Mega Thread Trade Targets 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

My bad went to far but when ya get called arrogant and clueless ill defend myself.

Asking for a pick 6/7 for Mitchell is not out of this world.

Not here to argue
It definately isnt out of this world. I think im pretty fair when it comes to trade talk (unlike some 1 sided carlton supporters on this board) and Mitchell is definately worth pick 6 and i dont think a straight swap is out of the question and i wouldnt be to unhappy if that was to eventuate.

On talent alone Mitchell is definately worth pick 6. No question about that as he would be better than any mid we could draft this year at that pick. But with his injury issue in the past (fair chunk hes missed since drafted), unhappiness at playing 2's, inflated salary, and wanting to leave, i think his value is more around 10-15. Due to these reasons i think Carlton should recieve something extra in a trade for Mitchell and pick 6.

Mitchells loss doesnt really hurt your depth with Heeney and Mills coming in the next 2 years, along with B. Jack & Z. Jones waiting in the wings. While pick 6 would let you draft a Lever or Durdin which you could put a couple years of KPD development into before Grundy and Richards retire.

Do you get where im coming from with this? And do you see how we would be right to ask for more than just Mitchell in a trade for pick 6?

It definately isnt out of this world. I think im pretty fair when it comes to trade talk (unlike some 1 sided carlton supporters on this board) and Mitchell is definately worth pick 6 and i dont think a straight swap is out of the question and i wouldnt be to unhappy if that was to eventuate.

On talent alone Mitchell is definately worth pick 6. No question about that as he would be better than any mid we could draft this year at that pick. But with his injury issue in the past (fair chunk hes missed since drafted), unhappiness at playing 2's, inflated salary, and wanting to leave, i think his value is more around 10-15. Due to these reasons i think Carlton should recieve something extra in a trade for Mitchell and pick 6.

Mitchells loss doesnt really hurt your depth with Heeney and Mills coming in the next 2 years, along with B. Jack & Z. Jones waiting in the wings. While pick 6 would let you draft a Lever or Durdin which you could put a couple years of KPD development into before Grundy and Richards retire.

Do you get where im coming from with this? And do you see how we would be right to ask for more than just Mitchell in a trade for pick 6?
Yer mate we really need a KD in Durdin etc.

Will be interesting how both Clubs go about it

Yer mate we really need a KD in Durdin etc.

Will be interesting how both Clubs go about it

I think a lot of us carlton supporters are being bias/bullish here. Lloyd and cunningham aren't keeping mitchell out of the side, they're completely different players. Cunningham provides outside run and pace, where mitchell is an inside player ala josh kennedy or kieran jack. Similar to ryan okeefe. To say that mitchell is only worth a second round pick because cunningham is keeping him out is stupid. He played in round 23 when kennedy was out and picked up 30 touches and 10 tackles, the kid is a gun.

He would defs be worth pick 6 in this draft on talent alone, but with his salary and wanting out, you'd probably think pick 15 is spot on. although i wouldn't care if we traded pick 6 for him, if we picked up their late second rounder

Maybe you should take over your Clubs recruiting department as its been great of late

I suggest you show some respect when visiting a Team Board!

My bad went to far but when ya get called arrogant and clueless ill defend myself.

Not here to argue

It won't happen in this world!

He would defs be worth pick 6 in this draft on talent alone, but with his salary and wanting out, you'd probably think pick 15 is spot on. although i wouldn't care if we traded pick 6 for him, if we picked up their late second rounder
In summing up, Mitchell is not worth Pick 6. Any trade involving Pick 6 & a 2nd round pick or another player does not = Pick 6.

Mitchell is like a television and Sydney are like Harvey Norman. They are overstocked and must sell to keep within budget...

If you go into the store, do you:

a: pay full price (even though you know they have a sale on?

b: offer them something less in the hope they will just sell it to you?

Or c: pay top price and ask them to through in something extra?

I know I would go with b.

Sydney need cap space. If Mitchell requests a trade to only us and Sydney need to cut back on their payments, we could get him for our 2nd. No need to bend over in a deal for a player who they believe isn't worthy to be in their best 22.

I rate him higher than our 2nd pick, but if he chooses us, we should stick to our guns or they can keep him.

Only way I would part with pick 6 would be to get a player who is in the top 10 for their club. If they are 11-15 I would want a late 1st/early 2nd draft pick thrown into it. Everything else shouldn't involve our first.

