3DS The Nintendo 3DS Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Picked up a 3ds xl. So much better than the old 3ds. Almost finished pokemon x and I started playing LOZ oracle of the ages last night. The virtual console catalogue has grown abit since I last has a ds which is good

Comfortable and solid, but it depends on what games you plan on playing. It's not as great as the XL, but saving $100 is a perk.

Only thinking of trying Mario Kart 7, Ocarina of Time, the Mario game with the Raccoon suit and perhaps one of the newer Pokemon games. Is the 3D a requirement for any of these?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3D is nice on OoT and 3D Land. It's not a requirement though.

I never used 3D on Pokemon X or MK.

3D is pretty much a requirement in 3D Land as it uses 3D puzzles. Shame on you for not using 3D in MK, having bats fly out of your screen as you go around corners if fantastic.

3D is a huge feature Handsuper47, I'd even say it's a must have for the 3DS.

Picked up a 3ds xl. So much better than the old 3ds. Almost finished pokemon x and I started playing LOZ oracle of the ages last night. The virtual console catalogue has grown abit since I last has a ds which is good

The screen is better but it loses a lot of portability. I've been thinking of upgrading but not really willing to fork out extra.

3D is nice on OoT and 3D Land. It's not a requirement though.

I never used 3D on Pokemon X or MK.

Alright cheers!

3D is pretty much a requirement in 3D Land as it uses 3D puzzles. Shame on you for not using 3D in MK, having bats fly out of your screen as you go around corners if fantastic.

3D is a huge feature Handsuper47, I'd even say it's a must have for the 3DS.

I'm not a big fan of 3D, I think the effect is kind of annoying which is why I'm leaning towards the 2DS.

Alright cheers!

I'm not a big fan of 3D, I think the effect is kind of annoying which is why I'm leaning towards the 2DS.

That's fair enough, I think the 2DS has a lot of cons though even if you don't like the 3D. The 2DS is quite bulky and not very portable, I found it a bit uncomfortable to be honest. You don't have the option of using the circle pad pro as well I'm pretty sure. If you got a 3DS there's a slider so you can adjust using 3D or not.

If you do get a 2DS it's still a machine that has a great library of games but keep in mind that almost all of the games were developed to be played with 3D.

That's fair enough, I think the 2DS has a lot of cons though even if you don't like the 3D. The 2DS is quite bulky and not very portable, I found it a bit uncomfortable to be honest. You don't have the option of using the circle pad pro as well I'm pretty sure. If you got a 3DS there's a slider so you can adjust using 3D or not.

If you do get a 2DS it's still a machine that has a great library of games but keep in mind that almost all of the games were developed to be played with 3D.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks for the help.

Alright cheers!

Had a 3DS before it got a bit of water damage (Not my fault actually, brother dropped a cup of tea in my bag).

Managed to buy a second hand 2ds for only $80 as a replacement.

Personally I am finding the 2DS a lot more comfortable to hold, especially when playing for extended periods of time (The regular first generation 3DS really hurts your hands after you have played for an hour or two), Haven't had any issues with hand cramps or pain with the 2DS, its a lot more comfortable to hold.

That being said I haven't used an 3DSXL yet, apparently they are a rather comfortable fit as well.

Thought about getting a 2DS. Have an XL with a little bit of damage around the edge and will probably try and get that fixed up, just annoys me to look at it.

Would just be more comfortable carting the 2DS around when I'm out.

Thought about getting a 2DS. Have an XL with a little bit of damage around the edge and will probably try and get that fixed up, just annoys me to look at it.

Would just be more comfortable carting the 2DS around when I'm out.

Was that wear and tear or you just dropped it?

Was that wear and tear or you just dropped it?
Came out of my pockets on a pair of trackies and landed on the road when narrowly avoiding being cleaned up by a Mazda 3.

Couple of big scratches on the bottom corner and little ones all around the edges.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back