Pets Things that please me

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely from scratch home made food from an old Italian lady in a little off the beaten path town where you need to park on the only road in/out and walk throughout the town. With the local region wines to accompany it.

Oh. My. *******. God.

No one else in the world could possibly eat this well (and certainly nowhere I've been). It's unbelievably amazing. It has ruined pretty much all other food for me.

Completely from scratch home made food from an old Italian lady in a little off the beaten path town where you need to park on the only road in/out and walk throughout the town. With the local region wines to accompany it.

Oh. My. *******. God.

No one else in the world could possibly eat this well (and certainly nowhere I've been). It's unbelievably amazing. It has ruined pretty much all other food for me.

I take it you're in Italy?

I thought the food was overrated there tbh.

Not enough toppings or cheese crusts on their pizzas, I tried to order a BBQ Meatlovers and they looked at me like I was from outer space.

I take it you're in Italy?

I thought the food was overrated there tbh.

Not enough toppings or cheese crusts on their pizzas, I tried to order a BBQ Meatlovers and they looked at me like I was from outer space.
Yeah, first time I've been here. You must be kidding. The food everywhere is amazing (although even in Aus I really enjoy Italian food). And I get better wine here for $5-8 from the corner store than I get for $30 at Dans. Everything else is ******* expensive though.

Edit: Also, did you have any of that ultra home-made cooking? I was just lucky I knew someone who picked me up from the regional station then drove me up into this little 1300's village for it. Unreal.

Yeah, first time I've been here. You must be kidding. The food everywhere is amazing (although even in Aus I really enjoy Italian food). And I get better wine here for $5-8 from the corner store than I get for $30 at Dans. Everything else is ******* expensive though.

Edit: Also, did you have any of that ultra home-made cooking? I was just lucky I knew someone who picked me up from the regional station then drove me up into this little 1300's village for it. Unreal.

I was joking about the pizza, they only have the standard cheese and pepperoni or salami there, they don't do all the Dominos style toppings we have here.

Amazing some of the little villages in places like Italy, France and Spain, they're very generous with their food and wine, they really know how to live there.

I was joking about the pizza, they only have the standard cheese and pepperoni or salami there, they don't do all the Dominos style toppings we have here.

Amazing some of the little villages in places like Italy, France and Spain, they're very generous with their food and wine, they really know how to live there.
Apologies. I've been hitting the pre dinner wines. The only pizza place I've been to so far had a decent amount of variety. However that was quite close to the main Rome station/interchange and to be fair there were about 6 restaurant/pizza places within about 100m of one intersection there. One of them was even a lebanese pizza place o_O.

Apologies. I've been hitting the pre dinner wines. The only pizza place I've been to so far had a decent amount of variety. However that was quite close to the main Rome station/interchange and to be fair there were about 6 restaurant/pizza places within about 100m of one intersection there. One of them was even a lebanese pizza place o_O.

I didn't rate Rome that much, have you been down to Sorrento and the Amalfi coast? There's a town called Positano there which is amazing, like an Italian Santorini.

Andras-Jancsik-Positano-2.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't rate Rome that much, have you been down to Sorrento and the Amalfi coast? There's a town called Positano there which is amazing, like an Italian Santorini.

Andras-Jancsik-Positano-2.jpg
Not yet, but I have family in the south, very close to the Amalfi coast. I'm seeing them on Sunday. It's on my list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We all have different tastes.

I'm sure there are things you rate that Plugger doesn't.

Absolutely. I'm not being critical. It's just interesting to say casually "I don't rate Rome that much". Especially for a young Australian travelling. To me, anywhere in Europe is pretty fascinating purely because it's architecture and cultural identity is more than 200 years old.

Same here, thought I should finally give it a go. Only 3 eps in and I'm not sure If I'll stick around, but I see potential. Hope it grabs me on coming episodes. Can definitely see the love/hate aspect (particularly if one factors in the Emmy adoration it received, ala Modern Family).
Okay, I think I'm hooked. I think it was the xmas episode 'Miracle on Third or Fourth Street' that did it for me, and it's been quality ever since. I'm on board.

Absolutely. I'm not being critical. It's just interesting to say casually "I don't rate Rome that much". Especially for a young Australian travelling. To me, anywhere in Europe is pretty fascinating purely because it's architecture and cultural identity is more than 200 years old.

If you've seen one bunch of Roman ruins you've seen them all.

The Colosseum is pretty cool though, I did a tour of that which is well worth doing, going underneath the stadium to see all these chambers where they would keep lions, tigers and leopards that they would crank up on platforms into the arena to fight gladiators. Would've been a hell of a sight to see back in the day.

Apart from the historical aspect I didn't rate Rome, nightlife isn't great and it's expensive, crowded, traffic is a nightmare and there are a heap of dodgy pickpockets there. I had some gypsy kids try to pickpocket me outside the Colosseum but like a gladiator I threw them off with a big don't argue.

I disliked Venice.

Apart from the historical aspect I didn't rate Rome, nightlife isn't great and it's expensive, crowded, traffic is a nightmare and there are a heap of dodgy pickpockets there. I had some gypsy kids try to pickpocket me outside the Colosseum but like a gladiator I threw them off with a big don't argue.

i2jsooq7jes9o.gif

On the way back from the VFL today on the train I was listening to my ipod. When I got back to Geelong, I walked to my car, and the last song on the album I listened to had 3 seconds left when I sat down. Incredibly satisfying.

Last edited:
On the way back from the VFL today on the train I was listening to my ipod. When I got back to Geelong, I walked to my car, and the last song had 3 seconds left when I sat down. Incredibly satisfying.
Everything's coming up Igloo.
tumblr_munut9T7Ug1qe5xtpo1_400.gif

I disliked Venice.

Yeah I wasn't a fan of Venice, it was like a maze walking through some of those little alleys to the main square and they had a Maccas there.o_O

So much for history.

Florence wasn't much chop either, apart from the Duomo.

Best place I went to in Tuscany was Collodi, the home of Pinocchio, magic little town.

Funnily enough, I'm at the start of an 8 week study trip to Tuscany. Can't comment on much as what has been written, as I havn't travelled around all that much, apart from the fact that pizza has big highs but also big lows. Go into the centre of Florence or Sienna, prime tourist places, and it tastes like overproduced crap.

I love myself a good pedestrianised town layout, and the hierarchy in streets. Also the fact that peroni is .80 euro for a long neck. People just hang out all night, even in smaller towns like the one i am in, and there's never any trouble. Walk down the road to a square at 3am on a monday night and there's ten groups of people there, ranging from 15 to 30, just chilling. Probably signs of their uneducated and unemployed climate, but I just keep thinking, if that was Australia (especially if longnecks were .80 euro), everyone would be pissed off their faces and being general dicks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back