Traded Patrick Ryder traded to Port for picks 17 and 37

Remove this Banner Ad

Ryders basically been doing what he wants, hes picked his destination(port or bris?) and apparently told Jimmy Hird to 'Deal With It', all while being under contract.

This Ryder telling Hird to "deal with it" rumour is the biggest case of purple monkey dishwasher I have seen here in quite some time.

Barrett said the phrase "deal with it" in the context of Ryder saying that he wanted to leave and for the Bombers to get a deal done.

How that has evolved into Ryder strutting up to Hird and saying "deal with it!" is rather amusing.

Just an aside to that, what is the protocol if Essendon draft a player who wishes to not go to Essendon due to this whole issue? Do they have a case?

Wouldn't think so. Would have to be sorted out in advance of the draft in its highly highly event.

Essendon is currently one of the 18 teams, I can't see any reason why draftees could say no.

It's very different to Ryder, in that he is personally impacted.

And different to potential trades, where players can already say no.

Exclusive footage from Ryder's meeting with Hird:

nZIWnrm.gif

You give us a top 5 - 10 player from your team for a top 5 ruck/fwd in the comp. Seems fair to me

Ryder is contracted! (lets start with that and not even worry about using this 'clause' just yet. Clutching at straws if you think it will get him a free pass through)

Never mentioned the clause. Your suggestion that Ryder is worth Patton + a pick is ridiculous.

Just an aside to that, what is the protocol if Essendon draft a player who wishes to not go to Essendon due to this whole issue? Do they have a case?
They would have to sit out a year of football. If they are at school it would not be too bad. You would think players wanting to avoid Essendon would give them a heads up.

As a parent I know I would be encouraging my kids to give the club a heads up.

What about Brisbanes 2nd rounder, 22ish and James Polkinghorne.

Yes he's been delisted but by the looks of things Essendon may require a little 'filling' out of their list for next year.:p

Or Ports 2nd rounder 36ish and Brent Renouf. Essendon will need a ruck. :straining:

What about Brisbanes 2nd rounder, 22ish and James Polkinghorne.

Yes he's been delisted but by the looks of things Essendon may require a little 'filling' out of their list for next year.:p

Or Ports 2nd rounder 36ish and Brent Renouf. Essendon will need a ruck. :straining:
Renouf did his knee mid season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we threw in heppell we would get Wines + Wingard + first round pick

Words. Can't. Describe.

Essendon players have a giant asterix on their worth, Wines is one of the best young prospects in the AFL.

Congrats guys, you just took the cake from Carlton as BF's most laughable trade proposals.

Ryder with a ban hanging over his head isn't worth Wines. Try adding a pick from your end numpties. Not that we need to bother, Wines isn't and will never go anywhere.

Last edited:
If Essen Don play hardball with this it will burn them badly. Take Port's first rounder and run.
This very much so. We should obviously try and get a better deal maybe 1st round plus a fringe player but I doubt they would go for that. We in a bad position to push hard as Ryder wants to leave and if they could easily implore Ryder to attempt to initiate a get out clause (Ryder doesn't wish to do this) and we would get nothing. I still think Port's second round pick but if Brisbane and Port push then the trade will likely be somewhat more Essendon sided. Though if a bidding war occurs one team could still tempt Ryder into the get out clause.

Words. Can't. Describe.

Essendon players have a giant asterix on their worth, Wines is one of the best young prospects in the AFL.

Congrats guys, you just took the cake from Carlton as BF's most laughable trade proposals.

Ryder with a ban hanging over his head isn't worth Wines. Try adding a pick from your end numpties. Not that we need to bother, Wines isn't and will never go anywhere.
lol
Yes, I was clearly being serious there. Learn to read.

I think a first right now is about right, maybe a switch of some other latter picks.

For the clause to get activated it would have to go through the courts, Will the case be heard before the end of trade week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back