Mega Thread 2014 FA, Trades, Rumours and Facts (pre-draft thread).

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely, our midfield should be improving for the next two years and be absolutely top flight in 2016. We're in the short term pain phase of getting long term gains.

We must get a key defender in the off season that has experience. A big forward would be nice but we have invested in White and with Moore coming through next season, we will have to stick with our current forwards which I think is our best position on the field when in form and fit.

It pains me to see Frost who will be a gun be the number one defender and take such a huge responsibility. He is tired now but we have seen his best and we know what he can offer in the future with some support.

Our backline in 2015 with Keefe and Frost every week will be a disaster so I am hoping we can have Frawley and Brown with Frost playing as third man. To me that's a pretty exciting backline for 2015 and the future.

Operation: Get Frawley!

If we're playing Brown and Frawley in the backline, I think the third tall would be Keeffe. He has a lot more strings to his bow than Frost to complement those two players.

I hadn't noticed a real difference between Frost and Keeffe in terms of speed. I had noticed Keeffe is a better mark, has better decision making skills and is a much better kick. Whereas Frost is a much better one-on-one defender.

Frost would be the third tall,Keefe is to slow for mobile talls.Im hoping we land Frawley.
Keeffe is not slow. He is actually very mobile, incredibly so for a 204cm player.

Cam McCarthy from GWS is the man we should be chasing.
This kid has so much upside its unbelievable.
Was rated the 2nd best tall in last years draft.
He can play down back, up forward or on the wing.
He was 193cm and 83kg at time of the draft.
Excellent mark, huge leap, great defensive pressure.
Has a bit of Nat Fyfe about the way he plays.
Plus he is still only 19 yo.
Send Lumumba/Goldsack their way plus a fringe player or swap of draft picks.

Like the idea of inquiring after McCarthy. If we could get him for our 2nd rounder plus a Lumumba that would be a great pick up. Even with Patton going down, he's presumably still behind Cameron, Boyd, Tomlinson, etc.

McCarthy reminds me of a Gunston type, perhaps a slightly smaller Jack Riewoldt.

Would recruit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cam McCarthy from GWS is the man we should be chasing.
This kid has so much upside its unbelievable.
Was rated the 2nd best tall in last years draft.
He can play down back, up forward or on the wing.
He was 193cm and 83kg at time of the draft.
Excellent mark, huge leap, great defensive pressure.
Has a bit of Nat Fyfe about the way he plays.
Plus he is still only 19 yo.
Send Lumumba/Goldsack their way plus a fringe player or swap of draft picks.

Still Under contract and might want to go home to WA IF he Leaves

Can you please share the drugs you are obviously on?
Beams and Pendles would be the two non negotiables on our list.
Followed by Cloke and Reid(until his recent soft tissue injuries)
Reid is nowhere near a non-negotiable and would be the first one I'd be offering up as trade bait if anyone is dumb enough to offer us a first rounder followed by Witts.

Reid is nowhere near a non-negotiable and would be the first one I'd be offering up as trade bait if anyone is dumb enough to offer us a first rounder followed by Witts.

I agree, he is no where near a non negotiable. Every player has a price and can be traded for that price, Reid's price is just lower than the so called non negotiable players.

Having said that I wouldn't necessarily trade him for a first rounder all though he is as injury prone as players can get. We got him with a top 10 pick and have developed him in to a better player.

Reid and a 1st round pick (traded in somehow) for Cameron? I think that's a fair deal overall. I would be happy to keep Reid though, he is a good player and very important to us when fit but if GWS liked that deal I would do it in a heart beat.

I agree, he is no where near a non negotiable. Every player has a price and can be traded for that price, Reid's price is just lower than the so called non negotiable players.

Having said that I wouldn't necessarily trade him for a first rounder all though he is as injury prone as players can get. We got him with a top 10 pick and have developed him in to a better player.

Reid and a 1st round pick (traded in somehow) for Cameron? I think that's a fair deal overall. I would be happy to keep Reid though, he is a good player and very important to us when fit but if GWS liked that deal I would do it in a heart beat.
Yeah Reid is not someone you'd be willing to get rid of in a hurry but he isn't one of our non-negotiable players who are Pendles, Beamsy, Sidey and Cloke.
But at the same time we can't go forward relying on Reid being our second star KP player hence the need to get someone like Frawley to the Club.

Can you please share the drugs you are obviously on?
Beams and Pendles would be the two non negotiables on our list.
Followed by Cloke and Reid(until his recent soft tissue injuries)

Mids get a lot of possessions by virtue of being there. I'd give Beams up for Cameron in 2 seconds if Beams was willing because to be frank I don't think Beams shows enough care for the jumper. He should model himself after Pendlebury, not Swan.

He's not defensive enough. If he shows some desperation at the contest fine. But as it stands he is not hard enough and it's a poor example to be setting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back