Mega Thread Trade Targets 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mixed messages. He has agreed to come on a 3 year deal with the 3rd being incentive based. I don't see how that can be misunderstood!!! If he stays fit he gets the 3rd year, if not he doesn't stay fit he won't trigger the 3rd year. Pretty simple I would have thought!!!

Don't get snippy .........

You wrote "3-year deal on the table" not "agreed to a 3-year deal" so you have to accept your wording was confusing.

Pretty simple I would of thought !!

Higgins is a decent enough pick-up, even if he is a touch on the slow side. Not overly thrilled but as others have indicated he's an upgrade on plenty of players getting regular games.

And this is what we really need I think. It's a pick-up that will leave me feeling, like you, not overly thrilled, but definitely satisfied.

Regardless - that makes it clearer MS3... so if he's agreed then its just a case of a) will Dogs meet the offer (unlikely) and b) waiting until FA opens before signing the deal/announcing officially.

Think Higgins would sit comfortably in our Top 20 players - a big upgrade on one of our guys in that 20-25 range, which is where we're currently let down.

Don't get snippy .........

You wrote "3-year deal on the table" not "agreed to a 3-year deal" so you have to accept your wording was confusing.

Pretty simple I would of thought !!

Seems like a lot of people seem to get snippy with you..........Comes time you have to answer............Is it them or is it me?

Food for thought. :)

No mixed messages. He has agreed to come on a 3 year deal with the 3rd being incentive based. I don't see how that can be misunderstood!!! If he stays fit he gets the 3rd year, if not he doesn't stay fit he won't trigger the 3rd year. Pretty simple I would have thought!!!

Come on stop making sense Marc Shmurf 3 ;)

Seems like a lot of people seem to get snippy with you..........Comes time you have to answer............Is it them or is it me?

Food for thought. :)

Always me, don't be under any misapprehension there.

It's what happens when you ask questions, people don't like it.

Should point out that if people wrote clearer posts it would help us all too but that is not always that easy with forums.

Another one for you and ill try to make it as understandable as possible. The club is seriously considering picking up Ahmed Saad as a rookie or a late selection in the draft. That is still being worked out depending on the trade. Mick is a huge fan.
i actually thought mick would like him a couple of weeks ago. hope we get, would be second chance :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another one for you and ill try to make it as understandable as possible. The club is seriously considering picking up Ahmed Saad as a rookie or a late selection in the draft. That is still being worked out depending on the trade. Mick is a huge fan.

Well done, easy to follow and no ambiguity as well.

Not a huge fan of Saad and wouldn't snag him but I trust Malthouse's judgement ahead mine or anyone elses, he knows what he needs and how to structure a list to win.

Think Higgins would sit comfortably in our Top 20 players - a big upgrade on one of our guys in that 20-25 range, which is where we're currently let down.

slotting him into our fwd line would be very nice. both he and menzal as those middle size fwds and spend a little bit of time on the ball. injuries are his only concern.

Not a bad option... he knows the system and has played for our ressies in the past so could slot in nicely - especiallly with Jeffy going (gone, rather).

187 goals from 103 games for a small forward is pretty handy. Removing stats from this year, his lowest return bar his debut season is 29 in 2012. Two times he's had 40+ goals and once 39. Must keep. Can we start a #KeepJeffy thread?

Unfortunately small forwards who can't do meaningful time in the middle because they don't have a big enough tank and are way too small physically, along with flakey and inconsistent defensive efforts aren't going to improve our list.

That he does Sheik. That he does.

For us to get seriously into premiership mode, we need an absolute minimum of 30 'senior ready' players, Malthouse upped that number to 34 in one of his pressers earlier this year.

I reckon we only have about 20-22 at present (I'm factoring in losing Waite & Casboult) so everytime we bring in a Higgins type, we bump it up by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back