Wii/U Super Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would you like in the game that isn't involved? There' so many characters I'm not sure if I can think of anyone else I'd want. Moot point anyway, I think I know who I'll be using mostly now.
Shepard from Mass Effect
Maxwell from Scribblenauts
Edward from Assassin's Creed 4
Bayonetta
Death from Darksiders 2
Travis Touchdown
Jack Cayman from Madworld

All of them would be far better alternatives to Wii Fit Trainer, Charizard, some of the leaked characters, etc. Just my opinion of course.

Last edited:
Shepard from Mass Effect
Maxwell from Scribblenauts
Edward from Assassin's Creed 4
Bayonetta
Death from Darksiders 2
Travis Touchdown
Jack Cayman from Madworld

All of them would be far better alternatives to Wii Fit Trainer, Charizard, some of the leaked characters, etc. Just my opinion of course.
Most of those don't fit Smash Bros.

They would have suited the Sony one better but that's partly why it was no good, had no Nintendo charm.

They would have suited the Sony one better but that's partly why it was no good, had no Nintendo charm.
That's what I was thinking. This is definitely not the franchise GB should be paying attention to.

and Wii Fit Trainer does? Snake?

How is a character like Shepard any less appropriate for Smash Bros than Snake? Shepard would have a more viable moveset for this type of game if anything.

The Sony Ripoff sucked because the gameplay was total utter shite.
That's what I was thinking. This is definitely not the franchise GB should be paying attention to.
I've been playing Smash Bros since the first game, and have probably logged 1000 times more hours into the franchise than you, sunshine, and unlike most people in this thread, I couldn't care less about whether characters are Nintendo or not; the most important factor by far is the gameplay.

Wii Fit trainer is typical Nintendo so it makes sense.

Snake was in it once, didn't fit and now won't be back.
Wii Fit trainer represents everything wrong about the Wii from the perspective of a hardcore gamer.

As for Snake, what do you mean he didn't fit? I didn't see too many complain about his addition, and announcing him in the first trailer generated buzz, and got people thinking "if they can get Snake, the possibilities are endless! Who's next?!"

Not to mention...
the leaker confirmed he's coming in the form of DLC

There was a huge amount of traffic. My prayers go out to employees at EB Games who would have been inundated with calls from customers who couldn't get through.

They need to get their s**t together.

Every time something goes up for pre order like this their site crashes. Same s**t happened with the Titanfall LE. Now they are saying it will be put up for pre order some time next week but they don't even know the date yet.

It's nice of critics to assume they know everything about a new character they haven't played. The same characters who have been played by idiots without a clue in Youtube videos.
Who's assuming? Wii-Fit Trainer could be one of the most well-designed characters in the game as far as the movepool goes; it doesn't mean I agree with the idea of the character.

d, I couldn't care less about whether characters are Nintendo or not; the most important factor by far is the gameplay.
Who's assuming? Wii-Fit Trainer could be one of the most well-designed characters in the game as far as the movepool goes; it doesn't mean I agree with the idea of the character.
>I care about the gameplay not character
>Wahhh why is this character here I don't agree

As a 'hardcore' gamer, you should probably be quiet and stick to your 'hardcore games'.

Smash is a party game celebrating Nintendo, don't treat it differently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

>I care about the gameplay not character
>Wahhh why is this character here I don't agree

As a 'hardcore' gamer, you should probably be quiet and stick to your 'hardcore games'.

Smash is a party game celebrating Nintendo, don't treat it differently.
Another feisty, militant Nintendo Fanboy I see.

I'm criticizing the roster for lacking ambition & not having any exciting inclusions that generate buzz.

As for your 'hardcore' gamer remark, clearly your comprehension skills aren't up to scratch. Smash Bros is a hardcore game, all I said was that they're including a character that represents what mums like about the Wii.

Smash is a party game for Nintendo Fanboys like yourself. For myself & many others, it's a unique competitive fighting game & should be marketed as such; that is, if they want more people to buy the WiiU.

Last edited:
I've been playing Smash Bros since the first game, and have probably logged 1000 times more hours into the franchise than you, sunshine, and unlike most people in this thread, I couldn't care less about whether characters are Nintendo or not; the most important factor by far is the gameplay.

This comment really makes you sound like a dick.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, champ.

I've really been struggling to sleep knowing you have spent so much more time on SSB's than myself or anyone else on these forums.

=(

I've really been struggling to sleep knowing you have spent so much more time on SSB's than myself or anyone else on these forums.

=(
I get tired of constantly being told that "this game isn't for me" or "just play a different game" because I'm criticizing one aspect of the game, despite having logged thousands of hours into the franchise.

Same applies to just about every game; criticize anything and you'll get the old "this game clearly isn't for you". Typical gaming community.

Smash Bros is a hardcore game
Smash is a party game for Nintendo Fanboys like yourself. For myself & many others, it's a unique competitive fighting game & should be marketed as such; that is, if they want more people to buy the WiiU.
Smash isn't definitively a hardcore game. It does have it's scene, I get that. Hell, I used to play competitively and pay attention to movesets, the metagame or whatever its called and all that. But the game can't just be marketed towards the hardcore, there are the casual fans who will pick it up because it has Mario, Samus, Link, the big Nintendo franchise characters, and you can pit them towards each other. Then there's the outside fighters like Mega Man, Pacman (I don't know if Pacman has an huge, passionate fanbase but whatever), Sonic who to casual gamers, really tie the game up. An extensive roster, while still having some 'jokey' characters, is what Smash Bros is at heart.

