List Mgmt. 2014 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Could we Maybe trade Crozier and Sheridan as a package deal to get between pick 4-8 to pick up Christian Pertracca wonderful midfielder who can kick goals i think he is 188cm 87kg big fella, hes a Vic boy but is a Fremantle supporter.

So the top two Victorian mids to get taken in this draft are both Freo fans that is extraordinary. Must have been before the boring Ross Lyon gameplan.

Am I allowed to bump this thread yet? I updated my phantom draft during the week. And now have Fremantle with...

14. Fremantle - Hugh Goddard (196cm, 93kg defender/forward from Geelong Falcons, VIC)
34. Fremantle - Brenden Abbott (185cm, 92kg midfielder/defender from Claremont, WA)
52. Fremantle - Brenton Payne (193cm, 76kg forward from Western Jets, VIC)

Goddard is a big and athletic KPP best suited down back, who was considered a top 3 pick at the start of the year but has dropped a little. Abbott is a big and athletic midfielder, 19 year old with lots of talent but missed last year due to question marks over his fitness and commitment - Max Duffy anyone? And Payne is a third tall forward similar to Chris Mayne, skinny and raw but good defensively.

Am I allowed to bump this thread yet? I updated my phantom draft during the week. And now have Fremantle with...

14. Fremantle - Hugh Goddard (196cm, 93kg defender/forward from Geelong Falcons, VIC)
34. Fremantle - Brenden Abbott (185cm, 92kg midfielder/defender from Claremont, WA)

Goddard is a big and athletic KPP best suited down back, who was considered a top 3 pick at the start of the year but has dropped a little. Abbott is a big and athletic midfielder, 19 year old with lots of talent but missed last year due to question marks over his fitness and commitment - Max Duffy anyone? And Payne is a third tall forward similar to Chris Mayne, skinny and raw but good defensively.

Are we trading Deboer and pick 18 to Geelong for pick 14? ;)

Any Tasmania's or Pearce's out there a likely addition to our ranks?.

Goddard is a big and athletic KPP best suited down back, who was considered a top 3 pick at the start of the year but has dropped a little.
This might be a hard question to answer, but is there any correlation to how a draftees change in form affect their AFL output.? For example do highly rated 17 year olds who drop in form continue to drop in the AFL, or do unknown 17 years who have a great draft year go on to be great AFL players?

Abbott is a big and athletic midfielder, 19 year old with lots of talent but missed last year due to question marks over his fitness and commitment - Max Duffy anyone?
We do seem to like 19 year olds, I believe Suttcliffe, Duffy, Wood, Ballard and Taberner were all a year older than most of the other draftees in their year.

This might be a hard question to answer, but is there any correlation to how a draftees change in form affect their AFL output.? For example do highly rated 17 year olds who drop in form continue to drop in the AFL, or do unknown 17 years who have a great draft year go on to be great AFL players?

Darling?

He had hip surgery in the off season which may have effect his performance.

We do seem to like 19 year olds, I believe Suttcliffe, Duffy, Wood, Ballard and Taberner were all a year older than most of the other draftees in their year.

Neale was a year older as well. All great pick ups.

I really like this draft Chris. it addresses our needs perfectly. what are Abbott's skills like? do you think he could develop in to a good replacement for Duffield eventually?

Darling?

He had hip surgery in the off season which may have effect his performance.

Good example, but I'm wondering if there is an identifiable trend.

Neale was a year older as well. All great pick ups.

I don't think Neale was a year older, he was born the same year as Sheridan and Crozier and most of the other 2011 draftees.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not uncommon at all players getting drafted a year late. Add Johnson and Sandilands to the list if you want for us.

From last year
Charlie Cameron, Jonathan Freeman, Ciaran Byrne, Tom Langdon, Jacob Ballard, Michael Wood, James Toohey, Louis Herbert, Sean Lemmens, Dayle Garlett, Aliir Aliir, Toby Narkervis

Mixed Results there so far but a lot of these guys look very good so far. So far, a few real success stories, a few no names and a few guys that got close to games but didn't quite get there. Garlett the obvious flop but there's nothing wrong with drafting these guys.

Could we Maybe trade Crozier and Sheridan as a package deal to get between pick 4-8 to pick up Christian Pertracca wonderful midfielder who can kick goals i think he is 188cm 87kg big fella, hes a Vic boy but is a Fremantle supporter.

Petracca's a Collingwood fan per his interview with channel 7...

If Goddard slips to us i'd be over the moon.. MJ replacement in the making.
Do people really think he will make it to Freo's first pick? I saw him on one of the footy panel shows earlier in the year, they were talking about him as if he'd be top 10.

Do people really think he will make it to Freo's first pick? I saw him on one of the footy panel shows earlier in the year, they were talking about him as if he'd be top 10.

Has had a mixed year, and his drafted rating has dropped a fair bit.

I think he will be drafted between 15-20 - He is playing as a defender, and defenders rarely go top 15.

Has had a mixed year, and his drafted rating has dropped a fair bit.

I think he will be drafted between 15-20 - He is playing as a defender, and defenders rarely go top 15.

He is fairly versatile, though, I would have thought. Could play CHF?

I highly doubt he'd be available too. Still, would be a fantastic acquisition if he did slide.

My preference for our first pick would be in order:
1. Goddard- Fills a need and is able to play as a KPD or KPF.
2. Pickett- Highly unlikely he will be available but would pretty much be the player that we hoped Josh Simpson would be.
3. Menadue- a skilful back flank that could develop in to a mid. potential replacement for Duffield.
4- Degoey- Would add to a big midfield already. with the ability to play as a back or forward flank as well.
5- Garlett- Would add pace, reminds me of Brad Hill.
I see probably Goddard and Pickett probably not making it to our first pick. All of these players would offer different qualities to the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back