Sando sacked - confirmed **** crows only ****

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I think I'm changing my tune regarding the boys club at Adelaide. I'll happily welcome ex players just no more ex f*cking Geelong people. We've been potted by as many cats people as we have crows people. Ludicrous.
The behaviour has been very strange, by supporters as well.. It's like we owed them.. :confused:
I understand a small degree of going in to bat for him.. But it's been way over the top..
Almost acted like we are obliged to stay with Sando now we have taken him in as coach, til death do us part..

You wouldn't think so.
But the discussion on it would have started months ago.

Yep, around July the speculation about when Sando would be re-signed would have begun and the media would be analysing every game with an eye to a potential coach sacking. Because he was apparently contracted everything came out of the blue.

For those criticising journos who run with the "crows wanted Goodwin but were too late" story - do we have any conclusive proof that we *weren't* very keen on goody?

For those criticising journos who run with the "crows wanted Goodwin but were too late" story - do we have any conclusive proof that we *weren't* very keen on goody?
The fact that goody and roo are good friends, so im sure he knew what goody was doing, conclusive no, but obvious yes.

I am more than certain we wanted to get Goody back home, but they are all painting it like we pulled the trigger and sacked Sando hoping that Goody would accept the job in a heartbeat and are talking it all up like a massive blunder from Roo that has left us in the position of having to go to market for a new coach and pay out a perfectly good one for 2 years.

Come on mate.... I know you've been busy but there have been a number of times this stuff had been posted before. By kingy especially. Maybe choosing to not believe it means it doesn't get into the memory banks? ;)

I've heard plenty of people say "Sando doesn't communicate well with the boys" and "the message isn't getting through". That's a far cry from "Sando literally doesn't speak with many of the players". Likewise I've heard plenty of comments about how much Sando fancied himself in the weights room, but that's a far cry from him fancying himself with the female admins. Yes, there have been rumours about Sanderson over the course of the season, but nothing like the rumours we've heard over the past week.

The only real rumour at that level I've heard over the past year was Puddy constantly posting about Sando not playing Lyons because his girlfriend got a boob job.

But we would've had some idea that he was signing with Melbourne a day later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get that, but we must not let Sando's mates dominate public opinion. Not living in SA its fair to say that I get a bit more of a cross section of the AFL media. We are copping a belting at the moment. When you have bloke like Harley advising against taking up a coaching position at the club because of our inability to support the coach, its not a good look.

If a potential coach cannot assess the information for themselves and would rather take on board what a bunch of ex-Geelong media commentators have to say on the matter, then they're probably not equipped to handle the job. In reality, these mates of Sando's shouldn't be commentating at all. They are hopelessly subjective on the matter, no different to Jenny with Trigg. If they had any idea at all, they'd keep their mouth shuts about this, because they risk the club opening up on the detailed reasons he was sacked. And by adding, "of course there's always two sides to every story", before slamming the club based on one side of it.

I've heard plenty of people say "Sando doesn't communicate well with the boys" and "the message isn't getting through". That's a far cry from "Sando literally doesn't speak with many of the players". Likewise I've heard plenty of comments about how much Sando fancied himself in the weights room, but that's a far cry from him fancying himself with the female admins. Yes, there have been rumours about Sanderson over the course of the season, but nothing like the rumours we've heard over the past week.

The only real rumour at that level I've heard over the past year was Puddy constantly posting about Sando not playing Lyons because his girlfriend got a boob job.
I recall hearing about the not talking to some players a number of times.

Of course, nobody (media or us) has any proof that we were or weren't looking at Goodwin.

So we need to go with common sense. We wouldn't sack a guy and then ring up Goodwin and ask him for the first time. It would just be moronic to do that. There is no way we were not aware of Goodwin's intentions.
Especially 2 days after we brouht in a new CEO talking about making sure we have the right people in the right seats. Do people really believe we'd then sack a coach with the plan to appoint someone whom we had not even spoken to yet?

I haven't read all the posts since the day Sando was sacked, but on that day I posted that our new coach would come from the 4 remaining in the finals.

I stand by that, just now it is from the remaining 2.

Make no mistake, The Crows are up to their necks in this big time. We will have our coach within 2 weeks of the GF.

I haven't read all the posts since the day Sando was sacked, but on that day I posted that our new coach would come from the 4 remaining in the finals.

I stand by that, just now it is from the remaining 2.

Make no mistake, The Crows are up to their necks in this big time. We will have our coach within 2 weeks of the GF.

I should hope so. Would not want to go into trade week and the FA period coachless.

You can see how loyal they are to each other and it really shows how close they were as a team.

I agree no more Geelong people, it's time to move on from that game style and develop our own.

Agreed. I don't think there's anything wrong with trying to emulate a champion team but you have to be realistic about it. We don't have Geelong's list of champions (hell neither does Geelong). It's nice having a side that wins it's share of contested possession but it doesn't amount to anything when you burn the ball constantly. Our skills under Sanderson we're absolutely deplorable in 2013/14. Totally unacceptable. Certainly didn't look anything like the Cats anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back