Zimbabwe Tri Series: Australia/South Africa/Zimbabwe

Remove this Banner Ad

Why? There is no reason he can't slot in at 4, Bailey at 5 and Maxwell at 6. Looks more balanced to me with Bailey/Maxwell more able to come in and clout them late

I was more thinking when Clarke is fit, would be Clarke 4 and Bailey 5, but while Clarke is out they could have him at 4 if they wanted to try it.

I was more thinking when Clarke is fit, would be Clarke 4 and Bailey 5, but while Clarke is out they could have him at 4 if they wanted to try it.
Oh yeah no doubt, when Clarke is fit he probably gets squeezed out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of everything from Starc that over. If he could ever get his act together he'd be one of the premier bowlers in the game.
Having never seen Bruce Reid, Starc is kind of what I imagine.

it feels like starc is currently in the position MJ was about 18 months ago ie some people are implying he's a liability in the OD team or some rubbish
More like 2007 MJ. Played a few test matches and flashed some potential but still sprays it around too much. 18 months ago Johnson still had 200 test wickets on his record

More like 2007 MJ. Played a few test matches and flashed some potential but still sprays it around too much. 18 months ago Johnson still had 200 test wickets on his record

Starc's test record has little to do with his ODI record.

He's pretty much second bowler selected in our ODI team.

Starc's test record has little to do with his ODI record.

He's pretty much second bowler selected in our ODI team.
I'm talking about career progression. Similarly, MJ was fairly well established in the ODI side by about 2007 also.

Johnson wasn't in our 2007 world cup team.
He was a bit older back then than Starc is now.
For some reason I thought the attack was Tait, Mcgrath and Johnson after Lee did his knee. Was Bracken the third seamer I'm thinking of?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back