Who won’t have a full pre-season?

Remove this Banner Ad

See right there, with the capital 'G'. You just don't get it.

Now, let's stop derailing this thread.
I am happy not to "derail" any further.
But I see no reason why you should be offended by someone writing God with a capital G. Billions and billions of people do it. You will have to suck that one up, and it makes no difference to the truth of the proposition that we all worship something/someone.

You will have to take it up with the people who started this aside in the thread.

Worship means to give worth to something/someone who is worthy. It also entails what we gain our own worth from. It can be God - the legitimate being to whom worship is due; or it can be something else that we consider the ultimate authority/being/thing of worth.

Everybody worships something/someone. For most people, its is themselves - but it could be a career, money, pleasure, family, a footy club. But whatever it is, the truth remains that everyone worships something - you included.

Actually, "worship" has two separate meanings, and you're erroneously conflating them.

Meaning one: "devotion and reverent love accorded to a deity, being, object, idol, etc on religious pretexts". Meaning two: "strong adoration or reverence".

Actually, "worship" has two separate meanings, and you're erroneously conflating them.

Meaning one: "devotion and reverent love accorded to a deity, being, object, idol, etc on religious pretexts". Meaning two: "strong adoration or reverence".
Whoah there, careful with those facts of yours, you'll spark a logical, rational discussion and we can't have that. Back to the footy...

Vardy and Menzel, fit and in form, despite the long layoff for both, are the difference between being middling and being in contention. Therefore, get them right. Everyone else is expendable.

In fact you can find far more dictionary definitions than that.

But there is no conflagration here. Both definitions you provide relate to adoration or reverence - worship. The issue in discussion is that everyone worships something/someone - strong adoration or reverence/devotion for someone/thing.

What you worship is a different thing. But everyone worships something/someone. You may not want to call it worship, but in the end ones devotion to that thing or person (including self) that holds highest regard, is worship.

But there is no conflagration here. Both definitions you provide relate to adoration or reverence - worship. The issue in discussion is that everyone worships something/someone - strong adoration or reverence/devotion for someone/thing.

What you worship is a different thing. But everyone worships something/someone. You may not want to call it worship, but in the end ones devotion to that thing or person (including self) that holds highest regard, is worship.

Aahh, those were the days eh, soon cut out all this stuff if they brought back the good old Sacrament of Holy Conflagration. ;)

Whoah there, careful with those facts of yours, you'll spark a logical, rational discussion and we can't have that. Back to the footy...

Vardy and Menzel, fit and in form, despite the long layoff for both, are the difference between being middling and being in contention. Therefore, get them right. Everyone else is expendable.

Interesting. I don't think they'll make any difference at all next season. Even IF Menzel plays any senior football (which I very much doubt), will struggle mightily. Vardy still has to show he deserves to be CHF ahead of other contenders. As a forward he's a mark and kick player, just like Walker, except Walker is fitter and more durable. And lately, more improved.

If we're depending on those two next year we're in trouble.

Not quite. The issue YOU ALONE are discussing is that. The rest of us are talking footy.

Interesting. I don't think they'll make any difference at all next season. Even IF Menzel plays any senior football (which I very much doubt), will struggle mightily. Vardy still has to show he deserves to be CHF ahead of other contenders. As a forward he's a mark and kick player, just like Walker, except Walker is fitter and more durable. And lately, more improved.

If we're depending on those two next year we're in trouble.

Vardy will be a welcomed inclusion mate. Wouldn't put it past him to slot 35+ goals if he plays forward for most of the season. I reckon if we secure Minson, or another ruck, we will see Walker play the backup ruck and Blicavs move to more or a permanent defensive role instead of that 2nd ruck position.

F: Kersten-Hawkins-McCarthy/Murdoch
HF: Bartel-Vardy-Motlop

Get rid of McIntosh and that drifting forward role he was trialed as this year because Walker has clearly shown how versatile he is when shifted forward such is his agility/forward nous.

Vardy will be a welcomed inclusion mate. Wouldn't put it past him to slot 35+ goals if he plays forward for most of the season. I reckon if we secure Minson, or another ruck, we will see Walker play the backup ruck and Blicavs move to more or a permanent defensive role instead of that 2nd ruck position.

I'd be ecstatic with 20 goals for Vardy next year.

So if Blicavs goes back, who goes out?

I would rather see Walker play forward if he is going to play next season and based on his 2 finals he deserves to have first crack at the 2nd tall forward roll come Rnd 1 should he not be injured. During our 2 finals he had a greater impact when he played forward then when he went in the ruck - he isn't the worse back-up ruck option, but he was actually looking imposing when playing forward and I hope he gets an extended run next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be nice to know when Kersten hurt his knee or how long he had been carrying that issue and if that was a reason for the drop off in performance from him - and in turn if we could have got Walker/Brown into the side earlier then week 23.

Not great news. Im pretty sure that that is the second knee clean out he has had. And as you say - would be great to know when and why. May very well explain the drop off from him after game 6.

Of course, it now brings up the question of durability as this is not the first time he has had a cloud of injury.

Lets hope this is the end of it going forward.

Go Catters

IT was an arthroscope….probably just a clean out……...

Players come back after two weeks following a "scope" these days. I just hope his hamstring is 100% and doesn't recur.

IT was an arthroscope….probably just a clean out……...

Players come back after two weeks following a "scope" these days. I just hope his hamstring is 100% and doesn't recur.

The issue with a clean out, or another one, is that the stuff they get out has usually broken off from somewhere it is supposed to be. Heres hoping its use clean now and no longer an issue.

Go Catters

Vardy's might depend on how his knee has pulled up during recovery - they might decide that due to his history of injury concerns that it is better to have him on a restricted or limited pre-season schedule early and ramp up his training prior to Christmas to see how he then pulls up with a break and then really go for it after that break if he is able to.

Vardy's previous issues were with his hip. How his knee surgery has any relationship to his hip problems is beyond me.

Yeah, 2 injuries, fully recovered from one, does not equate to a "history of injury concerns".
Didn't Vardy himself say that his hip issues meant that he would need to be "managed" for the rest of his career?

Doing his knee might put stress on one or other of his hips and cause problems- perhaps. I don't think any leg injury can be considered in isolation in Vardy's case.

Didn't Vardy himself say that his hip issues meant that he would need to be "managed" for the rest of his career?

Doing his knee might put stress on one or other of his hips and cause problems- perhaps. I don't think any leg injury can be considered in isolation in Vardy's case.

Well the hip was managed successfully to the extent that he was able to play part-time and full-time in the ruck.
The real issue is the ACL itself; in 2013 there were 23 over the whole comp, but more than 1/3rd of them - 8 - were recurrences.

Well the hip was managed successfully to the extent that he was able to play part-time and full-time in the ruck.
The real issue is the ACL itself; in 2013 there were 23 over the whole comp, but more than 1/3rd of them - 8 - were recurrences.
:eek: That's terrible!

Re the hip- yes, despite the claim that it needed to be managed, and supposedly limiting his ruck time, Vardy did play quite a bit of time in the ruck (probably because we had HMac down and the MC didn't want to call West in.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back