Mega Thread Dayne Beams trade (Its over, thread closed)

What do you support the club to do? (Opposition respondents will be carded)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has knee tendinitis in both knees which is a chance of becoming chronic, but I would still take the risk.
I'd still take the risk too. Didn't Beams do his PCL?
acttr

Do we honestly think we are going to get a good deal done with Bris. Having Matthews and Swann there will be like asking an ex-girlfriend to be a referee for a job interview.

If one leaves, it will destroy their culture and everyone will leave. I understand their paranoia after last year. We might be heading in that direction. THATSGOLD
It sorta breeds through the club and puts ideas in other team mates head. It only takes 2-3 out of a group of 40 to say if he can leave for x cash or go home to his family why cant I.

Given how bad we are at trading, Brisbane will get Beams and we will get zip as usual.
Our club has no backbone.
When will we become ruthless ??
I would rather we make Beams stay, play out the year in the reserves, get him to clean the toilets at the Westpact centre and any other shitty job we can find.
If his sole goal is to return to QLD to be close to his dad then he should be willing to go anywhere up there and not be making demands as to which club he wants to go to. 4.6 million obviously has a certain allure.

If we get pick 22 from Dees for Lumumba.

Fill in the sentence Beams + Pick 22 is worth Brisbane's Pick 4 + .........

Realistically.
Also Happy for Lions fans reading to have a crack too. Play nice!
Brisbane fans will say they have nothing else to give. I almost feel we need to get permission to talk to half a dozen likely Brisbane players to work out if we can interest them in playing in front of the biggest crowds in the country.

Given how bad we are at trading, Brisbane will get Beams and we will get zip as usual.
Our club has no backbone.
When will we become ruthless ??
I would rather we make Beams stay, play out the year in the reserves, get him to clean the toilets at the Westpact centre and any other shitty job we can find.
If his sole goal is to return to QLD to be close to his dad then he should be willing to go anywhere up there and not be making demands as to which club he wants to go to. 4.6 million obviously has a certain allure.

Bad at trading?
First round picks for Dawes & Wellingham not good enough?

Part 2

... Continued.

So here's how the negotiation will work ...

Begin with one of these ...

brisbane-lions-2014-team.jpg

... and offer to add one of these ...

dayne-beams-300x0.jpg

... And then Brisbane try to figure out what to offer in return from this pool ...

brisbane-lions-2014-team.jpg

... that improves this ...

$_35.JPG

... (Minus this) ...

721966-dayne-beams.jpg

... As judged by this bloke ...

0.jpg

... So that Collingwood are ...

Scott-Pendlebury.jpg

... And Brisbane are ...

745786-jonathan-brown.jpg

... Which is what Greg Swann basically said today

Last edited:
Has anyone read Robbos article in the Hun tomorrow.......re Beams and Pies?

Why doesn't he write one about Hird, Bomber Thomson and Rhyder.....

Will always love Beamsy but the sooner this is sorted out one way or the other, the better!

All this negativity does my head in.

Sorry for the rant!

What about this for a three way:

Sydney Lose Mitchell
Sydney Gain Pick 4

Brisbane Lose Pick 4 & Mayes
Brisbane Gain Beams & Pick 28

Collingwood Lose Beams & Pick 28
Collingwood Gain Mitchell & Mayes

I've ignored the so called Brisbane untouchables as I don't think that attitude will get a deal done. And listening to Swann I genuinely don't think it will go that way anyway. I've tried to be equatable to all parties sacrifice but also gain. Would love some honest feedback.

What about this for a three way:

Sydney Lose Mitchell
Sydney Gain Pick 4

Brisbane Lose Pick 4 & Mayes
Brisbane Gain Beams & Pick 28

Collingwood Lose Beams & Pick 28
Collingwood Gain Mitchell & Mayes

I've ignored the so called Brisbane untouchables as I don't think that attitude will get a deal done. And listening to Swann I genuinely don't think it will go that way anyway. I've tried to be equatable to all parties sacrifice but also gain. Would love some honest feedback.

Brisbane posters state that they would not trade Mayes for Beams in a direct swap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My take on a conversation between Beams, Connors, Hine and Bucks during the trade period.
Beams: So Dekka, am I going home or what?
Hine: no mate, Brisbane won't budge. Being a bit silly.
Beams: (sigh) Oh come on mate. You said you'd help me out! WTF? Just take what they're giving.
Buckley: stands up. Mate, they're looking to bend us over and you want to be part of that?
Beams: I just wanna go home so get it done. Take the offer.
Hine: the property steward has your 2015 training gear. Pick it up on the way out. Don't forget to pick up your training info for your time off. Go easy on the carbs, we're expecting you back in top nick when preseason starts.
Beams: so that's it then? You're not letting me go?
Hine: that's right, unless money bags over here (pointing to Connors) grows a set of hairy ones and tells Lethal to go * himself and let the smart ones do the dealing.
Connors: but but how did you know.....
Bucks: (interrupting) sh sh sh sh shhhhh, go back to em, tell em to tell Leigh and his squeaky lil voice to shut the * up and then you may get the boy home. We're happy, Dayne is happy and you get a bigger cut.
Hine: capisce?

