Religion The God Question (continued in Part 2 - link in last post)

god or advanced entity?

• god

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • advanced entity

Votes: 21 60.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Complaining about people having prejudice because they don't share your beliefs?
Aren't you the same person earlier in the thread going on about how Christians are better people then non believers?
As you said, grow up.
Your arrogant preaching is very tiresome.

You're right, that wasn't very Christian of me. Please accept my apologies.

I believe all people are good and bad things are essentially a roundabout way of causing something good to happen. That does throw up a few tough ones like the Holocaust, Plane crashes, Tsunamis etc. But I guess it all comes down to faith - if you want to believe then you'll need to overlook a few of these outliers since we know very little.

The irony of saying someone has prejudice when you subconsciously classify anyone who disagrees with you as an atheist, because they must be

There's only one person here that's being prejudicial and it's not the "atheists"

I'm sorry. All my friends are Christian, we talk about these things but you guys sound so definitive!

How does "Hitler", "priests fiddling with children" etc being all part of the good Lord's plan qualify as an "explanation"? What does "an explanation" mean for you?

I have faith that there is a greater cause to all these things beyond our comprehension abilities :)

Complaining about people having prejudice because they don't share your beliefs?
Aren't you the same person earlier in the thread going on about how Christians are better people then non believers?
As you said, grow up.
Your arrogant preaching is very tiresome.
Don't other groups like homosexual, environmental organisations, Animal Rights groups for a few act in identical ways to this preacher

I have faith that there is a greater cause to all these things beyond our comprehension abilities :)

Of course you do. You are entitled to pretend (i.e. believe without reason) that child molesting priests is just part of God's wonderful plan. You are not entitled to pretend that believing something without reason (having faith) is an explanation for anything.

On the other hand, those looking beyond God's weird and wonderful ways for an explanation for child molesting priests might think sex-starving said priests was at least one possible reason. But I guess you don't have to bother.

Of course you do. You are entitled to pretend (i.e. believe without reason) that child molesting priests is just part of God's wonderful plan. You are not entitled to pretend that believing something without reason (having faith) is an explanation for anything.

On the other hand, those looking beyond God's weird and wonderful ways for an explanation for child molesting priests might think sex-starving said priests was at least one possible reason. But I guess you don't have to bother.

Far out I have no idea how to reply these question, they're way over my head.

I'll ask some people for advice and come back to you guys tomorrow :thumbsu:

Far out I have no idea how to reply these question, they're way over my head.

I'll ask some people for advice and come back to you guys tomorrow :thumbsu:
Just out of curiosity, how old are you?
Reason that I ask this is because i've always thought there has been a pattern between age and tendency to hold belief (in the current generation anyway)

Just out of curiosity, how old are you?
Reason that I ask this is because i've always thought there has been a pattern between age and tendency to hold belief (in the current generation anyway)

Born after 1990, but married young. No kids. Currently sick hence started coming in here.

Interesting
Is your wife also religious, and do you think that is what made you want to marry young

Yes we met at Planetshakers, as for age to marry, possibly. We felt it was the right thing to do and everyone around us felt it was too, plus you know, it just makes life easier at this age with temptation etc, we decided since we planned to get married anyway, it's better to do it sooner rather than waiting 7-8 years. We were together 2.5 years prior, which is pretty long though.

Ps. She is more religious than me. I'm not into Jesus photos etc or too many ornaments it she loves that kind of stuff... Makes gift giving easier though :thumbsu:

Who are you to tell me who is Christian? You know nothing about religion, just another arrogant now-all atheist with prejudice against people like me. Grow up.
actyally most atheists have cone from religious backgrounds. and your logic sugests i could make the concious decision to kill a dozen people and it becomes a part of gods plan. you are a nut

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What thought process?
Their rationale behind belief, or in this guys case his rationale behind marrying so young and the role that religion played in it
I think thats more interesting to find out (regardless of whether you agree with his opinion or not) than just abusing a guy telling him God doesnt exist etc..

Their rationale behind belief, or in this guys case his rationale behind marrying so young and the role that religion played in it
I think thats more interesting to find out (regardless of whether you agree with his opinion or not) than just abusing a guy telling him God doesnt exist etc..

That would be interesting if it was genuine, we agree on that.

In my worldview yes, but to an atheist how do you explain these events?

Pretty simple explanation really, not limited to atheists or theists, people are just assholes who do assholic things, perfectly easy explanation. That might explain why non-religious people can be good people and religious people can be bad, coz they're all people, and good and bad is the luck of the draw

But in some Christians' world, bad things done by bad people happen because apparently this all knowing, all people, all seeing God who can save anyone, who can stop anything, intentionally allows these evil to happen so that some apparent intangible unseenable "good" can come outta these atrocities. That's not an explanation, that's just delusion

But in some Christians' world, bad things done by bad people happen because apparently this all knowing, all people, all seeing God who can save anyone, who can stop anything, intentionally allows these evil to happen so that some apparent intangible unseenable "good" can come outta these atrocities. That's not an explanation, that's just delusion
It's also a good question to ask, if religious leaders are here to do God's will, why are so many sex fiends and even more corrupt and driven by a money lust.

This goes for all religions. I can speak to god so I know what he wants and can access his power so that means I'm better than you and you should praise me as a demi-god. So give me your money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back