Review AFL Round 22 autopsy - Hawthorn defeats Geelong by 23 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Weird game, I'd love to say we put the cue in the rack at half time but that is too disrespectful to the Hawks.
More accurate is we did what we have done all year and stopped at half time, difference is the Hawks are a good team and made us pay.

I can't remember a game where less players got near it or didn't have an impact in the 2nd half

Yep i agree. So many went missing, or when they got it the disposal was ineffective. Even McIntosh, looked like gold, but just was woeful in the end.

Duncan had 26 in the first half, 9 or so the rest of the game. We laid it up.....don't think we can play the queue in the rack story

What I heard:
A Constant booing noise during the whole game.

What I saw:
A good 1st half effort.
A terrible 2nd half effort.
Thurlow is best 22
Hawkins was good (broke even with Lake I thought). He's definitely not injured.
Lonergan thrashed Gunston
Hawthorn moved players around too much for us. Roughead and Hale good examples. Our rucks offered nothing up forward compared to theirs.
Our forward 50 entries seemed to be aimed at Hawks players.

Should just flood the backline in 3rd quarters from now on. Whatever the plan is for 3rd quarters is we just cant stop teams from getting a run on. Maybe play man on man? I don't know. We stand off players too much at the center bounce

Ok at least the side know now what they have to do to win in September

We all knew hawthorn are a better side
What we did not want to see is us scrapping in with a win and then thinking everything is alright with the side

Do say 10 unanswered goals is humiliating.
An humiliating lesson which we learn from , either how to play better or where in the off season changes are needed.

Before the game I said I was indifferent about the result.

Stuff that. You let a team kick 10 goals in a row you're not fair dinkum.

Swallow the dead rubber talk all you want. We are cooked.

Fire away! :D

Were cooked regardless. No way we were beating Swans, Freo or Port in finals. Only chance was against Hawks and after that inept, gutless pathetic display tonight we won't be beating them either now.

Is that a euphemism for 'Man'scaping? ;)

I think we need to put this into perspective guys. Could we just all think about the fact that BOTH Cats + Hawks are BOTH 16 wins + 5 losses + only the % separates us?

We've had a terrific year! + sure it's not like 2007 to 2011, but we have half the team we had then!

I'm thrilled to see us play the way we did in the first half! We know what we have to do to improve! Let's just take a breath + see how we go in Finals!

Seriously! If there are too many Drama Queens tonight, I will let JUBJUB lose on all you suck up losers!
Nah its a euphemism for cutting the front lawn.

If we don't have the fitness to go for 4 qtrs, it aint tactical. Raises the question as to why. Do we just have too many younger & now older players without the necessary longer time fitness base, or has it been crappy preparation?
What do you think it is McW?

What about Johnno, in the equation? + I lolled at Scotty when asked if he is the difference, Scotty said "He thinks he is!" + CS hopes Johnno will play the first week of the finals ;)

Back to the serious stuff McW, what do you think it is? :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm with you Trek! If we'd won the Poos+Wees would come out in Finals for WAR!!! Now it's the other way around! Poos+Wees feeling confident + you know what happens when the Cats 'occasionally' lose?

Precisely my sentiment.. Squishy...
It was good loss to have... for the reasons you stated
The Cats showed enough early...
They weren't exactly going flat out in the 2nd half
They won't take the foot off the gas in September
I still believe they can get the job done in the finals

Are you serious?

Ffs there really is some people who have no idea of football; how to play it or the ability of others.

You sir, are one of those

Says the poster who came out after the Sydney game to said the list is hopeless, coach is hopeless - going nowhere etc. I can find it for you if you like.

Not a fan of Chris Scott's press conference. Clearly looking forward to week 1 final v Hawthorn. Um, still need to beat Brissy to guarantee that (if Freo win their last two)
Now nervous as hell that we'll lose that...!

playing brisbane last game of the season will be a perfect preparation leading up to finals, just like it was for us last year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back