Mega Thread Dayne Beams trade (Its over, thread closed)

What do you support the club to do? (Opposition respondents will be carded)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brisbane: pick 4 to GWS
Collingwood: Beams to Brisbane
GWS: O'Rouke, pick 20 and pick 24 on traded to Collingwood.

Brisbane lose pick 4 gain Beams
Collingwood lose Beams gain O'Rourke, pick 20 and pick 24
GWS lose O'Rourke, pick 20 and pick 24 gain pick 4

No one gets ripped off and your mob get good compo considering the circumstances. Might need a sweetener for GWS maybe Merrett from Brisbane.

You won't be getting Aish, Rocky or anyone that is locked into best 22 for us. If no trade is done this year then Beams is practically coming to us for free.

No deal. If you don't give up Pick 4 (which will be pick 5) and any player of our choice it's no deal.

No one gets ripped off and your mob get good compo considering the circumstances. Might need a sweetener for GWS maybe Merrett from Brisbane.

You won't be getting Aish, Rocky or anyone that is locked into best 22 for us. If no trade is done this year then Beams is practically coming to us for free.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wait let me read that again

No one gets ripped off and your mob get good compo considering the circumstances. Might need a sweetener for GWS...
AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yes O'Rourke for Beams! Bend me over now!

So in summary
Brissy get a ferrari
Gws get pick 4 , lets say a nissan maxima and give up a no 2 pick and 2 other commodores
Pies then get 2 commodores and a solar powered proto type pick 2 who mite be of value in a couple of years.

No offence but thats a sh1t scenario for GWS and the Pies

If your club really thought that, you'd just wait for next year. You're not winning a flag next year so what does it matter if a Beams comes next year. Pick 4 2014 + Beams > Beams.

Your club struggles to attract players without paying overs. Do you really think, you'd be prepared to wait a year for a player that wants in now, especially a top notch elite mid? I believe Greg Swann will disagree with you.

On your trade, would you trade Hanley for O'Rourke, picks 22 & 24 ?

Last edited:
oh sod off!!

Not as bad as this

Anyway, we shouldn't fight, that's what the lions want, they want to tear us apart! This is what its about and it WILL NOT work!

Sod off you say. What you've done is just allow your emotions to get the better of you nothing more nothing less.

I'll put forward a scenario for you. You wake up tomorrow to the news that Dangerfield has decided to leave the Crows and has chosen Collingwood as his new club happy days yeah, but there's a catch.

Adelaide are asking for Sidebottom + Broomhead + a top 5 pick, do you take the deal? Yours is the worst suggestion so far in 5 days of posting on the issue so at least you can hang your hat on that :)

I reckon we just say Rockliff+Pick 4+Aish or no deal.

Honestly, Beams is the 3rd best player in the comp, maybe if he was going to the suns (they're a nice club) but Brisbane? Hell no, hate them.

I heard on Reddit we might get Merret and Pick 4? That'd be an absolute travesty!!

Beams didn't even make the final 22 All Australian list, how can he be the third best player in the comp? :confused:

If no trade is done this year then Beams is practically coming to us for free.

Look, I don't know who you are but you look like bit of a dickhead. Sorry if that offends anyone and I apologise for my rude language.
Dayne is not the type of person to do that and won't.
At the end of 2010, Collingwood hired Dayne a top QC.
There was a very real possibility he would have been charged for rape.
That would have stayed with him forever.
The Beams family have told Collingwood they owe the club for life.
They would and will never cross the club off like that.
That is the type of people they are.
Don't come in here thinking you will get him for free next year.
You know nothing about the boy.
And just to finish off, Paul Connors grew up as a Collingwood supporter. He is a Collingwood member. He goes every week.
He isn't the type of person that will deliberately screw over the club he is a member of.
Now go back to your Brisbane Bears board.

Ah, why would we look at Reid? Since signing that stupid deal in 2012 he's done 2/5ths of stuff all. Without a doubt he is the most overrated player amongst posters on this site!

His numbers are at Chris Dawes levels and after 5 years in the system he still hasn't kicked 100 career goals (in fact far from it). Let's also have a look him against the great Jesse White:

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...1=1793&fid1=C&tid2=17&pid2=3381&fid2=C&type=A
Great comparison ScoDog. Now I realise why I thought White was useless. Looks like Tarzan, plays footy like the Jane.

My apologies SidebySide1990 I seriously underestimated the ability of idiots to, you know be idiots (not referring to you as one)! Because in the space of a dozen posts someone has bested your offer :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about you get: Beams

We get: Dangerfield

And you go over to the Adelaide board and have a chat with them about what they'll take for Dangerfield?

How about you get: Beams

We get: Dangerfield

And you go over to the Adelaide board and have a chat with them about what they'll take for Dangerfield?

How about we pretty please give the s**t stirrer a few days off from our board?

BigFooty needs a dislike button.

Just throwing it out there. I think we need a third club to come to the party so where is the deal going to come from?

Would we get GWS involved with Shiel, Greene or Hoskin-Elliott and a pick or another player?
Who could Sydney give us if not for those players? Mitchell and Jones?

What are some ideas that may work and can benefit the club??

He's contracted for another year he can't go to you for all of season 2015 then he will be 25 with 2-3 good years left. Players hit 27-28 and it's basically down hill.

Sod off you say. What you've done is just allow your emotions to get the better of you nothing more nothing less.

I'll put forward a scenario for you. You wake up tomorrow to the news that Dangerfield has decided to leave the Crows and has chosen Collingwood as his new club happy days yeah, but there's a catch.

Adelaide are asking for Sidebottom + Broomhead + a top 5 pick, do you take the deal? Yours is the worst suggestion so far in 5 days of posting on the issue so at least you can hang your hat on that :)

Harsh. I saw someone prefer Merrett over Hanley, that takes the cake for mine.

There should be a competition at the end of the trade period for the most ridiculous post/trade idea.

How about we pretty please give the s**t stirrer a few days off from our board?

I just did ... politely

013_256_NYC116331_resized.jpg

The WORST trade idea I've seen so far.
We'll be getting at least 4,24 and a Lester/Crisp from you, why would we involve GWS for a considerably worse deal. Made my night! Cheers Bud!

Last edited:
Harsh. I saw someone prefer Merrett over Hanley, that takes the cake for mine.

There should be a competition at the end of the trade period for the most ridiculous post/trade idea.

Was the Merrett over Hanley opinion with their first rounder also involved? Because I could cop that if it meant we traded a KPD out the other end. In all honesty though it would be quite low on my list of options, but we could make that work, IMO.

I do like the idea of that competition. SizeMatters is setting a cracking pace a week out from the trade period commencing though. Dare I say it perhaps he/ she's the Usain Bolt of floggy trade offers :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back