Mega Thread Dayne Beams trade (Its over, thread closed)

What do you support the club to do? (Opposition respondents will be carded)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've had smashed cars like everyone else. Franklin? Injunctions?
Mitchel captain of Hodge due to (remember Derm's comment) and then Hodge replaces Mitchel. Gibson has had his issues. Lake also. brown in his time there - and he left them because he got his noise out of joint in the Burgoyne trade negotiations.

Hawthorn are simply a better run club than us - and for that matter most if not all others.
Based on???
I'll take the objective evidence that we had the longest finals streak of any AFL club up to this year as a sign that we're not actually too bad.

The best scenario in my mind is pick 4 + orourke which we get via an on trade for a deal with patful.

Unless we can score someone like Reid or Mitchell from Sydney then that's what I'd be targeting.

I think we are in total rebuild mode so may as we'll maximise our first round picks and get as many mids as possible.

Greg Swan is a tosser )

is Sam Reid worth a look at in a 3rd party deal?

even it it means we lose Beam's next year for nothing.

Yes Swann is a tosser.

I don't think my mental state can handle another injury prone Reid tbh.

We won't lose him for nothing. A deal will get done towards the end after all the posturing and when the paddle pops realise he may end up at GC. Sit tight

I don't know if I want Wright tbh - he's a nice prospect yes, but do we need him more than we need to start stocking up on taller midfielders with good disposal skills by foot (who can preferably hit the scoreboard as well)? The draft is heavy with KPP's this year and there are sure to be a number of decent tall prospects available in later rounds for the savvy recruiter.
Who is there around that pick though that fits that mould?

I'd much rather Mccartin btw.

Problem is we need help for Cloke we cannot allow him to be double teamed every week

Problem is we are losing our best clearance mid.

We draft well. The decision to bring in Hines was a very good one but made a long time ago. Letting Hine do his job isn;t decision making it is a non negoatiable par for the course. We trade poorly though these days adn that's not even the important decision making in the context of where we are right now.

Doesn't matter whether we trade well, even if we can gaurantee we get someone exactly like Beams, it sets us back 6 whole years, that means near certain to have us miss finals. Anyone wanting to do that to us can get stuffed, be it Beams or Brisbane. I say we spend all the time we will spend on Suns negotiation. It is the compromise, we want him to stay, he wants Brisbane, he goes to Suns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That doesnt help at all. we dont pick 4 or a good midfielder

That pick will not give us what we want which is the best talent in the draft but it could net us a key young key position player and a promising forward too. I think it could work. Would prefer a mid and Reid but who are they going to let go???

Problem is we need help for Cloke we cannot allow him to be double teamed every week
I think better delivery into the F50 would be the best help for Cloke. He's probably the best power forward in the comp and with improved delivery I still think using White and Reid will be fine.

I want McCartin at Pies next year!

Not going to happen unfortunately.
Saints will swap pick 1 with GWS pick 3 and receive Jaksch or O'Rourke.

#1 Petracca GWS
#2 Brayshaw DEES
#3 McCartin SAINTS
#4 ???? PIES
#5 Lever/Wright DOGS

Then if Dees get pick 3 compensation they may take Wright or even trade the pick.

I think better delivery into the F50 would be the best help for Cloke. He's probably the best power forward in the comp and with improved delivery I still think using White and Reid will be fine.

Hawkins at cats
Cats have elite mids and elite delivery to him but still felt the need to play kersten or walker or hmac as support.
Trav needs help in delivery and support. We need both imho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back