Autopsy Knee Jerk Reactions - The Sky is Falling Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree 100% with all of that. Id put Reid up for a new ruckman. A good one though not another derickx. And we need a new kpd for a couple of years. Commence operation get Merrit. Jack and Mcveigh were atrocious. They are supposed to lead this club, steady the ship when it gets a bit rocky. They failed and the ship capsized.

They were both better than Hanners who, when he did get the ball, used it so poorly he'd have been better off not touching it. As for Parker .... future AA/Brownlow my butt. He fell on the ball a few times.

Just logged on for the first time not sure where to post, Im not reading all the threads but Im guessing this is the general consensus of posters on this board.
Ill start by saying Im shattered and upset at the loss as much as anyone but Im not sure wholesale changes are the answer. Would they have put us in any better position? Yes we lost the one that matters but that's life, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and move on..
We finished minor premiers with the squad we have, two home finals and made it to the Grand Final as favourites recruited the best player in the comp that provides highlights of the highest order blooded some great young players * it s great watching this team when on song.. 10 years ago I would have given my left knacker to be in that position before the Grand Final.
This club has give us a decade of success at the highest level, so much happiness most weeks and personally I find it a bit disappointing reading some of the comments however I totally understand.
I can tell you first hand the players are hurting more than anyone on this board.
We are a spoilt lot Sydney Swans supporters these days, that's a good thing but lets not turn on everyone and everything about the club its not healthy, It was a great year to be a Swans supporter and a great ride bring on next year, Go Bloods..

Edit: Just read the 'Dot Lose Perspective" thread, probably should have posted there.

Double Edit: Looks like Im wrong, just had a browse of a few threads and the general thoughts among level headed posters seem to be the same as mine, good to see.

Last edited:

All the talk of 'we must win the flag or its a waste' is nonsense.

Whether the odds be great or be small Swans NEVER EVER serve up that soft, insipid nonsense, and certainly not for 4 quarters.
All we can ever ask the players is to have a crack. If we are good enough to win, woo hoo, if not that's life, but the bare minimum is have a f*cking crack, every quarter, every half, every game, every week.

Reid is good enough.
Jetta is good enough.
Hanners.
Tippo.
Parker.

It's all above the shoulders.
Pointing fingers is NOT leadership.
If we have to change something it starts at the top.
1. Horse has to become a ruthless bastard. It is an easy kill sitting a club legend on his last legs in the 2's for the year. Much harder to sit a favourite in the 2's until they show the requisite mental aptitude to play in grand finals.
2. We have a load of young talent that needs to follow someone into battle that will do so come rain, hail or shine. JPK is the man.
3. Game plan. When the going gets tough f*ck this throwing man after man behind the ball. That is what mentally weak teams do. Man on man, 1 job, beat your effing opponent.

Share your thoughts today that will probably go with a clear reasoned head over time

Mine are

* we need a new captain and only one, jack didnt handle it looked nervous at the parade ffs and mcveigh was god awful, just get one captain

* retire shaw immediately actually that may not be knee jerk

* trade reid if there is a decent offer

* get a new ruckman

* trade jetta

Are you me? Agree with everything.

Also Horse and co., I'd like you to sit down over summer and come up with Gameplan A, B, C, D, E, F, G through to Z, and then begin A1, B1, C1, D1 ect ect.

Take a leaf out of Clarko's book because that campaigner sure knows how to coach, the bastard. We need more than Gameplan A - Normal and Gamplan B - Buddy onto the wing.

We're way too predicable in the coaches box.

Bemused to read on twitter so many Swans supporters happy with the year we had apparently the home and away season and finishing minor premiers is the be all end all for some.

Feel sorry for the folks who shelled out thousands to go and watch the game.

Bemused to read on twitter so many Swans supporters happy with the year we had apparently the home and away season and finishing minor premiers is the be all end all for some.

I don't think anyone's happy with the way the year ended mate and I think you are putting words in posters mouths, figuratively speaking.

Whether the odds be great or be small Swans NEVER EVER serve up that soft, insipid nonsense
Except yesterday. And against GWS. And the first game against Norf. And last year's game against Fremantle.

Other than those, and the ones I've forgotten, the Swans never ever serve up that.

No such thing as a knee jerk after you lose by 10 goals, Sir Swans nothing you posted looks like a knee jerk and i wouldnt be surprised if it happened.

Either way im to invested in this s**t wish i wasnt.

I guess these guys didnt become spuds overnight is all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heres my day 2 thoughts ill chuck here because when my anger and disappointment passes maybe i can be more rationale

Im just running through players randomly

Rohan- more hype than substance i have no faith when it counts he will deliver
Rampe- cant be relied on to play tall all the time unfair being asked to do a role he cant do
Ted- cant play key defender anymore should be 3rd tall back
Shaw has to pee off, biggs is better
Midfield too one paced and its why jetta is gifted a game
Cunningham doesnt do enough
Tippett isnt elite but is paid like he is
Pyke isnt a ruckmans rear end
No crumbers
Mcglynn wanted a flag apparently well i dont believe it
Kieran jack a grade rating he gets at times is a joke

Buddy was the only one able to handle all the expectations and pressure, and they was alot on him..media etc. Goodes played with passion and kennedy only mid that is consistent. Without kennedy and franklin I would have witness a port 2007 effort I guarantee you that.

so much for our elite midfielders. Hawks are the real deal. And God damn Rohan Cunnigham Llyod , Mitchell must be licking his lips. Laidler to after the effort shaw Rampe etc put in. Fk so frustrated.

If it doesnt fire them up to train the house down nothing will i guess
Seriously? If playing in a grand final isn't enough motivation for you, retire.

Seriously? If playing in a grand final isn't enough motivation for you, retire.

I agree

But now its done it must do something
I dunno they cant all retire though, the loss is done, they have to do something

I cant see them offering to clean every fans car or house

I dunno im just ******* angry

I'd like an apology from the players to the supporters. That effort was the biggest F U to their own supporters. A real we a rock stars and do what we want effort. Fking embarrassing from most, ironically the biggest rock star of all was the one who played the best and tried his heart and soul out.

They looked like the same bunch that played the first 4 rounds, arrogance and s**t attitude.

They were out looking round after a few hawks had already been out for a kick pre game

If it doesnt fire them up to train the house down nothing will i guess

A close loss from a tight game would of given me a totally different outlook for 2015 but 11 goals? not much personel wise is going to change next year.

I think Hawthorn at full strength are unbeatable it reminded me of the round 3 game vs Freo i just dont see how we can beat them they completely have our measure we can only get close to them if they have injuries.

Would be funny if they get Clark and Frawley i bet they will be congratulated for it as well compared to the s**t we copped for getting Tippett after 2012 and if that happens i think i will lose my s**t and call Trade week radio and tell them what a ******* two faced tools they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back