Preview Preliminary final - Hawthorn v Port Adelaide, MCG, 20 September 2014 @ 4.45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calling Suckling soft is a bit extreme. I will say his tackling was ordinary, think turnstile. Then again Brad Hill has a similar tackle intensity.

Suckling will force a Port forward to be more accountable.

The worst player on the ground in the 2012 grand final left at the end of 2012.

Buddy hysteria aside he was well in front of Suckling that day 24 disposals 3 goals 4, 6 tackles for a forward. Suckling 15 touches one tackle as a "defender"...soft as butter.

Anyhow still hoping for a win on saturday :)

Are there special exemptions for the VFL GF? Min 5 game rule doesn't apply and therefore cyril can play? (not that the rule mattered in McEvoy's case...)

I wonder if Sewell put his hand up and said his body wasn't right?
Wouldn't have listed him as "omitted" if that were the case. "General soreness" or "hamstring tightness" or something along those lines would've been the go.

Massive insult to Sewell and to bring in the worst player on the ground in the 2012 gf makes it that much worse.

The worst player?

The Hawthorn coaching group says you don't know sh*t.

:eek:

Buddy hysteria aside he was well in front of Suckling that day 24 disposals 3 goals 4, 6 tackles for a forward. Suckling 15 touches one tackle as a "defender"...soft as butter.

Anyhow still hoping for a win on saturday :)
I think the player referred to was Clinton young.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe all these trade Suckling posts will stop now.
Will only intensify if he puts in the insipid performance many are thinking he will.

I trust Clarko. Has made so many seemingly questionable moves in the past but more often than not he's right. That's why he's been the coach for so long in an industry where senior coaches are lucky to last more than their first 2 seasons.

Boak, Ebert, Cornes, Wines, Broadbent. Big bodied players who are going to give Suckling nightmares. Sewell would be perfect lining up on any of them.

And leave Sewell standing still, Jarred Polec and a few others for Port are hardly what you would call tough players but do you think Port thought for one second that he would not be playing on Sat, no because it is about team balance, we have enough players like Sewell as it is, if everyone in your team was a slow inside mid then you would be last on the ladder.

Sewell was hardly dominant in the clearances against Geelong and was then subbed out of the game.

I didn't expect this change but I understand why the club has done so, as I said they know what they are doing and I'd back their judgement over a few keyboard warriors who were probably soft players themselves if they played the game.

Sewelly being dropped for Suckling??? A bit of a shock. Not sure what to say...?? I will say i'd expect a BOG performance. He has replaced our best inside mid. Time to pull your bloody finger out Matt, FFS!!!

Will only intensify if he puts in the insipid performance many are thinking he will.

I trust Clarko. Has made so many seemingly questionable moves in the past but more often than not he's right. That's why he's been the coach for so long in an industry where senior coaches are lucky to last more than their first 2 seasons.

was our 2nd best player last time we played Port, but the 2012 gf is far more relevant apparently.

And leave Sewell standing still, Jarred Polec and a few others for Port are hardly what you would call tough players but do you think Port thought for one second that he would not be playing on Sat, no because it is about team balance, we have enough players like Sewell as it is, if everyone in your team was a slow inside mid then you would be last on the ladder.

Sewell was hardly dominant in the clearances against Geelong and was then subbed out of the game.

I didn't expect this change but I understand why the club has done so, as I said they know what they are doing and I'd back their judgement over a few keyboard warriors who were probably soft players themselves if they played the game.

I'm speaking more from emotion than anything. Sewell a favourite of mine and I don't think many will deny he is a champion and stalwart of the club. Suckling has frustrated me and delighted me at the same time. I back Hawthorn and what ever the brains trust is thinking but it will just be such a strange feeling to not see Sewell lining up in a final :cry:

Finals can make a reputation and so far Suckling hasn't done so much in a final to enhance it but I will give him the benefit of the doubt. It's his moment now and his choice whether he steps up or steps down. I hope for his sake, Clarkson's sake and Hawthorn's sake it is the former.

I can understand people being a little bit miffed with Sewell losing his spot but need to consider that Suckling is not an unusual in given that he has been in the team all year so obviously plays a role. Brad Sewell is not competing for his spot with Suckers and that's why he played much of the game against Geelong in the QF in the forward line. Still, I feel that Suckling will need to play a big game to keep his spot next week (hopefully, we will make the GF) and I hope he can prove the naysayers wrong because he can play a very important role and hurt Port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back