Mega Thread Dayne Beams trade (Its over, thread closed)

What do you support the club to do? (Opposition respondents will be carded)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What pick is he expected to go at?

Would love to swap pick 5 and Harry for Pick 3
I think he may go top 4, I'd say GWS would pass, Melbourne and Saints to go with Pettreca and I'd say Dogs would snap him up at 4.
I'd definitely do that! Don't think they'd go for it though :(

Agreed.
Who above us in the draft will take him?
Gws no
Petracca to saints
Dees no.they have hulk waiting to play
Doggies???
Yeah my thoughts exactly, I'd love to get pick 3 somehow!

Not going to happen unfortunately.
Saints will swap pick 1 with GWS pick 3 and receive Jaksch or O'Rourke.

#1 Petracca GWS
#2 Brayshaw DEES
#3 McCartin SAINTS
#4 ???? PIES
#5 Lever/Wright DOGS

Then if Dees get pick 3 compensation they may take Wright or even trade the pick.

Ugh, I hate this time of the year! Especially having a top 5 pick but there being 3 or 4 stand out prospects! (at the moment)

That is why Swann was complaining about Pick 3 going to Melbourne.
Hine has probably said, we rate Wright, McCartin, Brayshaw & Petracca as the best 4.
He then probably said big drop to Darcy Moore.
He would have said to Brisbane.
You want us to give a blue chip midfielder for a pick which will net the 6th best player in the draft?
Hine would have then laughed at him.

I think he may go top 4, I'd say GWS would pass, Melbourne and Saints to go with Pettreca and I'd say Dogs would snap him up at 4.
I'd definitely do that! Don't think they'd go for it though :(

Yeah my thoughts exactly, I'd love to get pick 3 somehow!

Ugh, I hate this time of the year! Especially having a top 5 pick but there being 3 or 4 stand out prospects! (at the moment)

If the dees get pick 3 as compo can we package up a defender and a kid. Replaces frawley and gives them a mid?

I reckon we just say Rockliff+Pick 4+Aish or no deal.

Honestly, Beams is the 3rd best player in the comp, maybe if he was going to the suns (they're a nice club) but Brisbane? Hell no, hate them.

I heard on Reddit we might get Merret and Pick 4? That'd be an absolute travesty!!

I really feel the Pies need to have a look at Sam Reid and with Patful wanting to leave this could be our best chance.

Ah, why would we look at Reid? Since signing that stupid deal in 2012 he's done 2/5ths of stuff all. Without a doubt he is the most overrated player amongst posters on this site!

His numbers are at Chris Dawes levels and after 5 years in the system he still hasn't kicked 100 career goals (in fact far from it). Let's also have a look at him against the great Jesse White:

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...1=1793&fid1=C&tid2=17&pid2=3381&fid2=C&type=A

Honestly, Beams is the 3rd best player in the comp, maybe if he was going to the suns (they're a nice club) but Brisbane? Hell no, hate them.

I heard on Reddit we might get Merret and Pick 4? That'd be an absolute travesty!!

3rd best in the comp???

Wow he got better in the last hour then

I keep reading a lot of bluster from Collingwood supporters saying we are in the position of power with the Beams trade.
Nothing could be further from the truth.
History shows that when a good player wants to leave and names a destination club there is rarely (if ever) true and fair compensation.
QUOTE]
Really? I think West Coast bent Carlton over in the Judd deal. Kennedy's years at West Coast ha
Ah, why would we look at Reid? Since signing that stupid deal in 2012 he's done 2/5ths of stuff all. Without a doubt he is the most overrated player amongst posters on this site!
Yep Sam Reid is pointless, unless he learns to play CHB like his brother I don't think his next contract will be much chop. When he has played in teh backline he has been poor, so I'm not sure if he'll just end up being Liam Jones

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the dees get pick 3 as compo can we package up a defender and a kid. Replaces frawley and gives them a mid?

That is definitely not over the line, Greg Swann was talking on trade radio about it today and was of the opinion that I had out laid in another thread with Old Spice. Talking about not only his new contract but his old and his playing honors also factor in to it which was confirmed by Swann today.

3rd best in the comp???

Wow he got better in the last hour then

Why do you say that? He's phenonmenal, our rock and our future captain.

It goes against everything our club stands for to be walked on, we're the biggest club in the biggest competition in this country, we do not deserve to be walked all over. I hope beamsy can see his dad, but there has to be another way? Perhaps send him to GC, or even get Claye beams in a trade, and we'll bring his Dad up?

Honestly, I'm devo.

For our top 4 push?

We get Brown back that will be enough. Frost develops more next year. Our defence was the 3rd best in the first half of the year in terms of least points conceded

No we won't be making top 4 next year, however the assumption that young players will always improve, regardless of what experience is around them is not correct.

I don't rate Brown and aside from that he is rarely on the field.

Our defence was good early and as happens with young players it dramatically declined. Merret is a seasoned player that can lead them out on the field.

Besides I like players with a bit of mongrel in them.

Not saying I am desperate for him, but if it happens I can see advantages.

There's been some tripe flying around over the past week from both camps, but this right here takes the cake :thumbsu:

Why do you say that? He's phenonmenal, our rock and our future captain.

It goes against everything our club stands for to be walked on, we're the biggest club in the biggest competition in this country, we do not deserve to be walked all over. I hope beamsy can see his dad, but there has to be another way? Perhaps send him to GC, or even get Claye beams in a trade, and we'll bring his Dad up?

Honestly, I'm devo.

Im devo too
But hes not currently top 3 in the comp
Gaj fyfe pendles

That is why Swann was complaining about Pick 3 going to Melbourne.
Hine has probably said, we rate Wright, McCartin, Brayshaw & Petracca as the best 4.
He then probably said big drop to Darcy Moore.
He would have said to Brisbane.
You want us to give a blue chip midfielder for a pick which will net the 6th best player in the draft?
Hine would have then laughed at him.
Do you speak in this weird staccato way you type? It is also totally mental.

I reckon we just say Rockliff+Pick 4+Aish or no

Firstly, beams isnt the third best player in the comp, he is about 5-10 but will improve as he has youth on his side.

Secondly, if we accept pick 4 and merrett i want that person who done the deal sacked for incompetence. Cannot possibly happen

Firstly, beams isnt the third best player in the comp, he is about 5-10 but will improve as he has youth on his side.

Secondly, if we accept pick 4 and merrett i want that person who done the deal sacked for incompetence. Cannot possibly happen

Yeah, you're right, perhaps I'm being a bit emotional. But still, he's better than any player the lions have had in the past 5 years for sure!!

Yeah, I'll be at the end of my tether if we get a gamble (pick 4) and an overrated lumberjack for one of the most promising players in the entire competition.

Brisbane: pick 4 to GWS
Collingwood: Beams to Brisbane
GWS: O'Rouke, pick 20 and pick 24 on traded to Collingwood.

Brisbane lose pick 4 gain Beams
Collingwood lose Beams gain O'Rourke, pick 20 and pick 24
GWS lose O'Rourke, pick 20 and pick 24 gain pick 4

No one gets ripped off and your mob get good compo considering the circumstances. Might need a sweetener for GWS maybe Merrett from Brisbane.

You won't be getting Aish, Rocky or anyone that is locked into best 22 for us. If no trade is done this year then Beams is practically coming to us for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back