To Gibb or not to Gibb, thats the question.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hartigan will be a very good defender IMO however not the type that can take the monster Cloke type of forward however Frawley on the other hand is tailor made for this role

Are you saying this because of their respective sizes, or because of the way they play?

Was going to say, I reckon Murphy and Gibbs have suffered very similar fates.

I wish Lachie Henderson played for a different club. I rate the guy incredibly highly and reckon he could be a star of the game in another side.

When you actually sit down and look at a lot of Carlton's youngsters, it's amazing how little so many of them have achieved. I dont want to be taking pot shot after pot shot at Carlton here, but their list development is questionable at best.
I'd take Henderson in a heartbeat.

Hartigan will be a very good defender IMO however not the type that can take the monster Cloke type of forward however Frawley on the other hand is tailor made for this role

Why is that? It can't be based on size, because Hartigan is bigger than Frawley.

I watched highlights of Tex vs Melbourne in 2012 where he kicked 5 goals. He actually embarrassed Frawley in a couple of one on ones.

I think Frawley is somehow getting better and better in the eyes of some now that he's a FA.

Why is that? It can't be based on size, because Hartigan is bigger than Frawley.

I watched highlights of Tex vs Melbourne in 2012 where he kicked 5 goals. He actually embarrassed Frawley in a couple of one on ones.

I think Frawley is somehow getting better and better in the eyes of some now that he's a FA.

I think Frawley is a gun. Personally though I would prefer Gibbs if we had to choose.

For all your criticism of Hartigan, surely you can agree he is at least an afl ready defender unlike Shaw.

He will get better with experience but does not have any major flaws.
Not really criticising ......just observations of improvements he needs to make & can

Shaw we'll have to disagree on .....i like the lad A LOT!

But this board savaged Douglas & to a lesser degree Smith because he wasn't an instant star

Shaw, hamstrings allowing, will be a good footballer .........this crap about kicking is only used on the targeted scapegoats, i can think of 6 other players who have crapped a delivery ....bunkum !

Not really criticising ......just observations of improvements he needs to make & can

Shaw we'll have to disagree on .....i like the lad A LOT!

But this board savaged Douglas & to a lesser degree Smith because he wasn't an instant star

Shaw, hamstrings allowing, will be a good footballer .........this crap about kicking is only used on the targeted scapegoats, i can think of 6 other players who have crapped a delivery ....bunkum !
As you know I supported Douglas in early years & always been a fan of Smith but Shaw still has a huge issue with being able to consistently kick the ball to team mate. My eyes don't lie. He needs to fix this in the sanfl before he is afl ready.

As you know I supported Douglas in early years & always been a fan of Smith but Shaw still has a huge issue with being able to consistently kick the ball to team mate. My eyes don't lie. He needs to fix this in the sanfl before he is afl ready.
Kane, Kane .....the kid still has no confidence in his body, his hamstrings ...and hasn't strung too many games on the trot

Give the guy a go .....as i said Danger when he came in was twice as bad, but that's always conveniently overlooked

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kane, Kane .....the kid still has no confidence in his body, his hamstrings ...and hasn't strung too many games on the trot

Give the guy a go .....as i said Danger when he came in was twice as bad, but that's always conveniently overlooked
Injury is not the reason for his kicking flaw.

The sanfl is the place for him to fix this not the afl.

Hope he does make it but right now he is not ready.

2013 Elimination Final.

Cometti and Bruce's comments at 10m28s made me smile.

EDIT: Big Footy really needs to allow youtube clip links that have a start time set...

That's not what she said. She said there shouldn't be compensation for free agency and there shouldn't be. Getting the salary cap freedom is the upside you receive.

That being said, there BETTER still be compo if we lose Danger.
The AFL is allowing players to change teams without any compensation and this is only going to allow the strong clubs to get better. There has to be a form of compensation that is equal to the value of the player, if the AFL doesnt want to give the picks then the team who gets the player needs to compensate the team who lost him.

Ill tell you what, if we get Gibbs there is going to be a few people,on the forum who are gonna needs to eat some crow about how we only ever loose players to the come home factor than we gain. Montfries, Betts, Polec and then Gibbs coming back to SA in two years is a big gain for both teams.

I too have always rated shaw.

I especially liked the look of him as a half forward late in the 2012 season. That role may suit him if his kicking issues are a permanent issue.

The AFL is allowing players to change teams without any compensation and this is only going to allow the strong clubs to get better. There has to be a form of compensation that is equal to the value of the player, if the AFL doesnt want to give the picks then the team who gets the player needs to compensate the team who lost him.

I think the view of compensation picks is that clubs shouldn't be rewarded for a player choosing to go. It defeats the purpose of FA. I agree with the view though that strong clubs will get stronger. The whole system needs to be looked at.

Good thing you said it so everyone can see what nonsense you spit out and disregard it.
Noone is overlooking anything, it's simply blatantly untrue.

Are you saying this because of their respective sizes, or because of the way they play?

just in the way he plays

IMO Hartigan will be a good match up on the quick leading KPF as this plays to his strengths, at this stage I dont see Kyle as that body to body KPD that can match a Cloke or J Brown type in a strength contest

just in the way he plays

IMO Hartigan will be a good match up on the quick leading KPF as this plays to his strengths, at this stage I dont see Kyle as that body to body KPD that can match a Cloke or J Brown type in a strength contest
But TSR isn't that our need ? ........Talia can cover the mobile type forwards, we need a good body player & i agree hartigan doesn't appear ATS to be that player ....as i said though the body & core can be developed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back