Religion The God Question (continued in Part 2 - link in last post)

god or advanced entity?

• god

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • advanced entity

Votes: 21 60.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atheist majority countries like most of Scandinavian countries actually have the lowest crimes rates in the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Peace_Index

Also the Happiest:

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/09/09/business/earth-institute-world-happiness-rankings/

They're reported that way. And still 50% religious.

Take away religion completely and society would fall apart.

Where does good come from if not for God?

What is the meaning of life? Randomness?!

What should we tell our children about sex?

If there was no God, then why does creativity exist?

How did evolution know which course to take???

They're reported that way. And still 50% religious.

Take away religion completely and society would fall apart.

For that claim to be anything near true, there would need to be some observable trend.

Are you saying that at the moment that last religious person within a country dies/converts/leaves, that society would descend into anarchy?

Why is there a trend that shows irreligion is proportional to peace? (For the record, I think peace and irreligion are both related to education, rather than irreligion causing peace)

Where does good come from if not for God?

A good upbringing and a just society. I feel sorry for anyone who requires the idea of a god to stop them causing other beings harm.

What is the meaning of life? Randomness?!

"To enjoy the fruits of life," "to raise a family," "to make the world a better place," etc. Find your own meaning or purpose. I find any of those ideas more worthwhile than waiting 80 years to get into the afterlife.

What should we tell our children about sex?

What shouldn't we tell them (at the right age)?

If there was no God, then why does creativity exist?

It's a fairly inane question, there isn't a reason for creativity existing, it just does, it's part of who we are. There are plenty of irreligious musicians/artists/actors.

How did evolution know which course to take???

Evolution isn't a thinking being, it's a biological process, so again, your question is fairly inane.

How does the sun know to rise each morning?
How do the seasons know when to commence? etc.

Do religious schools not have science classes?

Yeah they do just not very good ones. Went to a Christian school, a couple of years before I went there a teacher got fired for teaching evolution as fact...

In what way?

Fully Atheist countries would be full of crime, depression, suicide etc.

It's easy to want a revolution, but once you succeed you then have to agree with everybody about the next step - this is where most societies in history fall down.
Would be? is that an assumption? Do you have any supporting evidence.

I'm an atheist and I hold better values than some christians.

If there was no God, then how would morality evolve into the world?

Because human beings decide to compromise and agree on certain values in order for society/community/the collective to be able to function properly? And these values evolve as society and communities evolve

Without organised religion, where would billions of people in the world get their social network, which is proven to provide a blanket of happiness and economic prosperity?

Without organised religion, where would billions of people throughout history get their persecution and indifference from? When it's proven that loads and loads of religion organizations throughout history has provided a blanket of pain, suffering, economical corruption and injustice?

Because human beings decide to compromise and agree on certain values in order for society/community/the collective to be able to function properly? And these values evolve as society and communities evolve

Plus there were morality based laws before religion, like murder and theft.

Plus there were morality based laws before religion, like murder and theft.

Murder and theft could be a good thing if under direction of God, so it's not black and white. If you need to steal to feed your family, then you can be forgiven. Atheist morals don't allow the same kind of flexibility and are more narrow. Long-term this poses problems with a changing world.

It's a fairly inane question, there isn't a reason for creativity existing, it just does, it's part of who we are. There are plenty of irreligious musicians/artists/actors.

Evolution isn't a thinking being, it's a biological process, so again, your question is fairly inane.

So you don't even have an answer to the creativity question ;) a bit if a challenging one eh? ;)

Evolution can't possibly explain something like morality, or our eyeball. Nothing is that intelligent except for God and His guiding hand during the process of evolution... Otherwise we'd all end up walking around with eyes in our backs and feet on our shoulders... Random selection. There must be some order and refined purpose.

LOL. I highly doubt that. Sorry.

There's a reason being a good person is synonymous with being a Christian.
Ok. Two christians at work, from a strong christian family.

Always late to work
Act dangerously at work
Laziest two individuals at work. (One is getting better)
Bad work attitudes
one of them is highly disrespectful
One of them is a compulsive liar.
One of them hates their job, everythings sucks attitude.

Another christian at work smokes weed

So for you to sit here and say, because I accept god into my heart, I'm immediately better than everyone else who doesn't, is total BS.
I'm sorry, but I've respected you coming in here and discussing christian values. But your comment there is so far of the mark it isn't funny.

So you don't even have an answer to the creativity question ;) a bit if a challenging one eh? ;)

Evolution can't possibly explain something like morality, or our eyeball. Nothing is that intelligent except for God and His guiding hand during the process of evolution... Otherwise we'd all end up walking around with eyes in our backs and feet on our shoulders... Random selection. There must be some order and refined purpose.
Why are christians so condescending? and arrogant towards atheists.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Murder and theft could be a good thing if under direction of God, so it's not black and white. If you need to steal to feed your family, then you can be forgiven. Atheist morals don't allow the same kind of flexibility and are more narrow. Long-term this poses problems with a changing world.

What if your family is hungry, and another family is hungry, and you steal their food to feed your own?

Ok. Two christians at work, from a strong christian family.

Always late to work
Act dangerously at work
Laziest two individuals at work. (One is getting better)
Bad work attitudes
one of them is highly disrespectful
One of them is a compulsive liar.
One of them hates their job, everythings sucks attitude.

Another christian at work smokes weed.

Then they're not Christians :)

LOL. I highly doubt that. Sorry.

There's a reason being a good person is synonymous with being a Christian.
Just because you're a christian doesn't make it so.
Sone if the biggest scumbag, hate filled racist bigots are christian you know? Actually most of thise people are;)

Just because you're a christian doesn't make it so.
Sone if the biggest scumbag, hate filled racist bigots are christian you know? Actually most of thise people are;)
Yeah its the dumbest argument ever. Christians are morally better than atheists. As if saying a few words makes you a moral person.

Who's to say Hitler, didn't; on his deathbead apologize for his wrongdoings and ask for forgiveness, and wind up in heaven.

Who's to say Hitler, didn't; on his deathbead apologize for his wrongdoings and ask for forgiveness, and wind up in heaven.

I'd like to believe Hitler would go to hell, since he was an atheist in life, but then everyone deserves God's love and forgiveness so it comes down to his judgment day and whether God thinks he purified his heart as a result of his actions or not.

But they've still accepted god into their heart, and god loves them unconditionally; right?

The greatest gift we have received is the gift of free will, which also means we are free to choose a oath away from God and make mistakes. Yes God loves everyone and asks them to stay on the right path, but we are not robots; we are all human with free will.

Transgressions are usually forgiven if pure hearted through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back