Wii/U Super Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS

Remove this Banner Ad

Criticise them for a lack of ambition if you want. But Sheppard is a horrible choice for a Nintendo branded fighter.

Maybe Lara Croft should join the fight as well? There was one Tomb Raider game on the Wii. Or Crash or Spyro?

Sheppard is an iconic figure for games that are mostly on other consoles. He hasn't been around as long as snake so no dice. Mass Effect 3 was a port 12 months after the game was released.

And people absolutely but games based on feel. Mechanics need to be sound obviously. But mood is very important and Smash Bros doesn't need Sheppard and he honestly doesn't fit.

Pokemon/Fire Emblem are Nintendo IP they don't need a time period to elapse before they are eligible. Xenoblade was published by Nintendo.

Again tough t***ies. Try harder next time.
The point is, you're kidding yourself if you think there's a risk associated with including a Shepard or an Edward Kenway. It might upset fanboys like yourself who love the pure Nintendo feel, but the reality is, it's just a video game; a form of entertainment, and the vast majority of people who buy the are looking for something fun to do. Shepard being a character isn't going to ruin anyone's' fun, not unless you're a sad, Nintendo tragic who doesn't care about the gameplay, and derive pleasure solely from looking at a roster brim with Nintendo Characters.

Spyro must have 5+ games on Nintendo Consoles, some of which date back to the Gamecube. I bet if they included him, nobody would be complaining, and you'd all be arguing how he easily merits a spot over other suggestions.

The point is, you're kidding yourself if you think there's a risk associated with including a Shepard. It might upset fanboys like yourself who love the pure Nintendo feel, but the reality is, it's just a video game; a form of entertainment, and the vast majority of people who buy the are looking for something fun to do. Shepard being a character isn't going to ruin anyone's' fun, not unless you're a sad, nintendo tragic anyway.

Spyro must have 10+ games on Nintendo Consoles (possibly more than Sonic?), some of which date back to the Gamecube. I bet if they included him, nobody would be complaining, and you'd all be arguing how he easily merits a spot over other suggestions.

I'm not a Nintendo fan boy though. If anything I'm a Sony one and I have a far great connection to Jak & Daxter than I do Mario.

You basically want to reskin Smash Bros as "Gaming Legends Battle Royale" throw in every character that you like and kick out ones you don't care about like the ones that you spoilered. You keep throwing them in and then it becomes something else. So you basically want a different game and you are fighting it out with a bunch of people who want the same game.

I never said that there was a risk associated with Sheppard. The game itself would be fine, one bad character never destroyed a fighting game.

I'm not a Nintendo fan boy though. If anything I'm a Sony one and I have a far great connection to Jak & Daxter than I do Mario.

You basically want to reskin Smash Bros as "Gaming Legends Battle Royale" throw in every character that you like and kick out ones you don't care about like the ones that you spoilered. You keep throwing them in and then it becomes something else. So you basically want a different game and you are fighting it out with a bunch of people who want the same game.

I never said that there was a risk associated with Sheppard. The game itself would be fine, one bad character never destroyed a fighting game.
It's not about me wanting the characters I like in the game, because I personally don't care about Shepard. It's about including big, surprising characters which in-turn, generates hype & excitement among the gaming community.

The core of the roster should still be Nintendo-oriented, because that's part of what originally defined the series, however I see little merit in including characters like WiiFit Trainer, who isn't going to win any neutrals over.

It's not so much "Gaming Legends Battle Royale" that I'm advocating, rather a "Smash Bros with(vs?) Gaming Legends"

It's not about me wanting the characters I like in the game, because I personally don't care about Shepard. It's about including big, surprising characters which in-turn, generates hype & excitement among the gaming community.

The core of the roster should still be Nintendo-oriented, because that's part of what originally defined the series, however I see little merit in including characters like WiiFit Trainer, who isn't going to win any neutrals over.

It's not so much "Gaming Legends Battle Royale" that I'm advocating, rather a "Smash Bros with(vs?) Gaming Legends"
I wouldn't be against a couple of established Street Fighter characters being involved. Street Fighter II was a huge SNES game, after all.

i dunno how the deal with konami/kojima worked for snake, but I'd LOVE to see both simon belmont and goemon in these games. i think of those guys as classic nintendo characters. not the later anime simon either, but like up-resed super castlevania iv simon:

303139-castlevania_4_snes_screenshot4.jpg

The only character I really wanted was Banjo-Kazooie. Would have been a perfect fit.

Rayman and Layton would work.

The only reason I'd ever use Sheppard is if he was Metaknight tier. But he'd be the worst stylistic fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mass Effect dude. Is as related to Nintendo in any capacity as Alex the Kidd or Ryu from Shenmue. Derp.

There's no point discussing the game with him. He doesn't understand a single thing of what it's supposed to be.

Spoilers related to potential unrevealed characters:
I'm hoping Wario does make a return because he's awesome. Game & Watch I don't care about. Ganondorf is pretty cool. Dark Pit needs some variety to be worth anything.

Mass Effect dude. Is as related to Nintendo in any capacity as Alex the Kidd or Ryu from Shenmue. Derp.

There's no point discussing the game with him. He doesn't understand a single thing of what it's supposed to be.

Spoilers related to potential unrevealed characters:
I'm hoping Wario does make a return because he's awesome. Game & Watch I don't care about. Ganondorf is pretty cool. Dark Pit needs some variety to be worth anything.
You really are a cretin. Just ignoring my previous arguments & taking cheap shots.

Isn't that what you always do though?
Who's argument have I ignored?

I've addressed just about everything thrown me way in this thread, but rather than properly respond, it's just ignored by resident fanboys LCynic & The Speaker, who would rather insist I don't get it than actually discuss it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back