I mean, the guy who is using Falcon here is one of the best Smash Bros fighters around, and look at the reaction. The game is a multi-faceted fighter, for sure, but no one can say that it is just that and dismiss everyone who wants to pick it up because they want to see what happens when you throw characters from different series' against each other.

Last edited:
Smash isn't definitively a hardcore game. It does have it's scene, I get that. Hell, I used to play competitively and pay attention to movesets, the metagame or whatever its called and all that. But the game can't just be marketed towards the hardcore, there are the casual fans who will pick it up because it has Mario, Samus, Link, the big Nintendo franchise characters, and you can pit them towards each other. Then there's the outside fighters like Mega Man, Pacman (I don't know if Pacman has an huge, passionate fanbase but whatever), Sonic who to casual gamers, really tie the game up. An extensive roster, while still having some 'jokey' characters, is what Smash Bros is at heart.

I mean, the guy who is using Falcon here is one of the bet Smash Bros fighters around, and look at the reaction. The game is a multi-faceted fighter, for sure, but no one can say that it is just that and dismiss everyone who wants to pick it up because they want to see what happens when you throw characters from different series' against each other.
I understand that, however I still don't see how including characters like Shepard from Mass Effect or Edward Kenway from Assassins Creed would make the game any worse than it is with the likes of Wii-Fit Trainer & some of the aforementioned leaked characters. If anything, it would help sell more units.

With the WiiU in the state it's in right now, I don't think this Smash Bros Game should be anything less than an extremely ambitious, bombastically awesome fighting game capable of getting all forms of gamers excited, which is what Melee & Brawl were. What I see with this new game is a tame effort; one of the reasons being the lack of big/surprising additions to the character roster.

It might not be a definitively hardcore game, but I think it could only be beneficial if they marketed the game a bit more to a wider gaming audience, as opposed to Nintendo Fans only.

Last edited:
Maybe they wanted to get Shepard but Bioware wouldn't allow it?
Bayonetta seems an obvious one, maybe we'll see some DLC with her later on? We've seen DLC on MK8, so perhaps Nintendo is going down that path.

At least Snake has a bit more of a connection to Nintendo than other characters you've suggested though, I mean ME was an Xbox Exclusive for a long time, and personally I wasn't aware it was even on the Wii.

Most of the other characters you mentioned I've never heard of, so I can't comment on them.

Maybe they wanted to get Shepard but Bioware wouldn't allow it?
Bayonetta seems an obvious one, maybe we'll see some DLC with her later on? We've seen DLC on MK8, so perhaps Nintendo is going down that path.

At least Snake has a bit more of a connection to Nintendo than other characters you've suggested though, I mean ME was an Xbox Exclusive for a long time, and personally I wasn't aware it was even on the Wii.

Most of the other characters you mentioned I've never heard of, so I can't comment on them.
Appearing as a character in Smash Bros is like a free promotion; Melee single-handedly brought the Fire Emblem Series to the West simply for having Marth & Roy as characters. I find it extremely hard to believe EA would refuse.

Also, I just remembered; Namco are co-developing the game, so it begs the question,
why is there only one Namco Character?(Pacman).

They own two of the biggest fighting game franchises in Tekken & SoulCalibur, both of which have appeared on Nintendo consoles, the Tales Series, which has had big success on Nintendo Consoles & other little series' with characters that fit into the Smash Bros aesthetic like Klonoa, Baiten Kaitos etc.

I understand that, however I still don't see how including characters like Shepard from Mass Effect or Edward Kenway from Assassins Creed would make the game any worse than it is with the likes of Wii-Fit Trainer & some of the aforementioned leaked characters. If anything, it would help sell more units.

With the WiiU in the state it's in right now, I don't think this Smash Bros Game should be anything less than an extremely ambitious, bombastically awesome fighting game capable of getting all forms of gamers excited, which is what Melee & Brawl were. What I see with this new game is a tame effort; one of the reasons being the lack of big/surprising additions to the character roster.

It might not be a definitively hardcore game, but I think it could only be beneficial if they marketed the game a bit more to a wider gaming audience, as opposed to Nintendo Fans only.

Personally I am rather excited by some of the upcoming inclusions (Robin, Megaman and Little Mac should all be incredibly fun characters to use),

Not sure that the likes of Edward or Bayonetta would really fit in with the charm of Super Smash Brothers (With the exception of Snake who doesn't appear to be coming back), That being said Maxwell would be an great inclusion to the roster and would have the potential to have a very vast moveset.

Personally I am rather excited by some of the upcoming inclusions (Robin, Megaman and Little Mac should all be incredibly fun characters to use),

Not sure that the likes of Edward or Bayonetta would really fit in with the charm of Super Smash Brothers (With the exception of Snake who doesn't appear to be coming back), That being said Maxwell would be an great inclusion to the roster and would have the potential to have a very vast moveset.
It's all well & good to be excited if you're a Nintendo fan, however for neutrals like myself, inclusions like those are underwhelming & lack that surprise factor.

Now is as good as any time to start breaking the mold a bit, and if including characters that don't fit in with the perceived 'charm' are a way to get people more excited, then I say by all means go for it.

What they really should've done was do what Smash Bros Brawl unintentionally did; have custom textures/characters:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php

That would've been a huge step forward in the franchise and would've blown peoples' mind. Didn't have the guts of course.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back