Mega Thread 2014 FA, Trades, Rumours and Facts (pre-draft thread).

Remove this Banner Ad

I am a huge Beams fan and he did have a great start to the season but fell away late. He is not a player I would trade for Cameron, trade Beams and you will only have two good midfielders trying to get the ball down to Cameron which won't happen a lot.

He will have a huge season next season if he isn't injured.

Yep, lets trade the bloke who is one of our four recognised a-graders because he doesn't show as much care as one of the remaining three does.

You know it makes sense.

Very unique for mids to get @30 possessions a game in a side isn't it? Rare as rocking horse shite.

Very unique for mids to get @30 possessions a game in a side isn't it? Rare as rocking horse shite.
Might not be all that unique nowadays but we're certainly aren't in position to trade the ones that do it on a regular basis while exerting a profound influence on our fortunes week in week out.

We must get a key defender in the off season that has experience. A big forward would be nice but we have invested in White and with Moore coming through next season, we will have to stick with our current forwards which I think is our best position on the field when in form and fit.

It pains me to see Frost who will be a gun be the number one defender and take such a huge responsibility. He is tired now but we have seen his best and we know what he can offer in the future with some support.

Our backline in 2015 with Keefe and Frost every week will be a disaster so I am hoping we can have Frawley and Brown with Frost playing as third man. To me that's a pretty exciting backline for 2015 and the future.

Operation: Get Frawley!
Getting Frawley will be detrimental to the club, his asking price is to high and he will hinder the development of young players coming through. Brown will be back next season then we will be able to rotate guys like Frost Keeffe and Marsh through that 2nd tall role so none of them burn out with Langdon and Scharenberg playing as the third tall

Is Morabito still injured? Could he be considered worth a trade target?
Freo have done too much for him sticking with him through so many injuries. I cant see him leaving.

Also Reid non negotiable? I'd be getting what we can for him while we still can!

we should have a crack at getting treloar from the giants. maybe even shiel
To get either of these two we would need to give up an elliot or beams cant see it happening, even if we tryed to offer up a package of say lamumba bumba and brown they would just laugh because neither would even be in there best 22 in a year or two. Id be hoping that a few of these players eventually get forced out due to not getting the money they deserve but even then gws arent gunna let them go for nothing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting Frawley will be detrimental to the club, his asking price is to high and he will hinder the development of young players coming through. Brown will be back next season then we will be able to rotate guys like Frost Keeffe and Marsh through that 2nd tall role so none of them burn out with Langdon and Scharenberg playing as the third tall

Marsh? Really?

I genuinely think he is a chance to be delisted at the end of the season. The guy is so far off getting an AFL game it's not funny, he has shown a bit of promise but if the club decided to keep him for next season, I doubt he would be playing an AFL game in 2015. In fact, I can't recall him being named much in the bests in the VFL this season at all.

A backline with Frost, Keefe and Marsh in the same team is extremely worrying and would have us in for and much tougher season than the one we are just having. At worst our back line should be Brown, Frost and Keefe, I would even go with just Brown and Frost with Langdon playing as third man.

Marsh? Really?

I genuinely think he is a chance to be delisted at the end of the season. The guy is so far off getting an AFL game it's not funny, he has shown a bit of promise but if the club decided to keep him for next season, I doubt he would be playing an AFL game in 2015. In fact, I can't recall him being named much in the bests in the VFL this season at all.

A backline with Frost, Keefe and Marsh in the same team is extremely worrying and would have us in for and much tougher season than the one we are just having. At worst our back line should be Brown, Frost and Keefe, I would even go with just Brown and Frost with Langdon playing as third man.

I take from that you have not seen Marsh play this year, he dominated the game where he got injured. He looked a bit lost at the start of the year when they played him as a forward but has looked at home in the backline. You must have a bad memory because out of the 14 games he has played he has been named in the bests 6 times. All those 6 games would have come when he was playing in the backline. I never said Marsh would be ready to play a full season next year, I was talking about rotating him in for a few games to give Keeffe and Frost a rest. I agree I would have Langdon or Scharenberg as the 3rd tall unless we were playing a very tall side.

Marsh? Really?

How many VFL games have you attended?

Marsh? Really?

I would have to disagree with you on marsh, he has been named in the best quite regularly he has elite pace think he was the second quickest in his draft year over 20 metres 2.85 or something, hes a good height and is very athletic, hes shown enormous improvement this year down back and is actually quite good 1 on 1, he has a long penetrating kick just needs to clean his disposal and decision making up abit but marsh is an outstanding prospect who could become anything and has the versatility to play forward on a wing or down back, with the improvement hes shown this year id put money on seeing him debut at some atage next year and becoming a vital player for our team, obviously you dont watch much of the vfl team as he has been one of our most consistent performers this year and had he not done his hammy would have been every chance to debut this weekend

I would have to disagree with you on marsh, he has been named in the best quite regularly he has elite pace think he was the second quickest in his draft year over 20 metres 2.85 or something, hes a good height and is very athletic, hes shown enormous improvement this year down back and is actually quite good 1 on 1, he has a long penetrating kick just needs to clean his disposal and decision making up abit but marsh is an outstanding prospect who could become anything and has the versatility to play forward on a wing or down back, with the improvement hes shown this year id put money on seeing him debut at some atage next year and becoming a vital player for our team, obviously you dont watch much of the vfl team as he has been one of our most consistent performers this year and had he not done his hammy would have been every chance to debut this weekend
His disposal has improved so much this year still a bit of work to go but I think he make good enough decisions when he has the ball it is just he doesn't execute all the time. But the thing is he breaks the lines and is a 100 meter player his disposal isn't great yet but he will get the ball on the back line take 3-4 bounces and kick it to the forwards one out

I agree he has an x factor about him and with the improvement hes shown i think his ceiling will possibly rival the eureka building, shame he got injured would have been good to see him get a taste this weekend, was rated a possible top 30 draft pick last year so glad he slid into our hands

Melbourne boy, home sick, i know we would need to give a package deal, what about, lumumba, brown, thomas, and a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him.

The thing is saying "here, have four things that are worthless to you" is not much more attractive than saying "have one thing that is worthless to you". GWS wouldn't see themselves playing Lumumba, Brown or Thomas, or using a draft pick in the 60s.

They might be deluded in their strategy, but for now they see their list as one that will improve significantly naturally without needing to pay to bring in average players to chock it up. If they really need older bodies for short term, they'll keep on targeting delisted players.

How many VFL games have you attended?

Around 5 and I was at the game where he got injured as well. Overall I don't think he will make it in the back line any time soon, he has a long way to go if he is to make it in the team.

I am sure he could get a game in our AFL team but that would just show where we are at as a football club and I don't think we are that low yet.

I may have overreacted a little bit by saying he is a chance to be sacked but I think if he gets a game in the AFL side as a defender next season, I would be disappointed. It's taken Gault three year on our list and he still hasn't got a game and I think he has shown more at VFL level than Marsh especially since he has come back from injury.

Marsh? Really?

Poor call re Marsh. With Martin, Karnezis and JT all missing 4-5 games I wouldn't be shocked to see him finish top 3 in our VFL B&F.

He's been ultra consistent since being moved down back with little to no support.

Poor call re Marsh. With Martin, Karnezis and JT all missing 4-5 games I wouldn't be shocked to see him finish top 3 in our VFL B&F.

He's been ultra consistent since being moved down back with little to no support.
I would be more than happy to be proven wrong on him next season and won't be complaining if he becomes a gun. All the best to the guy and I hope he recovers from that hammy in time for preseason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back