To Gibb or not to Gibb, thats the question.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
just in the way he plays

IMO Hartigan will be a good match up on the quick leading KPF as this plays to his strengths, at this stage I dont see Kyle as that body to body KPD that can match a Cloke or J Brown type in a strength contest
How many teams have 2x that type of player though?

I would have though Talia + Hartigan could cover most KPF combos.

Just on this issue where are we at with L Thomson. Are we really going to keep him on the list developing as a full back for this long - then not use him when Rutten goes?

I just don't understand this board sometimes.

We've conceded a record score from turnovers in the past 4 weeks, but turn our noses up at available skilled midfielders.

We have numerous players available as extractors, but a comparative lack of classy outsiders, yet somehow Gibbs wouldn't improve us.

Sometimes I think I've accidentally stumbled into Bay 13.

Stuff going for Gibbs, it's pendlebury or bust.

Hartigan looks like an absolute unit?

He is. Despite having spent 6 fewer years than Frawley in the AFL system, he's already listed as 93kg vs Frawley's 94kg. He also has 5 games of AFL experience to Frawley's 122, so I don't think we should be definitively saying he isn't going to be this, or that, just yet.

just in the way he plays

IMO Hartigan will be a good match up on the quick leading KPF as this plays to his strengths, at this stage I dont see Kyle as that body to body KPD that can match a Cloke or J Brown type in a strength contest
which Kyle are you talking about?

313575-tlsgallerylandscape.jpg

385427-74a37d34-4a70-11e3-b70d-0b9dc047f569.jpg

314690-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

I only know of Kyle "Road Train" Hartigan

Just hope brisbane stay down the bottom of the ladder for 2-3yrs.
My worry is his development in Brisbane will be akin to the early draft picks left to rot at Melbourne. Brisbane are in a really bad way, I think he was the biggest loser in the draft - not just in his fall from possible number 1/2, but where he ended up.

How many teams have 2x that type of player though?

I would have though Talia + Hartigan could cover most KPF combos.

Just on this issue where are we at with L Thomson. Are we really going to keep him on the list developing as a full back for this long - then not use him when Rutten goes?

Agree

Tails takes the body on body monster forward and Hartigan takes the lead up KPF however Frawley could take either and Both Harigan and Frawley could also pick up a mid-size forward

Talia, Hartigan and Frawley would give us great flexibility

Agree

Tails takes the body on body monster forward and Hartigan takes the lead up KPF however Frawley could take either and Both Harigan and Frawley could also pick up a mid-size forward

Talia, Hartigan and Frawley would give us great flexibility
Where do you see L Thomson mate, just can't work out what we're doing with him ?

He is. Despite having spent 6 fewer years than Frawley in the AFL system, he's already listed as 93kg vs Frawley's 94kg. He also has 5 games of AFL experience to Frawley's 122, so I don't think we should be definitively saying he isn't going to be this, or that, just yet.
Still early stages but Hartigan could be an absolute bonus and save us plenty. We need a No 2 man to Talia for when Truck retires. We've said that Frawley is on the radar. If Hartigan stands up the need isn't so great, even though Frawley is quality. Saves us significant dollars snd we can focus on other needs.

Delisting him
Really ? You reckon?

Why the hell have we had him on the list for this long, developing as a full back, only to delist him as Rutten retires.

I'm not saying I disagree with you - just that it will be yet another bit of stellar list management if they take that route

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still early stages but Hartigan could be an absolute bonus and save us plenty. We need a No 2 man to Talia for when Truck retires. We've said that Frawley is on the radar. If Hartigan stands up the need isn't so great, even though Frawley is quality. Saves us significant dollars snd we can focus on other needs.

Despite the fact he's a great defender, $800k a season for a full back with average disposal does seem to be an awfully high asking price.

Really ? You reckon?

Why the hell have we had him on the list for this long, developing as a full back, only to delist him as Rutten retires.

I'm not saying I disagree with you - just that it will be yet another bit of stellar list management if they take that route
He's the last big defender picked. I like him but there's no point on keeping him if we never pick him.

Really ? You reckon?

You need to have some decent draft picks to go around delisting everyone that has questionable AFL ability.

You need to have some decent draft picks to go around delisting everyone that has questionable AFL ability.
All I'm suggesting is that, as time runs down on Truck's career, surely we need a decision on Thomson. Either they thought he was good enough to one day replace truck - or if not then someone else should have been being groomed.

For mine he is yet another player left rotting that we really don't know much about.

All I'm suggesting is that, as time runs down on Truck's career, surely we need a decision on Thomson. Either they thought he was good enough to one day replace truck - or if not then someone else should have been being groomed.

For mine he is yet another player left rotting that we really don't know much about.
Compromised drafts have saved him.

Is a half decent break glass in emergency type which we actually needed in the 2012 finals series but will never be close to first choice.

Normal draft this year will be delisted.

Really ? You reckon?

Matthew Smith Board!

In b4 macca23 ;)

Really ? You reckon?

Purely as a depth player for insurance .....Hartigan removes the need for his retention

This years draft is a tall draft .....we'll go tall

L.Thompson for anyone knowing footy was never a chance to make it

We know everything about L.Thompson:
1. He has no body strength
2. He is in no-way a KPP ...he competes with Otten, Shaw & L.Johnston for a tall 3rd defenders role
3. He goes to ground quicker than my dog
4. He is soft, soft, soft ...........................................soft, soft ......makes LJ look like David Grainger

I just don't understand this board sometimes.

We've conceded a record score from turnovers in the past 4 weeks, but turn our noses up at available skilled midfielders.

We have numerous players available as extractors, but a comparative lack of classy outsiders,
yet somehow Gibbs wouldn't improve us.

Sometimes I think I've accidentally stumbled into Bay 13.

Stuff going for Gibbs, it's pendlebury or bust.
We want speed on the outside .....not another one-paced player

If Gibbs wasn't ex Adelaide we wouldn't be even discussing him

Has to be a tall defender in the reserves of an AFL club not getting a go ???? ......don't think we'll get Frawley UNLESS the team is 4th, 5th or 6th come years end ...then maybe a slight chance

We want speed on the outside .....not another one-paced player

If Gibbs wasn't ex Adelaide we wouldn't be even discussing him

Of course we wouldn't be discussing him, because he probably wouldn't be considering Adelaide as a destination.

We would all love Frawley, but unless we pay serious overs that no Vic side is willing to match, we're unlikely to get him.

The reason Gibbs is up for discussion is that getting him is a real possibility, not a pipe dream.

Really ? You reckon?

Has been security til Hartigan or siggins developed

Despite the fact he's a great defender, $800k a season for a full back with average disposal does seem to be an awfully high asking price.

Do you remember the days before truck when monster forwards would routinely abuse. As a club I reckon we added 3 years to Alastair Lynch's career.

I reckon truck has made us complacent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back