List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Watch Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This may be controversial but I'm not against the idea of trading something we have a good amount of.. a tall forward/ruck... or at least putting the offer out there to see if we can get something worth it for it..

Ie: I'd be happy to see Sam Day go for a top notch KPD... Even a Gorringe, Josh Hall... heck whilst contracted if we were to get Ryder I wouldn't be against using Zac Smith as trade bait.

(please note: this is not a dig at any of those players, just happy for us to look to the trade table for the right options.)

This may be controversial but I'm not against the idea of trading something we have a good amount of.. a tall forward/ruck... or at least putting the offer out there to see if we can get something worth it for it..

Ie: I'd be happy to see Sam Day go for a top notch KPD... Even a Gorringe, Josh Hall... heck whilst contracted if we were to get Ryder I wouldn't be against using Zac Smith as trade bait.

(please note: this is not a dig at any of those players, just happy for us to look to the trade table for the right options.)

The st kilda trading system.. Trading Goddard , Dal Santo and Mcevoy all around there prime..
Got alot of good draft picks out of it.. A little pain.. But definitley heading in the right direction.
Could follow a similar aggressive path.. Even tho our players are a little younger then those 3

Would like to see us pick up De Goey if he's available at our compo pick. We need more impact players who are hard at it. He could be our Caddy replacement as I don't think Jesse Lonergan is our answer there yet. Laverde and De Goey would just about see our midfield rotations set for the next ten years, and add more variety / flexibility to the mix.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh and a big yes to Baulderstone, especially if it's not throwing away a first / second round pick for him.. Could get him as a bargain. As the resident South Australian on this board I've seen a bit of him and still some improvement to go but he has a body ready for the afl, he's no twig like some young rucks

Have watched and followed this Grant Weekes.... has kicked some 700 goals in 6 seasons in the strong Bendigo league and now for Rochester in the top vic country league. He was on 86 for the season this year, and in the final home and away game bagged 14, to reach yet another ton. Is 25 years of age, stands at 190 cm and is a solid strong build weighing in at 98 kg. Has all the qualities of a good full forward and is an outstanding one on one contested mark and a beautiful kick of the footy. Whether he is good enough to step up to the elite level is a doubt.... but surely, give the guy a chance, even by inviting him to play in a few intra club games and some practice matches in the off season.Having elite players around him at AFL level, may well help him make the big time.Or could prove he isn't up to this level.Wouldnt hurt for the Suns to experiment with him in the pre season .!!!

Laverde at 7
Pick 14 and Goringe to swans.. For Malceski

Perfect result IMO. But I highly doubt we will get Malceski for that. We will have to either pay the big bucks through the free agency or trade the swans something more

Perfect result IMO. But I highly doubt we will get Malceski for that. We will have to either pay the big bucks through the free agency or trade the swans something more
Question: how does this work? How do the Swans decide they want to trade him if he hasn't signed a contract? Wouldn't he automatically be put into the free agent pool without Sydney having any say in it?

We would be mad to trade for Mal. He is moving for a retirement package. Trading for him wouldn't change that so just get him for free through FA.

As for the draft I like Laverde or Lever with our first pick, Weller with our second and Clem Smith or a KPF with our third.

Still on the Clem train :D

I am also pretty keen on a mature ruck and maybe mids (AFL experience or otherwise) in the rookie draft. We need to have more hardened backup and NEAFL depth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back