Mitchell is like a television and Sydney are like Harvey Norman. They are overstocked and must sell to keep within budget...

If you go into the store, do you:

a: pay full price (even though you know they have a sale on?

b: offer them something less in the hope they will just sell it to you?

Or c: pay top price and ask them to through in something extra?

I know I would go with b.

Sydney need cap space. If Mitchell requests a trade to only us and Sydney need to cut back on their payments, we could get him for our 2nd. No need to bend over in a deal for a player who they believe isn't worthy to be in their best 22.

I rate him higher than our 2nd pick, but if he chooses us, we should stick to our guns or they can keep him.

Only way I would part with pick 6 would be to get a player who is in the top 10 for their club. If they are 11-15 I would want a late 1st/early 2nd draft pick thrown into it. Everything else shouldn't involve our first.

only problem is that he is still contracted for the coming year, so really sydney are in no rush to trade him. Plus as pointed out, every victorian club will line up for him, unless he specifies he only wants to come to us

Maybe you should take over your Clubs recruiting department as its been great of late
Not here to argue
At no point did I specifically call you arrogant, and I certainly did not say you were clueless, but you proved that you were exactly that if you think Carlton's recruiting department hasn't been pretty good as of late.
If you're going to be as sensitive as Lumumba I suggest you go back to your own board instead of taking shots at our club on ours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

only problem is that he is still contracted for the coming year, so really sydney are in no rush to trade him. Plus as pointed out, every victorian club will line up for him, unless he specifies he only wants to come to us

I know his contract status. Then we miss out. So be it.
I'm not willing to sell ourselves out of this first uncompromised draft for a guy running around in a teams 2nds.

We have to be strong enough to walk away.

Who cares if other teams are lining up.

Sydney need to cut salary cap, it doesn't matter that he's contracted if the NEED to cut his contract to avoid going over the salary cap.
Obviously we dont knoe exactly what they're salary situation is

But by the sounds of it - they need Mitchell off their list next year - so the fact that he's contracted means nothing

If they play hardball, we'll just say okay we'll talk again next year - sydney panic as they realise they are over the salary cap and come back to talk to us

Would love to see a straight player swap for Mitchell (Lucas, Jeff, Robbo,) We need to keep our 6/7 pick and If they are trying to open room in their salary they could take one of them players cheap (with Flag opportunities) and benefit with bringing in a experienced player. Jeff would kill it as a small forward for them.

Would love to see a straight player swap for Mitchell (Lucas, Jeff, Robbo,) We need to keep our 6/7 pick and If they are trying to open room in their salary they could take one of them players cheap (with Flag opportunities) and benefit with bringing in a experienced player. Jeff would kill it as a small forward for them.
Can't see them going for one of Lucas/Robbo/Jeff - would love it if they would, we'd be stealing him.

Just curious but how does everyone on this board know Sydney's contract status?

What happen if we instead choose to offload more fringe players?

What happens if we go to draft whilst our higher paid older players retire and CoLA is phased out until 2017?

What happens if Carlton don't meet the trade requirements and another club comes to the party?

Point is, no one but Sydney management knows the cap, he has been dubbed a required player and Carlton have signalled very strongly their interest. That is all we know.

What happens if we go to draft whilst our higher paid older players retire and CoLA is phased out until 2017?

What happens if Carlton don't meet the trade requirements and another club comes to the party?

Point is, no one but Sydney management knows the cap, he has been dubbed a required player and Carlton have signalled very strongly their interest. That is all we know.
It's a forum

The answer to all your questions is 'Hampson to CHB'.

It's a forum

I know.

But talking absolutes in terms of swans NEEDING to get rid of their cap space so a second rounder and Warnock will suffice gets wearing.

And I will full say any swans supporter putting up Henderson or Yarran as a straight swap is equally ignorant

very intresting..
ByCMI0sIEAAydey.png

I know.

But talking absolutes in terms of swans NEEDING to get rid of their cap space so a second rounder and Warnock will suffice gets wearing.

And I will full say any swans supporter putting up Henderson or Yarran as a straight swap is equally ignorant
"Gets wearing" - dont you have a possible premiership to talk about on your own board, if the truth wears you down so much, there is plenty to discuss in regards to Sydney on the main and your own board.

Our season is over, let us discuss possibilities in peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back