The Official 2014 Non-Playoffs/Off Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

There were tears over here when Carlton kept finishing bottom of the ladder though...

Tears of laughter ;)
Yeah then tears of anger when we went up the ladder temporarily. :drunk:

Good luck to the Sixers if it works I guess. But gee, they're another franchise going in circles since their star left. While I never thought that Holiday, Turner, Young, Hawes etc would get them a title, I thought they would at least try to build around Holiday and Turner. Turner impressed me in the 2012 playoffs but never went anywhere.

Holiday, Turner, Iggy, Vucevic and Young versus Embiid, Bennett, Noel and Carter-Williams. Look obviously they didn't know what they had in Vucevic so we'll ignore him. I doubt Carter-Williams will come close to challenging a healthy Jrue Holiday, but I think Philly are definitely big winners in the long term with their big men, and in particular, Embiid and Noel. If both stay healthy and live up to the hype they could make Philly very formidable. If they don't work as a duo I'm sure they could land something worthwhile.

So they've basically taken a high risk, high reward approach over the same old low risk, low reward approach that surely would have left them treading water like Atlanta did with Joe Johnson and Josh Smith. I voiced my displeasure at teams treading water a month or so ago, so I won't criticise Philly. It's just blatant that's all. :p

The Sixers are an embarrassment.

Embarrassment to who exactly.

Good luck to the Sixers if it works I guess. But gee, they're another franchise going in circles since their star left. While I never thought that Holiday, Turner, Young, Hawes etc would get them a title, I thought they would at least try to build around Holiday and Turner. Turner impressed me in the 2012 playoffs but never went anywhere.

They did, they got Bynum. Turns out he was in line to make the All American Bowling First Team so they had to cut him loose.

Hey guys, how much does it cost for a league pass in 2015?

Went on the website but it says $26?

Hey guys, how much does it cost for a league pass in 2015?

Went on the website but it says $26?

Packages for 2014-2015 are not available yet. Last year they were available for purchase in September

That price is for access to the upcoming Team America games + the archived 2013-2014 stuff.

01-meme-from-iphonetextgenerator-590-940x590.jpg

03-meme-from-iphonetextgenerator-copy-590-940x590.jpg

04-meme-from-iphonetextgenerator-copy-590-940x590.jpg

05-meme-from-iphonetextgenerator-copy-590-940x590.jpg

06-meme-from-iphonetextgenerator-copy-590-940x590.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be oh so Wolvsian if we were effectively penalised for something Love and Cleveland agreed to illegally.

I don't like their chances of proving it, Woj Bomb or not, and I doubt Silver would wish to sink LeBron's homecoming.

Just to remind ourselves of what can happen, the Wolves lost four first round picks in the Joe Smith debacle.
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/01/nba-joe-smith-illegal-contract-timberwolves

It would be oh so Wolvsian if we were effectively penalised for something Love and Cleveland agreed to illegally.

I don't like their chances of proving it, Woj Bomb or not, and I doubt Silver would wish to sink LeBron's homecoming.

Just to remind ourselves of what can happen, the Wolves lost four first round picks in the Joe Smith debacle.
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/01/nba-joe-smith-illegal-contract-timberwolves
Won't happen, unless they Joe Smith it and actually sign a contract it's going to be near impossible to prove.

Won't happen, unless they Joe Smith it and actually sign a contract it's going to be near impossible to prove.

The Smith issue was not about what was signed, it was what was agreed verbally. The Love situation is potentially similar although it would require someone in either party to lose their mind and admit it.

I like Wiggins in Minnesota, going to be an excellent fit with Rubio.

I reckon they should keep Bennett, he had a s**t rookie season but there is some talent there provided he puts in the work.

Between Rubio, Wiggins, Dieng, Pek, LaVine, Muhammad there's quite a lot of exciting talent on the Wolves.

Also Messenger this would be good to hear, regardless of whether he has a choice or not.

Dieng is going to have a big year, book it. As will Pek. Rubio will continue to be rubbish until he can make a jumpshot. Second half of the year they where literally forcing him to shoot. Being a great passer can only get so far, especially when you're THAT one dimensional.

If I where the Wolves I'd actually ship him whilst his value is still relatively high.

Dieng is going to have a big year, book it. As will Pek. Rubio will continue to be rubbish until he can make a jumpshot. Second half of the year they where literally forcing him to shoot. Being a great passer can only get so far, especially when you're THAT one dimensional.

If I where the Wolves I'd actually ship him whilst his value is still relatively high.

Rubio's issue is finishing close to the rim, gets blocked a lot. As a three point shooter he's middle of the pack (33% last season). He's in the same wheelhouse as Monta Ellis, Trey Burke and Rudy Gay and ahead of Hayward, Westbrook, deRozan, Deng, Jimmy Butler, etc.

This is the analysis that goes beyond the standard ESPN one liner.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/courtvision-whats-the-matter-with-ricky-rubio/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back