players as well. At the stoppages ziebell's big body would be very useful whereas bastinac and greenwood might get exposed at the stoppages. On the outside ziebell might not have the run to match pendles but greenwood and bastinac might. So i am expecting pendles to have players rotating against him. I dont see well's playing head to head with pendles cause you would prefer to have him play loose around the stoppages and the ground instead of being locked up with pendles.

Swan has been playing most of the game forward hasnt he?. If so probably Firrito would go to swan. Dal Santo will roam across half back most of the time so i doubt Ball would be around him, imo Macaffer will go to Dal as Harvey & Wells will be way to quick for him. Greenwood to Pendles but wont be a hard tag. Cunnington - Beams/Ball all hard in and under players could be good individual contests there. Will be plenty of mid rotations though as both teams have a handfull to run through the midfield.

The Thompson/Cloke match up is the one im most looking forward to. If Thompson plays like he did against the swans it will go a long way to getting us the win.
from norths point of view firrito wouldnt be ideal against swan as might not have the speed to match up with swan. I am also not sure about firritos capability in the air as swan is also a good mark

but you would need a hardbody against pendlebury at the stoppages. you could maybe have bastinac or greenwood pick pendles on the outside.
Levi is a hard body. Basti not so much but he has done some good curbing jobs in the past.

Pendlebury would burn a combined Ziebell + Bastinac tag imo.

I mean, he's going to get 30+ disposals anyway, you just need to make it so he isn't going at 80%+ efficiency and kicking goals/setting them up. I reckon Greenwood will get first crack at that.

edit: re: height, good point. But like I said, Pendlebury is going to rack them up anyway, it's just a matter of making sure he doesn't have ability to make his own time & space and make him kick it long & high (usually to the get out of jail free card in Cloke) where our solid back 6 as a unit will help Thompson.

Macaffer to Dal Santo/Wells/Harvey. I think Dal Santo is likely, but Wells also. Wells might be to fast for him, but you don't do a heap of sprinting at stoppages, and if the Pies work well as a team then they can easily cover for Caff when Wells is running off him.

Cunnington, Ziebell, Bastinac, Beams, Swan and Ball will all be left to their own ball-winning abilities I'd assume. I mean, they will take a man at stoppages, but I don't think it will be overly set.

Sidebottom is an interesting one, maybe a 'run-with' role from Bastinac on him? He seems to always cut us up and I'd like some attention applied to him, especially if he runs forward of the contest and gets a few uncontested kicks/goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

very true, but the taggers should be able to physically matchup on their players as well. At the stoppages ziebell's big body would be very useful whereas bastinac and greenwood might get exposed at the stoppages. On the outside ziebell might not have the run to match pendles but greenwood and bastinac might. So i am expecting pendles to have players rotating against him. I dont see well's playing head to head with pendles cause you would prefer to have him play loose around the stoppages and the ground instead of being locked up with pendles.

Greenwood arguably has a bigger body than Ziebell and is predominantly an inside player.

I mean, he's going to get 30+ disposals anyway, you just need to make it so he isn't going at 80%+ efficiency and kicking goals/setting them up. I reckon Greenwood will get first crack at that.

edit: re: height, good point. But like I said, Pendlebury is going to rack them up anyway, it's just a matter of making sure he doesn't have ability to make his own time & space and make him kick it long & high (usually to the get out of jail free card in Cloke) where our solid back 6 as a unit will help Thompson.

Macaffer to Dal Santo/Wells/Harvey. I think Dal Santo is likely, but Wells also. Wells might be to fast for him, but you don't do a heap of sprinting at stoppages, and if the Pies work well as a team then they can easily cover for Caff when Wells is running off him.

Cunnington, Ziebell, Bastinac, Beams, Swan and Ball will all be left to their own ball-winning abilities I'd assume. I mean, they will take a man at stoppages, but I don't think it will be overly set.

Sidebottom is an interesting one, maybe a 'run-with' role from Bastinac on him? He seems to always cut us up and I'd like some attention applied to him, especially if he runs forward of the contest and gets a few uncontested kicks/goals.
Why does this post give me the chills ...

from norths point of view firrito wouldnt be ideal against swan as might not have the speed to match up with swan. I am also not sure about firritos capability in the air as swan is also a good mark

I wouldnt be concerned at all about Swan's pace if he plays forward, and Firrito will have a field day against him in the air.

If Swan pushes up into the midfield, would be a good match up for Ziebell if he plays. Swan's pace isnt a worry going by his form this year.

ye sidebottom is the most interesting prospect in this midfield battle. If he can beat his opponent than it will go a long way in helping us win the match. From norths point of view you would ideally like to have someone with a good aerobic tank to run with sidebottom.

I wouldnt be concerned at all about Swan's pace if he plays forward, and Firrito will have a field day against him in the air.

If Swan pushes up into the midfield, would be a good match up for Ziebell if he plays. Swan's pace isnt a worry going by his form this year.
fortunately for us swan is slowly starting to get some serious miles into his legs, north would definetely be wary of that. Swan is someone you cannot underestimate. i understand where you are coming from in regards with his current form, but do remember that he his coming of wrist surgeries, and couple of other problems in an interrupted preseason.

ye sidebottom is the most interesting prospect in this midfield battle. If he can beat his opponent than it will go a long way in helping us win the match. From norths point of view you would ideally like to have someone with a good aerobic tank to run with sidebottom.

Bastinac.

Or Gibson. He'd run him into the ground by the fourth.

Not particularly but I'm a wuss.

Yeah fair enough though, Pendlebury/Beams/Swan/Sidebottom haven't exactly been kind to us for a while now. I do think we are starting to build a midfield (with depth) though that has a better defensive edge to it, and is also worrying for the opposition teams, so hopefully we nullify their midfield influence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back