Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - It's Never Too Soon edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaff has at least come out and said he wants to stay as I recall. Lycett hasn't done that to my knowledge

True. I think this was a deliberate strategy by his management.

The risk of Lycett being poached probably increased his value, regardless if Cox was going to play on or not.

Also losing Lycett would be a bigger blow than losing gaff

Given that Gaff is one of our better midfielders, that is a hard call to make. Mind you, a good midfielder is easier to find than a good ruck.

Clarke would have to nominate for the draft and would not be classed as a free agent .

Correct, what you would have is a player that would make it clear he wants to be in WA. No other side would take him.

Your list doesn't address our midfield apart from the ruck. Waterman would not be a walk up start would he?
Marsh , Lockyer can hopefully add midfield depth and considering Sydney traded Mumford and white for picks in the 40s they will come cheap and an upgrade on Wilson and smith . We also have the draft . It was a realistic attempt at what we could actually get without selling the farm .

Lockyer and marsh are only 21 next year so it could be classed as a long term investment not quick fix .

Would it have made you happier if i said draft an 'A grade mid ' or throw arbitrary names around like dangerfield and Fyfe .

Some of us live in reality mate

Marsh , Lockyer can hopefully add midfield depth and considering Sydney traded Mumford and white for picks in the 40s they will come cheap and an upgrade on Wilson and smith . We also have the draft . It was a realistic attempt at what we could actually get without selling the farm .

Lockyer and marsh are only 21 next year so it could be classed as a long term investment not quick fix .

Would it have made you happier if i said draft an 'A grade mid ' or throw arbitrary names around like dangerfield and Fyfe .

Some of us live in reality mate
Calm your farm. I am merely asking you how your plan addresses our midfield shitness. Which it doesnt really and given that our forward line and defence aren't really the problem in our side the changes you suggests don't fix our problems.

You do get defensive don't do.

Higgins anyone?
Injuries aside he is a good decision maker with good disposal, just an outside mid only but one we are looking for.
Could come cheap as well, only 26/27

Calm your farm. I am merely asking you how your plan addresses our midfield shitness. Which it doesnt really and given that our forward line and defence aren't really the problem in our side the changes you suggests don't fix our problems.

You do get defensive don't do.

He had us taking the best available mid with our top-10 pick. There's not really any options that present themselves as a quick fix, unless you subscribe to one of the "just throw millions at Rockliff/Dangerfield/Fyfe and get them to break their contract" plans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't see it that way at all ...

The body language in response to "Hows that going?" was all positive

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
The last I heard was that the contract should be wrapped up in a fortnight, then in the presser he says hopefully he stays with us and we will find out before the end of the year, but hey I hope your right mate I can be a glass half empty type of guy at times !

The last I heard was that the contract should be wrapped up in a fortnight, then in the presser he says hopefully he stays with us and we will find out before the end of the year, but hey I hope your right mate I can be a glass half empty type of guy at times !
Apparently Vozzo is in Adelaide negotiating with his manager right now.

I'm not sure on Lockyer and Marsh.
http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/fo...2-Round-17-NT-Thunder-v-Sydney-Swans-Reserves

Marsh looks like he'll be delisted, and Lockyer might be lucky to get another year. Not sure how they add depth for us. If they end up playing we're completely screwed.

Those comments seem to be based on one reserves game. Would be surprised if either gets delisted - Swans will have a fair few older guys going out the door (LRT, Shaw, O'Keefe, possibly Malceski, possibly Goodes) so they won't have to make too many cuts.

Surely either of those guys would be an improvement on Smith or Brennan.

Those comments seem to be based on one reserves game. Would be surprised if either gets delisted - Swans will have a fair few older guys going out the door (LRT, Shaw, O'Keefe, possibly Malceski, possibly Goodes) so they won't have to make too many cuts.

Surely either of those guys would be an improvement on Smith or Brennan.
I think those guys follow the Swans reserves over the course of the season, so more than just one game. On what basis would you think they are better than Smith or Brennan? They haven't touched AFL football and the Swans have given youngsters shots this year as subs. Plus it's a decision of whether we use those spots on others who may end up having potential.

Our senior players are LeCras (28), Priddis (29), Kennedy (27), McKenzie (26), Brown (26), Schofield (26), Rosa (28), Hurn (27). The real question is do we envision a squad that is capable of challenging in the next 2-3 years? Because it scares me to think those guys will be retiring in 3 years time and the kids we have now will take over there spots.

Higgins anyone?
Injuries aside he is a good decision maker with good disposal, just an outside mid only but one we are looking for.
Could come cheap as well, only 26/27

He was talked about on 360 the other night, was interesting to hear the comments. They were saying they dont see him to have a position - hes an injury prone outside player who doesn't win his own ball and lacks the pace to be a damaging running defender. He doesn't have that hunger/attack on the ball and while undoubtedly has some very good skill.

He's almost a shorter version of Jack Watts. Just a pretty soft skillful outside receiver who lacks pace / intensity.

He was talked about on 360 the other night, was interesting to hear the comments. They were saying they dont see him to have a position - hes an injury prone outside player who doesn't win his own ball and lacks the pace to be a damaging running defender. He doesn't have that hunger/attack on the ball and while undoubtedly has some very good skill.

He's almost a shorter version of Jack Watts. Just a pretty soft skillful outside receiver who lacks pace / intensity.

We already have Wellingham, we don't need another soft player who lacks intensity.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't frawley an 'Unrestricted ' free agent ? Due to him not being in the top 20% highest paid players at his club this year .
From what I read he had a big front loaded contract and his last 2 years have been a lot less money .
Does this affect Melbournes compo ?
We need them to get a mid or end of first round as compo !
It would suck if we have pick 7-8 and brayshaw , laverde are gone
The AFL wants Melbourne to succeed and doesn't give a stuff about us. They would find a way to give Melbourne the highest picks possible. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back