Pets Things that please me

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He certainly wasn't simple minded,

Well, there's no other word to describe an american who thinks all humans are like them. Well, there is! Pig headed, arrogant, ignorant, hypocritical, fundamentalist.

He was right, about alot things, about America and religon,. But thats not the case for everywhere else. He failed to acknowledge that. A very dangerous man towards people who believe there is a better way, another way. Dangerous to those who are suffering as a result of the american military industry.

He was a good comedian, he saw a market and went for it. But he was an extremist who spread american capitalist propaganda.

Well, there's no other word to describe an american who thinks all humans are like them. Well, there is! Pig headed, arrogant, ignorant, hypocritical, fundamentalist.

He was right, about alot things, about America and religon,. But thats not the case for everywhere else. He failed to acknowledge that. A very dangerous man towards people who believe there is a better way, another way. Dangerous to those who are suffering as a result of the american military industry.

He was a good comedian, he saw a market and went for it. But he was an extremist who spread american capitalist propaganda.

Did he think that everyone was like Americans or did he just ignore that for stylistic/audience reasons? Comedians are characters, they play a role and act. Like you say he saw a market and went for it, don't think it detracts from him in anyway.

Also I assume you mean anti-capitalist propaganda. Don't see a problem with it, nearly 100% of comedians have a personal bias that they impart on their acts. Calling him a dangerous man is a stretch, if people are basing their ideologies on an comedian's act they need their heads checked.

Did he think that everyone was like Americans or did he just ignore that for stylistic/audience reasons? Comedians are characters, they play a role and act. Like you say he saw a market and went for it, don't think it detracts from him in anyway.
I accept that point, that he didn't want to upset the very people he made his money from. So he changed his language to not scare them away, feel threatened.

It doesn't matter why he did it, it matters that he did. That it also is common strategy of american media and gov, or any other totalitarian culture, to try and paint there failings as biological and not cultural.

It not really important here. But it is a pet peeve that people who are actually trying to change culture, use him as an idol without recognizing the sub couscous message he emmitts. He was being judgmental, to make a buck, whinging about others being judgemental. Some think he is some sort of social warrior.

@deptofaustralia
Bu9sWXiCYAQS2Qv.png

Finished 1st day of work, just been to the gym and now I am on the laptop with Dad's credit card in my hand waiting for 1pm when I can book grand final tickets (assuming the Hawks make it)

Finished 1st day of work, just been to the gym and now I am on the laptop with Dad's credit card in my hand waiting for 1pm when I can book grand final tickets (assuming the Hawks make it)
I thought it was next Thursday...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it will be a good game, but the stars seem to be aligning for NM. Injuries at Geelong look to be a worry.
Honestly I am nervous this week, but if we win tomorrow i'd be very confident about rolling the Swans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back