My take on a conversation between Beams, Connors, Hine and Bucks during the trade period.
Beams: So Dekka, am I going home or what?
Hine: no mate, Brisbane won't budge. Being a bit silly.
Beams: (sigh) Oh come on mate. You said you'd help me out! WTF? Just take what they're giving.
Buckley: stands up. Mate, they're looking to bend us over and you want to be part of that?
Beams: I just wanna go home so get it done. Take the offer.
Hine: the property steward has your 2015 training gear. Pick it up on the way out. Don't forget to pick up your training info for your time off. Go easy on the carbs, we're expecting you back in top nick when preseason starts.
Beams: so that's it then? You're not letting me go?
Hine: that's right, unless money bags over here (pointing to Connors) grows a set of hairy ones and tells Lethal to go **** himself and let the smart ones do the dealing.
Connors: but but how did you know.....
Bucks: (interrupting) sh sh sh sh shhhhh, go back to em, tell em to tell Leigh and his squeaky lil voice to shut the **** up and then you may get the boy home. We're happy, Dayne is happy and you get a bigger cut.
Hine: capisce?

LOL

Who here doesn't hate Brisbane? Lol

Has anyone read Robbos article in the Hun tomorrow.......re Beams and Pies?

Why doesn't he write one about Hird, Bomber Thomson and Rhyder.....

Will always love Beamsy but the sooner this is sorted out one way or the other, the better!

All this negativity does my head in.

Sorry for the rant!
Don't apologise. It's hardly an explosive piece.
If he is right and Beams is wanting to leave more to get out of the club than get to his family, then the Pies have every right to go hard regardless of Robbo's next Collingwood piece "Mean Pies stop Beams going home."
As I have said earlier, I want Beams to come out and tell exactly why he is leaving. All truth and no spin. The Pies are already losing a very good player, losing a bit of face won't mean s**t.
If as I suspect, Robbo hates Collingwood, then a piece like this actually hurts Brisbane's chances of getting Beams cheaply. In short, oh Dayne, you don't like the club anymore coz your mates are gone? Ummm tell your potential mates at Brisbane to hold off on welcoming party.

Last edited:
Don't apologise. It's hardly an explosive piece.
If he is right and Beams is wanting to leave more to get out of the club than get to his family, then the Pies have every right to go hard regardless of Robbo's next Collingwood piece "Mean Pies stop Beams going home."
As I have said earlier, I want Beams to come out and tell exactly why he is leaving. All truth and no spin. The Pies are already losing a very good player, losing a bit of face won't mean s**t.
That's exactly how I feel FiloBeddoe.....Let him speak.....I'm sure we can "handle the truth"!!!

The Pies will be still be around long after Beamsy and all of us are long gone.

That is a bona fide troll article by Robbo there.

I'll cop the hit we took by Walsh leaving
I'll cop the hit we're taking with Beams leaving
I'll cop the retirement of Ball

But to toss in us "tiptoeing" (Robbo's verb) a 30 year old who played 5 games and a 31 year old who played 9 games ... (Name me one list in the country who would retain those kind of players)

And to toss in ACL's to Caff and Shazza ...

And to toss in the retirement to Maxwell ...

... just to create a bit of mischief. Pure trolling

That is a bona fide troll article by Robbo there.

I'll cop the hit we took by Walsh leaving
I'll cop the hit we're taking with Beams leaving
I'll cop the retirement of Ball

But to toss in us "tiptoeing" (Robbo's verb) a 30 year old who played 5 games and a 31 year old who played 9 games ... (Name me one list in the country who would retain those kind of players)

And to toss in ACL's to Caff and Shazza ...

And to toss in the retirement to Maxwell ...

... just to create a bit of mischief. Pure trolling
I sprobably bitter because he looks like such an idiot after the amount of money he lost after taking it to the bank

That's my point .......pure deflection on his part.

His alleged "drug cheat" club is losing a Gun Ruckmen in his prime and he chooses to write about the Pies!

1 + 1 doesn't equal 3 Robbo! Is it fact?!? Troll is being generous I think.

Beams is/was my favourite player but all this negativity is not good for the Pies.

Like I said i hope the deal is done by Monday 10 am as it is becoming tiresome and trade period hasn't even started.

Go Pies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back